THURSDAY, DECEMBER 26, 2019
Belleville: J. Norris (14) (D. Batherson, V. Abramov), J. Szwarz (11) PP (D. Batherson, M. Lajoie), J. Dougherty (2) SH (J. Szwarz)
Goaltender: J. Daccord (28/30)
Toronto: K. Agostino (16) (J. Bracco), A. Brooks (8) PP (J. Bracco, N. Petan)
Goaltender: J. Woll (24/27)
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Kenny Agostino scored at 7:23 of the first period. Agostino is tied for third overall in the AHL in goals (16). He has scored a goal in each of his last three games and recorded six points (5 goals, 1 assist) in his last six games.
- Adam Brooks scored on the power play at 3:50 of the second period. Brooks has points (2-2-4) in four consecutive games. Brooks has 16 points (8 goals, 8 assists) in 20 games this season.
- Jeremy Bracco registered the lone assist on Agostino’s first period goal and the primary assist on Brooks’ second period power play goal. Bracco is tied for sixth in assists (21) overall.
- Nic Petan recorded the secondary assist on Brooks’ second period power play goal. He has registered nine points (3 goals, 6 assists) in three games against Belleville.
- Joseph Woll stopped 24 of 27 shots he faced. Woll is now 6-5-1-1 on the season with a 0.899 Save Percentage and a 3.07 Goals Against Average. This was Woll’s third straight start against Belleville.
- The Marlies are 14-14-1-0 at Scotiabank Arena and 6-6-1-0 on Boxing Day.
- Toronto was 4-for-5 on the penalty kill and was 1-for-3 on the power play.
- Toronto had a 30-27 edge in shots in all situations. Pontus Aberg and Kenny Agostino led the Marlies with four shots on goal.
- The Marlies are 8-4-2-1 against North Division opponents and are 3-2-0-0 against the Belleville Senators. Toronto has outscored Belleville 21-15.
REGULAR SEASON LEADERS
- Goals: K. Agostino (16)
- Assists: J. Bracco (21)
- Points: P. Aberg, K. Agostino (26)
- PPG: K. Agostino,E. Korshkov (4)
- Shots: P. Aberg (75)
- +/-: B. Harpur (+13)
- PIMS: G. Wilson (58)
- The Marlies are 4-3-0-0 when tied after the first period and 3-6-2-0 when trailing after the second period.
- Toronto is 7-3-1-0 when outshooting their opponent.
- The Marlies are 0-1-0-0 in Thursday games and are 4-5-0-0 in December.
CURRENT POINT STREAKS
- Kenny Agostino has points (2-1-3) in three consecutive games.
- Jeremy Bracco has assists (3) in consecutive games.
- Adam Brooks has points (2-2-4) in four consecutive games.
- Nic Petan has points (3-2-5) in consecutive games.
- Kevin Gravel (illness) did not dress for today’s game against Belleville.
- Egor Korshkov (lower leg laceration) did not dress for today’s game against Belleville. Heleft Toronto’s game against San Antonio on December 8 in the first period and did not return.
- December 23: Returned forward Jeremy Bracco from loan by Toronto Toronto (NHL).
- December 23: Recalled forward Jeremy Bracco on loan from Toronto (NHL).
- December 21: Returned defenceman Sergei Sapego on loan to Newfoundland (ECHL).
- December 21: Returned goaltender Maksim Zhukov on loan to Newfoundland (ECHL).
- December 20: Returned forward Adam Brooks on loan from Toronto (NHL).
- December 20: Returned defenceman Martin Marincin on loan from Toronto (NHL).
- December 19: Recalled forward Adam Brooks on loan from Toronto (NHL).
- December 19: Reassigned defenceman Joseph Duszak by Toronto (NHL) from Newfoundland (ECHL).
- December 19: Signed forward Giovanni Fiore to PTO.
HEAD COACH GREG MOORE
On today’s game:
The first period, I thought we had a tough start. We let some things in behind us. But once the second period got going, I thought we controlled the game, we had things going our way. Their goaltender had a great game, just couldn’t find the back of the net. But in terms of process and not looking at results, I thought the second and third periods were a step in the right direction for the team.
On Joseph Woll’s performance (24/27):
Yeah, he came up huge. He gave us a chance to stay in the game and a change to win. He’s a young goaltender with a bright future and we look forward to giving him more reps and seeing how he grows.
On what the team will work on practice:
Well, not a lot of practice this week. We’ve got two games coming up in the next two days so we’ll teach via video. We’ll get back to some things tomorrow and go from there.
December 27 at Laval – 7:00 p.m. ET
December 28 at Laval – 3:00 p.m. ET
December 31 vs Charlotte – 3:00 p.m. ET
January 3 at Syracuse – 7:00 p.m. ET
January 4 vs Rochester – 4:00 p.m. ET