WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2019
Toronto: M. Read (1) (K. Rubins, T. Gaudet)
Goaltender: K. Kaskisuo (28/30)
Rockford: R. Johnson (3) (N. Moutry, M. Entwistle), P. Kurashev (1) PP (P. Holm, N. Beaudin), B. Hagel (2) EN (I. McCoshen)
Goaltender: K. Lankinen (19/20)
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Matt Read opened the scoring eight seconds into the second period. This is Read’s first goal for the Marlies. He has three points (1 goal, 2 assists) through nine games.
- Kristians Rubins recorded the primary assist on Read’s second period goal. Rubins has three assists through eight games.
- Tyler Gaudet registered the secondary assist on Read’s second period goal. Gaudet has picked up five points (2 goals, 3 assists) in 10 games this season.
- Kasimir Kaskisuo stopped 28 of 30 shots he faced. Kaskisuo is now 5-1-1-0 on the season with a .925 Save Percentage and a 2.15 Goals Against Average.
- The Marlies have played two games at 10:30 a.m. (1-1-0-0) since 2005-06, both against Oklahoma City in the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons.
- Toronto has not given up an empty-net goal since March 23, 2019 in a 5-2 loss against the Rochester Americans.
- This is Toronto’s first regulation loss this season, capturing 17 of 22 points through their first 11 games.
- Toronto was 5-for-6 on the penalty kill and was 0-for-5 on the power play.
- Rockford had a 31-20 edge in shots in all situations. Multiple playersled the Marlies with two shots on goal.
- The Marlies are 2-1-0-0 against Central Division opponents and are 0-1-0-0 against the IceHogs. This is the first of two games this season against Rockford. Toronto last played Rockford on April 18, 2015, winning 3-1 on the road.
- The Toronto Marlies are on their annual Royal Road Trip where they will play seven away games from October 26 to November 9 as Coca-Cola Coliseum hosts the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair.
REGULAR SEASON LEADERS
- Goals: P. Aberg (7)
- Assists: J. Bracco (8)
- Points: P. Aberg (12)
- PPG: E. Korshkov (4)
- Shots: P. Aberg (37)
- +/-: B. Harpur (+11)
- PIMS: E. Korshkov,J. Schmaltz (12)
- Toronto is 6-1-1-1 when scoring first.
- The Marlies are 2-1-0-0 when tied after the first period and 1-1-2-0 when trailing after the second period.
- Toronto is 2-1-1-1 when outshot by their opponent.
- The Marlies are 1-1-0-0 in Wednesday games and are 1-1-0-1 in November.
CURRENT POINT STREAKS
- No current point streaks
- Darren Archibald (forearm strain) did not play in today’s game against Rockford.
- Adam Brooks (concussion) did not play in today’s game against Rockford.
- November 5: Recalled forward Aaron Luchuk from to Newfoundland (ECHL).
- November 5: Recalled forward Giorgio Estephan from loan to Newfoundland (ECHL).
- November 5: Recalled forward Nic Petan from loan to Toronto (NHL).
- November 3: Returned forward Zach O’Brien on loan to Newfoundland (ECHL).
- November 1: Loaned forward Nic Petan from Toronto (NHL) to Toronto (AHL).
- October 31: Traded defenceman Ryan Johnston to San Diego (AHL).
HEAD COACH SHELDON KEEFE
On today’s game:
We just really struggled to generate any sort of offence today. That was our biggest issue. Penalties of course would be the only thing that would be bigger than that. At five-on-five today, I mean we didn’t give up very much. It was the least amount of scoring chances that we’ve given up all season but we just didn’t get any offence today ourselves and you need to score more than one goal to win and our power play couldn’t make it up for us. They scored a power play goal and we didn’t. We took too many penalties. Special teams, really for me, is what lost the game but we couldn’t get any rhythm, we couldn’t get on the inside and overall, I just thought we were the slower team on the ice today, thought that they outskated us and out-skilled us in a lot of areas of the game and it makes it pretty tough on you that way.
November 8 at Grand Rapids – 7:00 p.m. ET
November 9 at Grand Rapids – 7:00 p.m. ET
November 16 vs Texas – 4:00 p.m. ET
November 17 vs Texas – 4:00 p.m. ET
November 20 vs Laval – 7:00 p.m. ET