FINAL SCORE: TORONTO RAPTORS 109, BROOKLYN NETS 108
DATE: TUESDAY, MARCH 1, 2022
|FINAL SCORE||RECORD||HIGH POINTS||HIGH REBOUNDS||HIGH ASSISTS|
|Brooklyn||108||32-31||Johnson – 19||Aldridge – 9||Curry – 6|
|Toronto||109||34-27||Trent Jr. – 24||Barnes – 10||Flynn – 8|
Trailing by six points at the 5:25 mark in the fourth quarter, the Raptors went on a 13-2 run to take a five-point lead, their largest of the second half (103-98) with 1:50 remaining in the frame … Toronto led for the rest of the game.
Toronto overcame an eight-point deficit (89-81) in the final frame, marking the Raptors’ largest fourth quarter comeback this season … Gary Trent Jr. led all scorers with 12 points in the fourth quarter and went a perfect 8-for-8 from the free-throw line.
- With the win, Toronto improves to 34-27 this season and 17-13 at home … The Raptors are now 9-4 on the second half of a back-to-back set … Toronto will continue a three-game homestand (Mar. 1-4) Thursday night against Detroit.
- Gary Trent Jr. scored a team-high 24 points and matched a career best with seven assists … Trent Jr. has scored 20+ points in 21 of 52 games this season, something he did 15 times in 58 contests last year … He has also dished out 5+ assists in consecutive games (Feb. 28 – Mar. 1) for the first time in his career.
- Scottie Barnes recorded 18 points (8-13 FG, 2-2 FT), a team-high 10 rebounds and four assists in 41 minutes … Barnes has now tallied seven double-doubles this season – the most by a Raptors rookie since Jonas Valanciunas (8) during the 2012-13 season … In four games since the All-star break, Barnes is averaging 20.0 points, 8.8 rebounds and shooting .720 (36-50) from the field.
- Malachi Flynn made his second consecutive start (Feb. 28 – Mar. 1) and tallied 15 points, eight assists, and six rebounds in a season-high 43 minutes … Tonight marks the first time this season, and fifth in Flynn’s career, that he has recorded 15+ points, 5+ rebounds and 5+ assists.
- With the loss, Brooklyn falls to 32-31, including 19-14 on the road … The Nets drop to 2-9 on the second half of a back-to-back … Brooklyn will return home to play the Miami Heat Thursday night.
- Seth Curry recorded 18 points and a team-high six assists in 37 minutes … Curry is averaging 17.9 points, 4.0 assists and shooting .490 (47-96) from the field in seven games since being traded to Brooklyn.
- James Johnson tallied a season-high 19 points (7-11 FG, 3-5 3PT, 2-3 FT) and added three assists and two rebounds in 31 minutes … Johnson has scored in double-figures 10 times this season, most recently Feb. 16 at New York.
- Brooklyn’s reserves outscored Toronto’s 38-to-23, led by Cam Thomas (11) and Goran Dragic (10).
|2021-22 SEASON-SERIES||ALL-TIME RECORDS|
|DATE||SITE||RESULT||RAPTORS WINS||NETS WINS|
|12/14/2021||Brooklyn||L 131-129 (OT)||at Toronto:||35||17|
|02/28/2022||Brooklyn||W 133-97||at Brooklyn:||25||27|