Carlos Rodón took a no-hitter into the seventh inning, and the Chicago White Sox completed a three-game sweep of the Detroit Tigers on Sunday.Rodón Takes No-Hitter Into 7th; White Sox Sweep Tigers — CBS Chicago
It looked bad when it happened.Kyrie Irving out for remainder of Game 4 with ankle sprain — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
TORONTO BLUE JAYS 18, BOSTON RED SOX 4
Sunday, June 13, 2021 • Fenway Park, Boston, MA
RED SOX NOTES (39-27)
THE RED SOX have lost each of their last 2 games…Allowed a franchise-record 8 HR (previous: 7 HR, 4 times).
- Also allowed season highs in runs (18), hits (20), and XBH (11)…Last allowed 18+ runs on 7/25/19 vs. NYY (19-3).
- Have allowed 5+ HR in back-to-back games for the 1st time in franchise history (5 on Friday, 8 today)…Did not allow 3+ HR in a game through their first 64 games…Allowed just 43 HR in their first 59 games prior to allowing 21 HR in the last 7 games.
XANDER BOGAERTS (1-for-3, R, HR, RBI, BB) hit a solo HR in the 2nd inning, his 1st plate appearance after missing the previous 2 games (left knee soreness).
- Has homered in 2 of his last 3 games…His HR today had an exit velocity of 110.2 mph, his 2nd hardest hit HR in the Statcast era (112.1 mph, 7/25/19 vs. NYY).
- During his season-best 9-game hitting streak, is batting .412 with 5 XBH, 8 RBI, and a 1.126 OPS (13-for-34, 8 R, 3 2B, 2 HR, 4 BB).
BOBBY DALBEC (1-for-3, R, HR, RBI, BB) hit a solo HR in the 7th inning…Is 5-for-15 (.333) with 4 XBH and 4 RBI in his last 4 games, after a 3-for-38 stretch (.079).
- Exit velocities of Dalbec’s last 5 hits: 109.3 mph (single), 105.9 mph (double), 106.7 mph (HR), 100.9 mph (triple), and 108.1 mph (today’s HR).
KIKÉ HERNÁNDEZ (1-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI) hit a 2-run double in the 5th inning…Is 7-for-26 (.269) with 4 2B and a .345 OBP in his last 7 games (2 R, 3 RBI, 2 BB, HBP).
MARTÍN PÉREZ (1.1 IP, 6 H, 5 R, BB) tossed the 3rd-shortest start of his career…Lasted 0.2 IP on 9/26/12 and 1.0 IP on 7/28/15, both with TEX.
MARWIN GONZALEZ (1.0 IP/0-for-1) made his 1st career pitching appearance, tossing the 8th and 9th innings…This season, Gonzalez has pitched and played 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, and RF…The only other Red Sox to play each of those 7 positions in a season are Steve Lyons (1991) and Jack Rothrock (1928).
BLUE JAYS NOTES (33-30)
THE BLUE JAYS have won back-to-back games after losing 4 of their previous 5…Are 10-7 in their last 17 games following a season-long 6-game losing streak.
- Set season highs in runs (18), hits (20), HR (8), and XBH (11)…A franchise-record 7 Blue Jays hit at least 1 HR…Hit 5+ HR for the 4th time in 2021.
- Have hit 5+ HR in back-to-back games for the 3rd time in franchise history (also 8/12-14/20, 6/16-17/17)…Are the only team in the majors this season with 5+ HR in back-to-back games (previous: NYY 9/15-17/20, 3 games).
- Scored 4 runs in the 1st, 4th, and 5th innings, their 1st game with 4+ runs in 3 different innings since 8/26/16 vs. MIN (also 3 innings).
TEOSCAR HERNÁNDEZ (3-for-6, 2 R, 2B, 2 HR, 6 RBI) hit a pair of 3-run HR in his 11th career multi-HR game, 2nd of 2021 (also 5/12 at ATL)…Is the 1st Blue Jay with multiple 3-run HR in a game since Michael Saunders on 6/17/17 at BAL (2).
- Set a career high with 6 RBI…Is the 2nd Blue Jay with 6+ RBI in a game this year (Guerrero Jr., 4/27 vs. WSH, 7 RBI).
BO BICHETTE (4-for-5, 5 R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI, BB, SB) had a season-high 4 hits, including a 3-run HR in the 5th…Recorded his 8th SB of the season, tied for the team lead.
- Tied a franchise record with 5 runs scored (5th occurrence, previous: Josh Donaldson, 5/26/15 vs. CWS).
ROBBIE RAY (6.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 BB, 10 SO) recorded 10+ SO for the 2nd-straight start, 3rd time this season and 26th time in his career–4th most among active LHP….Is his first time with 10+ SO in back-to-back starts since 9/22-28/19.
- Has 86 SO over his last 10 starts, his most SO in a 10-game span since a career-high 87 from 6/30-9/15/17…The only Blue Jays with at least 86 SO in a 10-game span are Roger Clemens (25 times from 1997-98) and A.J. Burnett (2 times from 2006-08).
VLADIMIR GUERRERO JR. (3-for-5, 2 R, HR, 3 RBI) hit his MLB-leading 21st HR…Recorded 3+ hits for the 11th time this season, most in the majors…At the conclusion of today’s game, led the majors in HR (21), RBI (55), OBP (.450), SLG (.688), OPS (1.137), and total bases (154), and led the AL in AVG (.344)
Has homered in 3 consecutive games for the 2nd time in his career, both this season (also 5/13-16).
MARCUS SEMIEN (2-for-4, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI) singled and scored in the 1st inning and hit a solo HR in the 2nd…Has homered in back-to-back games for the 1st time since 8/15-16/20…14 of his 15 HR this season have been hit while playing second base, the most at the position in the majors this season.
CAVAN BIGGIO (2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, HR, RBI, BB) homered in back-to-back games for the 2nd time in his career (also 8/30-31/19).
Donovan Mitchell was no longer playing solo on the Bonneville Salt Flats. Paul George was no longer playing against his own shadows. Kawhi Leonard was no longer using the Oliver Twist approach, taking only what he was given. 838 more wordsWhicker: Clippers slow Jazz’s Donovan Mitchell enough in Game 3 win — Orange County Register
Green is the Nets big who fits best with the other core four.Nets’ Jeff Green cleared to play in Game 4 Sunday — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Dinwiddie tore his ACL in December and has been out since.Spencer Dinwiddie reportedly eyes return if Nets make it to Finals — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Clippers center Serge Ibaka underwent back surgery in Los Angeles on Thursday and will miss the remainder of the playoffs, the team said in a news release Friday. 495 more wordsClippers center Serge Ibaka undergoes back surgery — Press Enterprise
The world according to Jim: • Suggested title for the Clippers’ 2021 postseason: The Reputation Salvation Operation. Of course, that only works – maybe – if they’re still playing deep into next week and in position to reach their first conference final. 915 more wordsAlexander: Clippers’ image rehabilitation tour on hold — Press Enterprise
Editor’s note: This is the Friday June 11 edition of the Purple & Bold Lakers newsletter from reporter Kyle Goon. To receive the newsletter in your inbox, … 2,134 more wordsThe Lakers’ 2020 title had a cost. In 2021, they had to pay it — Press Enterprise
The Clippers have to figure out a way to cool down Donovan Mitchell, who has almost as many points (82) as Kawhi Leonard and Paul George combined (91) through the first two gamesClippers, down 2-0 to the Utah Jazz, have issues on both ends — San Bernardino Sun
The Golden Knights enjoyed a full building during their second-round series against the Colorado Avalanche. The Montreal Canadiens just started allowing a limited crowd.Golden Knights fans could be difference in Montreal series — Las Vegas Review-Journal
The San Francisco Giants have traded right-handed reliever Matt Wisler along with cash considerations to the Tampa Bay Rays in exchange for 24-year-old lefty Michael Plassmeyer, who will report to Double-A Richmond, according to a team press release. 386 more wordsSF Giants add lefty prospect in trade with Rays, send struggling reliever to Tampa Bay — Santa Cruz Sentinel