DALLAS STARS (33-19-5 – 71 Points) vs.
TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (30-20-8 – 68 Points)
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2020
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Auston Matthews put the Maple Leafs on the board with a power play goal at 11:21 of the second period. Matthews’ goal is his 41st of 2019-20, which establishes a new single-season career-high for goals, surpassing his previous high of 40 set in 2016-17. He has seven points (4-3-7) over his last five games played. Thirty of his 41 goals have come on home ice. In two games against the Stars, Matthews has recorded two goals and an assist.
- Zach Hyman scored the second Toronto goal of the night at 18:41 of the third period. Hyman has goals (3) in two consecutive games and points (3-2-5) in four consecutive games. He has registered 17 points (8 goals, 9 assists) in 18 games on home ice this season. Hyman has scored seven of his 17 goals in 10 games against Central Division opponents.
- Tyson Barrie registered the primary assist on Matthews’ second period goal. Barrie has assists (2) in two consecutive games. He has a goal and two assists in two games against the Stars this season. His 24 points (7 goals, 17 assists) in 27 career games against the Stars stand as his second-highest point total against a single opponent.
- William Nylander collected the secondary assist on Matthews’ second period goal. Nylander has four points (1-3-4) in five games during the month of February. In 13 games against Central Division opposition, he has recorded 15 points (9 goals, 6 assists).
- John Tavares registered the primary assist on Hyman’s third period goal. Tavares has assists (2) in two consecutive games and points (5-4-9) in six consecutive games. He has 19 points (8 goals, 11 assists) in 18 career games against Dallas.
- Mitch Marner collected the secondary assist on Hyman’s third period goal. Marner is tied for eighth in the NHL with 44 assists. He has recorded 33 of his 44 assists in 28 games on home ice this season. In two games against Dallas this season, Marner recorded three assists.
- Frederik Andersen stopped 16 of the 19 shots he faced in the loss.
SHOTS ON GOAL (5-on-5 in brackets)
|DALLAS||6 (6)||10 (5)||3 (2)||–||19 (13)|
|TORONTO||3 (3)||14 (7)||12 (8)||–||29 (18)|
SHOT ATTEMPTS (5-on-5 in brackets)
|DALLAS||13 (13)||16 (8)||6 (5)||–||35 (26)|
|TORONTO||18 (18)||28 (14)||23 (17)||–||69 (49)|
NO PLACE LIKE HOME
|Record at Home||15-8-7 (30 Games)|
|All-Time Record vs. Dallas||97-92-28-1 (218 Games)|
|All-Time Record vs. Dallas at Home||55-39-17-0 (111 Games)|
|Record vs. Western Conference||15-8-2 (25 Games)|
|Record vs. Central Division||7-5-1 (13 Games)|
MAPLE LEAFS LEADERS
|Shots||5 (Matthews, Nylander)|
|Shot Attempts||13 (Barrie)|
|Faceoff Wins||10 (Tavares)|
|Faceoff Win Percentage||71% (Spezza – 5 won, 2 lost)|
|Blocked Shots||1 (Four players tied)|
|Power Play TOI||1:27 (Barrie, Marner)|
|Shorthanded TOI||2:59 (Muzzin)|
|5-on-5 Shot Attempt Percentage||100% (Johnsson – 1 for, 0 against)|
|Opponent scores first||10-16-6|
|Trail after 1||3-13-3|
|Trail after 2||3-13-4|
|Score one power play goal||9-8-4|
|Allow one power play goal||13-10-3|
- The Maple Leafs went 3-for-4 on the penalty kill and 1-for-2 on the power play tonight.
- Zach Hyman was 3-for-5 (60%) in the faceoff circle when taking draws in the defensive zone.
- Mitch Marner was on the ice for a team-high 27 Toronto shot attempts-for at 5-on-5 tonight. Marner had a 5-on-5 shot attempt percentage of 77.1 percent (27 for, 8 against).
- John Tavares won 67 percent (8 won, 4 lost) of his offensive zone faceoffs.
- Saturday, February 15, 7:00 p.m. at Ottawa Senators (Sportsnet, TSN 1050)
- Sunday, February 16, 7:00 p.m. at Buffalo Sabres (Sportsnet, FAN 590)
- Tuesday, February 18, 7:00 p.m. at Pittsburgh Penguins (Sportsnet Ontario, FAN 590)
- Thursday, February 20, 7:00 p.m. vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (TSN4, TSN 1050)
- Saturday, February 22, 7:00 p.m. vs. Carolina Hurricanes (Sportsnet, FAN 590)