A pair of former White Sox employees allegedly funneled almost 35,000 tickets to an outside broker, who flipped them online for profit.Former White Sox employees charged in fraudulent ticket sales scheme — HardballTalk | NBC Sports
The Boston Celtics could be without their top player Saturday night. Kemba Walker might be out when the Celtics host the Philadelphia 76ers at TD Garden in a clash of Eastern Conference powerhouses. The Celtics on Friday released an injury report, and Walker was listed as questionable with left knee soreness. The point guard did not…Celtics Injury Report: Kemba Walker Added Ahead Of Game Vs. 76ers — NESN.com
GAME #49 – TORONTO RAPTORS (34-14) at DETROIT PISTONS (17-32) FRIDAY, JANUARY 31, 2020 – 7 P.M. (ET) – LITTLE CAESARS ARENA TV: SPORTSNET – RADIO: SPORTSNET 590 THE FAN
INJURY REPORT AT 1:30 P.M. FRIDAY
TOR@DET Detroit Pistons Bone, Jordan Out G League – Two-Way
Brown, Bruce Available Injury/Illness – Right Thumb; Sprain
Griffin, Blake Out Injury/Illness – Left Knee; Surgery
Kennard, Luke Out Injury/Illness – Bilateral Knee; Patellar Tendinitis
King, Louis Out G League – Two-Way
Morris, Markieff Questionable Injury/Illness – Body; Illness
Thomas, Khyri Out Injury/Illness – Right Foot; Surgery
Toronto Raptors Gasol, Marc Out Injury/Illness – Left Hamstring; Tightness
Hernandez, Dewan Out Injury/Illness – Right Ankle; Sprain
Hollis-Jefferson, Rondae Out Injury/Illness – Right Ankle; Sprain
Miller, Malcolm Out Injury/Illness – Neck; Strain
• The Toronto Raptors play the second game of a back-to-back set Friday night when they visit the Detroit Pistons. This is the third of four meetings between the two teams, with Toronto winning the first two games. With a victory Friday, Toronto would capture the season-series with the Pistons for the fourth time in the past five seasons. Since the start of the 2015-16 campaign, the Raptors are 11-5 against Detroit. Toronto is 4-3 (.571) this season in the second game of a back-to-back set.
• The Raptors have won a season-high nine straight games (Jan. 15-30) – tied for the third longest winning streak in team history. Toronto won a franchise record 11 consecutive games twice (Feb. 26 – Mar. 16, 2018 and Jan. 6-30, 2016). Over the past nine games, the Raptors are averaging 121.6 points and shooting .496 (400-806) from the field, including .394 (134-340) from 3-point range. Toronto also has a +55 (121-to-176) turnover differential during this stretch and leads the NBA in points per game off turnovers (25.7). Pascal Siakam is averaging a team-best 20.4 points during the current winning streak.
• The Raptors are 11-3 in the month of January. Toronto has finished with a winning record each of the past 21 calendar months (February 2017 – January 2020). The streak is the longest in franchise history and the longest current streak in the NBA. The last month in which Toronto did not have a winning record was January 2017 (8–9). With a victory tonight, the Raptors would also tie the franchise record for most wins in a calendar month. Toronto won 12 games in Nov. 2014, Jan. 2016, March 2018 and Nov. 2018.
• Kyle Lowry has been named a reserve for the 2020 NBA All-Star Game. Lowry will participate in his sixth All-Star Game (2015-20), the most in franchise history. He is the first player in NBA history to be selected to at least six All-Star teams after not being picked in any of his first eight seasons. Lowry will join forward Pascal Siakam in Chicago, who was voted a starter. Siakam’s selection extends a streak of six consecutive years that a Raptor has been voted into the starting five – Lowry (2015, 2016), DeMar DeRozan (2017,
2018) and Kawhi Leonard (2019). Chicago also marks the fifth straight year (2016-20) two players will represent Toronto in the All-Star Game.
• Serge Ibaka scored a season-high 26 points Jan. 30 at Cleveland. Ibaka has scored in double digits in five straight games; averaging 18.4 points and shooting .617 (37-60) from the floor during this span.
• Toronto has won eight straight games on the road (Jan. 4-30) – the second longest road win streak in team history. The Raptors won a franchise record nine in a row on the road Feb. 11 – Mar. 20, 2018. After starting the season 4-4 away from Scotiabank Arena, Toronto has won 13 of its last 16 games on the road. The Raptors have finished with a +.500 record on the road each of the past six seasons (2013-19).
• Kyle Lowry needs 61 points to tie Vince Carter (9,420) for third place on the Raptors’ all-time scoring list. DeMar DeRozan (13,296) is the franchise’s all-time leading scorer, followed by Chris Bosh (10,275).
• The Raptors continue a stretch of seven consecutive games (Jan. 26 – Feb. 8) vs. Eastern Conference opponents Friday night. Toronto is 24-7 (.774) against the East this season – the third best winning percentage in the NBA behind Milwaukee (.897) and LA Clippers (.778).
G – OG ANUNOBY #3
MIN: 29.3 REB: 5.5 AST: 1.7 STL: 1.1 TO: 1.2 BLK: 0.7 PTS: 10.5
• Contributed nine points, three rebounds and one assist in 31 minutes Jan. 30 at Cleveland.
• Toronto is 19-4 this season when Anunoby scores 10 or more points.
• Averaging a career-high 10.5 points and shooting a career-best .489 from the field through 47 games this season.
F – PASCAL SIAKAM #43
MIN: 34.9 REB: 7.6 AST: 3.4 STL: 1.0 TO: 2.5 BLK: 1.0 PTS: 23.7
• Recorded 19 points, five rebounds and a career high-tying four steals in 34 minutes Jan. 30 at Cleveland.
• Ranks 15th in the NBA in scoring (23.7); averaging 25.3 points over the last four games (Jan. 24-30).
• Has scored 30+ points 11 times; had five 30-point performances in 80 games played last season.
C – SERGE IBAKA #9
MIN: 26.4 REB: 8.1 AST: 1.3 STL: 0.6 TO: 1.8 BLK: 0.8 PTS: 15.3
• Scored a season and game-high 26 points Jan. 30 at Cleveland; added four rebounds in 33 minutes.
• Averaging 18.2 points, 9.5 rebounds and 31.8 minutes in 15 games as a starter this season.
• Has scored in double figures in five straight games (Jan. 22-30); averaging 18.4 points during this stretch.
G – KYLE LOWRY #7
MIN: 36.9 REB: 4.6 AST: 7.3 STL: 1.3 TO: 2.8 BLK: 0.4 PTS: 19.9
• Totaled 23 points, five assists, five rebounds and a season-high tying four steals Jan. 30 at Cleveland.
• Ranks 10th in the NBA in assists per game (7.3); has dished out 10+ assists seven times.
• Became the franchise’s all-time leader in assists Jan. 28 vs. Atlanta, passing Jose Calderon (3,770).
G – FRED VANVLEET #23
MIN: 36.0 REB: 3.8 AST: 6.9 STL: 2.0 TO: 2.3 BLK: 0.3 PTS: 18.0
• Finished with eight points, seven rebounds and a season-high 12 assists in 37 minutes Jan. 30 at Cleveland.
• Ranks fifth in the NBA in steals per game (1.95); has registered multiple steals in 18 games.
• Averaging 18.1 points, 3.6 rebounds and 6.7 assists in nine games during the month of January.
Marc Gasol (Left hamstring; tightness) – Out
Dewan Hernandez (Right ankle; sprain) – Out
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (Right ankle sprain) – Out
Malcolm Miller (Neck; strain) – Out
TONIGHT’S GAME DETAILS– Opponent: Detroit Pistons Date: Friday, January 31 Tip-Off: 7 p.m. (ET) Venue: Little Caesars Arena Television: Sportsnet Radio: Sportsnet 590 The FAN
SERIES RECAP VS. DETROIT
OVERALL HOME ROAD 2019-20
2-0 1-0 1-0
37-54 19-25 18-29
Won 2 Won 1 Won 1
LAST WIN: December 18, 2019 (112-99)
LAST ROAD WIN: December 18, 2019 (112-99)
LARGEST MARGIN OF VICTORY: +30, December 23, 2009
LARGEST MARGIN OF DEFEAT: -44, January 4, 1997
LAST TIME VS. DETROIT
GAME 27 – DECEMBER 18, 2019 TORONTO 112, DETROIT 99
DETROIT — Kyle Lowry had 20 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists for a triple-double and the Raptors had an 11-0 run in the third quarter on their way to a 112-99 victory over the Pistons … By the time the game ended, Toronto was short a few key players after Marc Gasol and Norman Powell left with injuries … The Raptors were without guard Fred VanVleet because of a right knee injury … Then Gasol left in the first quarter with a left hamstring strain … With 3:17 left in the fourth, Powell departed holding onto his left shoulder … Blake Griffin and Andre Drummond were back from injuries, but Detroit still allowed 70 points in the first half and 40 in the second quarter … Lowry fed Serge Ibaka for a dunk with 37.4 seconds left for the assist he needed for a triple-double … Toronto led 81-76 before its 11-point run in the third … Pascal Siakam and Ibaka had backto-back dunks that made it 90-76, and a layup by Rondae Hollis-Jefferson pushed the lead to 16 … Drummond had 22 points and 18 rebounds for Detroit … There were four technical fouls handed out: Lowry, Siakam and Drummond received theirs in the second quarter, and Griffin got one in the third … Detroit came into the game shooting 38.5% from beyond the arc, but the Pistons went just 6 of 35 this game.
1 2 3 4 TOT
TORONTO 30 40 26 16 112
DETROIT 29 35 15 20 99
TORONTO RAPTORS (34-14) AT DETROIT PISTONS (17-32)
REGULAR SEASON GAME #50 / HOME GAME #26
LITTLE CAESARS ARENA
FRIDAY, JANUARY 31, 2020 AT 7:00 P.M. ET
TV: FSD RADIO: 950 AM
Jordan Bone (G League – Two-Way), Blake Griffin (Left Knee Surgery), Luke Kennard (Bilateral Knee Tendinitis), Louis King (G League – Two-Way), Khyri Thomas (Right Foot Surgery) are OUT…Markieff Morris (Illness) is QUESTIONABLE.
ÿ Derrick Rose has scored at least 20 points in 13-straight games, extending the longest 20-plus point streak of his career. He is just the 8th Piston to ever record such a streak and the first to do so since J. Stackhouse (21-straight in 2000-01).
ÿ Andre Drummond ranks tied for 1st in the NBA with 38 double-doubles in 2019-20.
LAST GAME STARTERS
POS. PLAYERS 2019-20 REGULAR SEASON STATS AND NOTES
F 17 Tony Snell
Ht: 6-7 Wt: 213
Averages: 8.0 Pts 1.8 Rebs 1.4 Asts 0.4 Stls 26.4 Min
LAST GAME: Six points (two 3-pointers), three rebounds, three assists and one block in 25 minutes at BKN (1/29)….First start since 1/22; missed three games due to illness.
THIS SEASON: Ranks T-13th in NBA in 3FG% (.426, 78-183 3FG)…15 double-digit scoring games…25 games with multiple triples, five games with at least four 3-pointers made…Six-straight games with two+ threes (11/2-11/12), four-straight with three+ 3-pointers (11/4-11/11); career-long streaks…Five-straight games with 10+ pts (11/2-11/11); tied career-long streak…Season-high 24 pts (9-9 FG, 6-6 3FG) vs. NYK (11/6)…1st Piston, 9th NBA player ever to make six 3s, shoot 1.000 from the field.
F 45 Sekou Doumbouya
Ht: 6-9 Wt: 230
Averages: 6.7 Pts 3.1 Rebs 0.4 Asts 0.5 Stls 19.2 Min
LAST GAME: One steal in eight minutes at BKN (1/29)…14
th career start.
THIS SEASON: Career-high 24 points (10-13 FG) at BOS (1/15)…Seven games with 10-plus points…Four-straight games scoring in double figures (1/2-1/7) and streak of three straight such games (1/11-1/15)…Became first Pistons rookie since at least 1970-71 (first- year starters were listed) to record double-double in each of first two starts (1/2-1/4)…Saw first NBA action at MIL (11/23).
C 0 Andre Drummond
Ht: 6-11 Wt: 279
Averages: 17.2 Pts 15.6 Rebs 2.8 Asts 2.1 Stls 33.7 Min
LAST GAME: 12 points, 13 rebounds (6 OREB, 7 DREB), four assists, two steals and two blocks in 35 minutes at BKN (1/29)…NBA-leading 18th game with at least two steals and two blocks.
THIS SEASON: Only NBA player to rank in top 10 in both steals per game (2.1 spg, 2nd) and blocks per game (1.8 bpg, 9th)…Leads NBA in REB, OREB and DREB per game…NBA-leading eight games with at least 20 points/20 rebounds and 40 career 20/20 games…38 double-double; ranks tied for first in NBA in total double-doubles…NBA-leading 18 games with at least 15 pts/15 rebs…NBA-leading 11 games with at least 20 rebs…Franchise record 26th game with at least 10 OREB (1/9)…First player in team history with four-straight games with at least 15 pts/20 rebs (10/30-11/4)…Five straight games with 15+ pts/15+ rebs (10/28-11/4); tied career-long streak…Became 2nd Piston to record three-straight 20/20 games (B. Lanier); 3rd NBA player in last 25 seasons.
G 6 Bruce Brown
Ht: 6-5 Wt: 202
Averages: 8.7 Pts 4.2 Rebs 3.9 Asts 1.2 Stls 27.1 Min
LAST GAME: Six points (3-5 FG), three rebounds, two assists and one steal in 18
minutes at BKN (1/29).
THIS SEASON: 15-straight games with at least one steal
(12/20-1/20); marked longest such streak for any Piston in 2019-20…Ranks second on team in steals (54)…Led Pistons in passing in 14 games…17 games with 10+ pts, two games with 20+ pts…Three-straight games with 10+ pts; longest such streak of career (12/14-12/18)…Career highs in pts (22), FG (8), FGA (20), minutes (40) vs. BKN (11/2).
G 25 Derrick Rose
Ht: 6-3 Wt: 200
Averages: 18.9 Pts 2.6 Rebs 6.0 Asts 0.8 Stls 26.7 Min
LAST GAME: 22 points (9-15 FG, 1-2 3FG), six rebounds and team-high-tying five assists in 31 minutes at BKN (1/29)…13th-straight 20-plus scoring game; extends career-long streak and first Piston to record such a streak since J. Stackhouse (21, 2000-01)…Eighth start of season.
THIS SEASON: Ranks T-22nd in NBA with 6.0 apg, T-19th in FT% (.872), 29th in FG% (.498)…Ranks 17th in East in ppg (18.9)…Ranks 4th in NBA among all guards with .498 FG% (min. 400 FGA)…Scored 11,000th career point vs.SAC (1/22)…27 games leading team in passing, has led Pistons in scoring 18 times…Scored at least 20 points a team-high 23 times, 10+ pts in 40 games…Four double-doubles (most recent – 1/22 vs. n scoring 18 times…Scored at least 20 points a team-high 23 times, 10+ pts in 40 games…Four double-doubles (most recent – 1/22 vs. SAC)….14th Piston to ever score 30+ points off bench.
QUICK FACTS: The Pistons are 0-2 against Toronto in 2019-20. Detroit has a 5-11 record against Toronto over the last four seasons. Detroit holds a 54-37 all-time record against the Raptors with a 29-18 home record and a 2519 road record. CONNECTIONS: Detroit head coach Dwane Casey coached the Toronto Raptors from 2011-12. Casey led the Raptors to a franchise record five-straight postseasons and won Coach of the Year in 201718. Casey went 320-238 in seven seasons with Toronto. Pistons guard Reggie Jackson played with Raptors forward Serge Ibaka in Oklahoma City from 2011-15. Raptors forward Stanley Johnson spent three-plus seasons in Detroit (2015-19), posting averages of 7.1 points, 3.5 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 1.0 steals in 267 games (64 starts).
LAST GAME: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 vs. Toronto Raptors Little Caesars Arena (15,319) Detroit Pistons 99, Toronto Raptors 112 1 2 3 4 FINAL RECORD FG% 3FG% FT% REB AST STL BLK TOV Toronto 30 40 26 16 112 (19-8) .429 .371 .875 47 27 9 6 12 Detroit 29 35 15 20 99 (11-17) .448 .171 .682 48 19 7 6 15
Pistons High Scorer: Drummond 22 Raptors High Scorer: Siakam 26 Pistons High Rebounder: Drummond 18 Raptors High Rebounder: Ibaka 13 Pistons High Assists: Rose 5 Raptors High Assists: Lowry 10
Key Moments: Detroit’s biggest lead of the game was three (8-5) and the Raptors’ biggest lead was 18 (77-95)…There were 11 lead changes and nine ties, with Toronto never relinquishing the lead after the 4:23 mark of the second quarter…Toronto scored 70 points in the first half, the most by any Pistons’ opponent so far this season…Detroit cut the lead to nine with 4:02 to play, but a 5-0 run from the visitors put the game out of reach late for the Pistons. Top Performers for Detroit: Andre Drummond (22 points, 18 rebounds, two steals, two blocks in 37 minutes), Derrick Rose (16 points, four rebounds, five assists, one block in 28 minutes), Blake Griffin (15 points, two rebounds, four assists, two blocks in 32 minutes). Top Performers for Toronto: Kyle Lowry (20 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists), Serge Ibaka (25 points, 13 rebounds, two assists, one steal in 31 minutes), Pascal Siakam (26 points, five rebounds, three assists, one steal, four blocks in 35 minutes). Inactive for Detroit: Jordan Bone (G League – Two-Way), Sekou Doumbouya (G League Assignment), Reggie Jackson (Lumbar Spine Stress Reaction), Louis King (G League – Two-Way), Khyri Thomas (Right Foot Surgery). Inactive for Toronto: Oshae Brissett (G League – Two-Way), Dewan Hernandez (G League Assignment), Stanley Johnson (Left Groin Stress Reaction), Shamorie Ponds (G League – Two-Way), Matt Thomas (Left Middle Finger Distal Phalanx Fracture), Fred VanVleet (Right Knee Contusion).
CLEVELAND (WJW) — Toronto Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry claims he was pushed by a fan during Thursday night’s game against the Cleveland Cavaliers. The alleged incident occurred late in the fourth quarter during the game at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. Video shows Lowry land on two fans in the front row of the stands after saving a loose ball. One fan is then shown placing his hand on the player’s back before he returns to the court. It is unclear […]Raptors’ Kyle Lowry claims he was pushed by fan after diving for loose ball during Cavs game — fox8.com
CLEVELAND — No team can easily withstand the loss of its starting centre, but Toronto is more equipped than most to do so. Read MoreRaptors will let Gasol heal up but he has ‘slight’ hamstring issue — Toronto Sun
DALLAS — Leading the NHL in road goals, perhaps the Maple Leafs thought another night out of town would mean sweet dreams of sustaining that scoring at home. Actually, the rare decision to extend their stay here after a win over the Stars on Wednesday night was made in part by the team’s sports science […]Can the Maple Leafs bring road magic home? — Toronto Sun.
CLEVELAND — Make it six for the King of the 6ix. Read MoreLowry an all-star for sixth time and leads Raptors to win in Cleveland — Toronto Sun.