TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (6-5-3 – 15 Points) vs.
PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (6-5-1 – 13 Points)
NOVEMBER 2, 2019 ▪ 7:00 PM EST
WELLS FARGO CENTER (PHILADELPHIA, PA) ▪
TV: SPORTSNET/HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA ▪
RADIO: SPORTSNET 590 THE FAN
MAPLE LEAFS HISTORY versus PHILADELPHIA
|ALL-TIME RECORD:||63-92-22-6 (183 Games)|
|ALL-TIME ON THE ROAD:||26-54-8-3 (91 Games)|
MAPLE LEAFS CAREER LEADERS versus PHILADELPHIA
|GAMES PLAYED:||John Tavares (45) Jason Spezza (40), Morgan Rielly (16)|
|GOALS:||John Tavares (19), Jason Spezza (9), William Nylander (4)|
|ASSISTS:||Jason Spezza (22), John Tavares (17), Morgan Rielly (9)|
|POINTS:||John Tavares (36), Jason Spezza (31), Morgan Rielly (10)|
|PENALTY MINUTES:||Jason Spezza (63), John Tavares (14), Jake Muzzin (10)|
MAPLE LEAFS – FLYERS TEAM STATS
|GOALS FOR (Rank):||49 (t-3rd)||39 (18th)|
|GOALS AGAINST (Rank):||48 (t-27th)||40 (t-16th)|
|POWER PLAY [%] (Rank):||9/46 [19.6%] (17th)||10/45 [22.2%] (13th)|
|PENALTY KILL [%] (Rank):||37/48 [77.1%] (t-22nd)||31/38 [81.6%] (t-13th)|
|SHOTS (Rank):||456 (6th)||415 (t-17th)|
|5-on-5 SHOT ATTEMPTS FOR (Rank):||605 (1st)||489 (20th)|
|5-on-5 SHOT ATTEMPT % (Rank):||52.4% (7th)||55.8% (1st)|
|FACEOFF % (Rank):||53.5% (4th)||56.0% (1st)|
MAPLE LEAFS – FLYERS NOTES
|FIRST MATCHUP BETWEEN CLUBS:||Jan. 24, 1968 vs. PHI (Philadelphia 2, Toronto 1)|
|ALL-TIME RECORD:||63-92-22-6 (183 Games)|
|ALL-TIME RECORD AT HOME:||37-38-14-3 (92 Games)|
|ALL-TIME RECORD ON THE ROAD:||26-54-8-3 (91 Games)|
|LAST WIN VS. OPPONENT ON THE ROAD:||April 7, 2016 (Toronto 4, Philadelphia 3 OT)|
MAPLE LEAFS MILESTONES vs. FLYERS
|Morgan Rielly||100th career NHL point (Nov. 11, 2016 vs. PHI)|
|Jason Spezza||First career NHL goal (Oct. 29, 2002 (OTT) at PHI)|
|John Tavares||500th career NHL game (March 21, 2016 (NYI) vs. PHI)|
MAPLE LEAFS LEADERS
|POINTS||16 (Marner, Matthews)|
|POWER PLAY POINTS||7 (Marner)|
|SHORTHANDED POINTS||2 (Kapanen)|
|FACEOFF WIN%||62.5% (Shore)|
|5-on-5 SHOT ATTEMPT %||57.8% (Nylander)|
|BLOCKED SHOTS||28 (Ceci)|
|TOI PER GAME||25:23 (Rielly)|
|PP TOI PER GAME||3:26 (Matthews, Rielly)|
|SH TOI PER GAME||3:37 (Ceci)|
MAPLE LEAFS NOTABLES
– Frederik Andersen has made 11 career appearances against Philadelphia and has posted a 7-2-2 record with a 3.22 goals-against average and a .906 save percentage. He is 36-15-7 with a 2.42 goals-against average and a .926 save percentage in 59 career games during the month of November.
– Tyson Barrie is tied for eighth among NHL defencemen in shots on goal (36). He has started 80 shifts in the offensive zone, which is the 10th-most among NHL defencemen.
– Cody Ceci is fifth among NHL skaters in total shorthanded time on ice (50:44). He is one of two NHLers (Deryk Engelland – 3) who have played over 50 minutes of shorthanded ice time and been on the ice for fewer than five goals-against (4) on the penalty kill.
– Frederik Gauthier is tied for 13th among all NHL skaters in defensive zone faceoff wins (51), winning 59.3 percent of his defensive zone draws (51 won, 35 lost).
– Andreas Johnsson had his first career hat trick against Philadelphia on Nov. 24, 2018. He has three points (1-2-3) in four games against Metropolitan Division opponents this season.
– Kasperi Kapanen has four points (2 goals, 2 assists) in four games against Metropolitan Division opponents in 2019-20. He ranks ninth among NHL right wingers in shorthanded ice time per game (2:17).
– Alex Kerfoot has 23 points (8 goals, 15 assists) in 26 career games during the month of November, which is his highest point total in a single month. He has three assists in four career games against Philadelphia.
– Mitch Marner is tied for 12th among NHLers in points (3-13-16) and tied for sixth among NHL skaters in assists (13). He has averaged 2.24 assists per 60 minutes of ice time since entering the League in 2016-17, which is tied for the third-highest average among NHLers who have appeared in at least 200 games in that span.
– Auston Matthews is tied for third in the NHL in goals (11) and is tied for second in the NHL in even-strength goals (8) through 14 games in 2019-20. He is tied for fourth among NHL skaters in shots on goal (57). He is the only player in the NHL to have recorded over 100 goals (122) while serving less than 50 minutes in penalties (40) since he entered the League in 2016-17.
– Ilya Mikheyev is tied for second in points among rookie skaters (4-6-10). He leads all rookie forwards in shorthanded ice time (35:22), shifts per game (23.8) and shots on goal (36). He is tied for second among rookie forwards in takeaways (9).
– Trevor Moore is one of two NHL rookies to have registered at least 20 hits (29) and 20 shots on goal (23). He is the only NHL rookie to average at least 1:00 per game in power play ice time (1:29) and 1:00 per game in shorthanded ice time (2:00).
– William Nylander is the lone Maple Leaf and one of 25 NHLers to have recorded over 30 shots on goal (32) while having fewer than five giveaways (4). He ranks third among Maple Leafs in faceoff win percentage (56.3% – 49 won, 38 lost).
– Morgan Rielly is tied for third among NHL defencemen in points (3-11-14). His 25:23 TOI per game average is the fifth-highest mark in the NHL He is third in the NHL in shifts per game (29.9). His 33:16 in ice time on October 29 vs. Washington is the seventh-highest recorded single-game time on ice for a Maple Leaf skater in franchise history.
– Nick Shore has the highest even-strength faceoff win percentage (67.2% – 43 won, 21 lost) among NHL skaters who have taken at least 75 faceoffs (88). His 80 defensive zone starts are tied for the third-most among NHL forwards.
CURRENT POINT STREAKS
|Andreas Johnsson||Has goals (2) in two consecutive games.|
|Mitch Marner||Has assists (4) in three consecutive games.|
|Auston Matthews||Has assists (2) in two consecutive games and points (3-2-5) in three consecutive games.|
|Morgan Rielly||Has assists (2) in two consecutive games and points (1-2-3) in three consecutive games.|
|Tyson Barrie||Two games from 500 NHL games played.|
|Michael Hutchinson||Four wins from 50 career NHL wins.|
|Andreas Johnsson||Four games from 100 career NHL games played.|
|Auston Matthews||One assist from 100 career NHL assists.|
|Zach Hyman (Knee)||On injured reserve.|
|Jake Muzzin (Leg)||Left Toronto’s game on Oct. 29 vs. WSH and did not return.|
|John Tavares (Finger)||Sustained broken finger on Oct. 16 at WSH.|
|Man Games Lost: 33|
|Nov. 1||Loaned forward Nic Petan to the Toronto Marlies (AHL).|
|Oct. 29||Activated Travis Dermott from Injured Reserve. Loaned Kevin Gravel to the Toronto Marlies (AHL).|