FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2020
Toronto: J. Duszak (3) PP (M. Read, K. Agostino), K. Agostino (M. Hollowell), E. Korshkov (15) (K. Agostino)
Goaltender: J. Woll (27/33)
Utica: W. Hamilton (4) (K. Lind), R. Boucher (29) (C. Camper, A. Sautner), R. Boucher (30) (C. Camper, S. Baertschi), D. Blujus (4) (R. Boucher, J. Bailey), S. Baertschi (12) (R. Boucher, O. Juolevi), R. Boucher (31) EN (S. Baertschi)
Goaltender: M. DiPietro (26/29)
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Joseph Duszak put the Marlies on the board at 13:34 of the second period. This was his first power play goal of the season. Duszak has 13 points (2 goals, 11 assists)) in his last 11 games.
- Kenny Agostino scored at 12:35 of the third period. Heregistered the secondary assist on Duszk’s second period power play goal and the lone assist on Korshkov’s third period goal. Agostino matched his career season high with his 24th goal. He has recorded three or more points in one game for the third time this season. He has 10 points (3 goals, 7 assists) in his last nine games.
- Egor Korshkov scored at 15:07 of the third period. Korshkov has 23 points (15 goals, 8 assists) in 38 games this season.
- Matt Read recorded the primary assist on Duszak’s second period power play goal. Read has 10 points (7 goals, 3 assists) in his last nine games.
- Mac Hollowell had the lone assist on Agostino’s overtime goal. He has 10 points (3 goals, 7 assists) in 27 games.
- Joseph Woll stopped 27 of 33 shots he faced. Woll is now 10-13-3-2 on the season with a .883 save percentage and a 3.73 goals against average.
- Toronto was 3-for-3 on the penalty kill and 1-for-5 on the power play.
- Utica had a 34-29 edge in shots in all situations. Kenny Agostino led the Marlies with five shots on goal.
- The Marlies are 15-15-3-1 against North Division opponents and 1-3-0-0 against the Utica Comets.
REGULAR SEASON LEADERS
- Goals: K. Agostino (24)
- Assists: J. Bracco (30)
- Points: K. Agostino (43)
- PPG: K. Agostino,N. Petan (6)
- Shots: P. Aberg (131)
- +/-: M. Salomaki (+14)
- PIMS: G. Wilson (71)
- The Marlies are 8-13-1-0 when trailing after the first period and 4-18-2-1 when trailing after the second period.
- Toronto is 18-13-1-2 when outshot by their opponents.
- The Marlies are 6-6-0-0 in Friday games and are 5-7-0-0 in February.
CURRENT POINT STREAKS
- Kenny Agostino has points (1-3-4) in consecutive games.
- Mac Hollowell has assists (2) in consecutive games.
- Adam Brooks (concussion) did not dress for tonight’s game against Utica. He left Toronto’s game against Belleville on February 15 and did not return.
- Kasimir Kaskisuo (hand) did not dress for tonight’s game against Utica.
- Kalle Kossila (migraines) did not dress for tonight’s game against Utica.
- Jesper Lindgren (high ankle sprain)did not dress for today’s game against Cleveland. Heleft Toronto’s game against Cleveland on January 24 in the third period and did not return.
- Nic Petan (shoulder) did not dress for today’s game against Cleveland. He left Toronto’s game against Rochester on February 8 and did not return.
- February 27: Recalled defenceman Sergei Sapego from loan to Newfoundland (ECHL).
- February 26: Recalled defenceman Calle Rosen from loan by Toronto (NHL).
- February 25: Loaned defenceman Miles Gendron to Newfoundland (ECHL).
- February 25: Loaned forward Matt Lorito from Toronto (NHL).
- February 24: Traded forward Nick Baptiste to Belleville (AHL).
- February 24: Recalled goaltender Parker Gahagen from Newfoundland (ECHL).
HEAD COACH GREG MOORE
On tonight’s game:
The game did not go our way the first period. They came to play, they played fast, they played really strong. We weren’t ready for it. That was probably one of the best teams I’ve seen since I got here. We did have compete and battled to try and claw and scratch our way back. A couple of late goals started to give us a chance. Too many turnovers and breakouts, too many turnovers, actually trying to go one-on-one a little too much in the neutral zone. But this is a good benchmark for us to see where we’re at right now to internally look to see what we need to do to move forward.
February 29 at Binghamton – 4:05 p.m. ET
March 2 at Texas – 7:00 p.m. CT
March 4 at Belleville – 7:00 p.m. ET
March 6 vs Syracuse – 7:00 p.m. ET
March 7 vs Syracuse – 7:00 p.m. ET