Toronto Maple Leafs: Media Notes
2021-22 Matchups vs. Nashville: Second of Two
2021-22 Record vs. Nashville: 1-0-0
Toronto Season Record: 39-17-5
Toronto Road Record: 17-10-3
TV: Sportsnet RADIO: Sportsnet 590
March 10, 2022
Goaltender Erik Källgren has been recalled from the Toronto Marlies
(AHL) on an emergency basis.
March 8, 2022
Defenceman Mac Hollowell has been loaned to the Toronto Marlies
March 4, 2022
Defenceman Mac Hollowell has been recalled from the Toronto Marlies
Score: Toronto 3 vs. Carolina 2
Date: Thursday, March 17, 2022
TOR Goals: Mikheyev, Marner, Kaše
CAR Goals: Bear, Trocheck
TOR Goaltender: Källgren, 34/36, .944 SV%
CAR Goaltender: Andersen, 18/21, .857 SV%
TOR Power Play: 0-for-1
TOR Penalty Kill: 3-for-3
- With his assist on Ondej Kaše’s third period goal, Alexander Kerfoot
recorded an NHL career-high with his 44th point of the season.
- Ilya Lyubushkin tied a single-game season-high seven hits during
- NEXT GAME
Date: Wednesday, March 23, 2022
Opponent: vs. New Jersey Devils
Time: 7:00 pm ET
Broadcast Information: Sportsnet (TV), TSN 1050 (Radio)
- INJURY REPORT
Jack Campbell Rib Injury
Jake Muzzin Concussion
ALL-TIME VS. NASHVILLE PREDATORS:
First Matchup between Clubs: October 19, 1998 (Toronto 2 vs. Nashville 2 – OTT)
All-Time Record: 13-12-1-1 (27 Games)
All-Time Record at Home: 7-8-1-0 (16 Games)
All-Time Record on the Road: 6-4-0-1 (11 Games)
Last Road Win vs. Opponent: January 27, 2020 (Toronto 5 at Nashville 2)
Record in Last Five Games: 3-2-0
Record in Last 10 Games: 7-3-0
- ACTIVE LEADERS VS. NASHVILLE PREDATORS:
Games Played: Jason Spezza (33), Wayne Simmonds (29), Kyle Clifford (29)
Goals: Jason Spezza (16), Wayne Simmonds (10), John Tavares (10)
Assists: Jason Spezza (15), TJ Brodie (8), Morgan Rielly (8)
Points: Jason Spezza (31), Wayne Simmonds (16), John Tavares (15)
Penalty Minutes Kyle Clifford (36), Wayne Simmonds (27), Jason Spezza (12)
- 2021-22 AVERAGES AND RANKINGS
Points % GF/Game GA/Game PP% PK% SF/G SA/G FO%
Toronto .680 3.67 2.98 29.4% 84.8% 34.5 30.9 55.8%
Nashville .607 3.21 2.79 23.8% 80.1% 29.3 31.5 51.0%
- THE MAN ADVANTAGE IN 2021-22
Power Play: 47/160 (29.4%)
Power Play Goal Leader: 13 – Matthews
Power Play Point Leader: 23 – Matthews (13G, 10A)
2020-21 Power Play: 31/155 (20.0%)
- ON THE PK IN 2021-22
Penalty Kill: 145/171 (84.8%)
Shorthanded Goal Leader: 2 – Kämpf, Marner, Mikheyev
Shorthanded Point Leader: 4 – Kämpf (2G, 2A)
2020-21 Penalty Kill: 113/144 (78.5%)
Saturday games 18th of 23 (9 home, 14 road)
Back-to-Backs played 9 of 13
Record in first game of back-to-back 5-3-1
Record in second game of back-to-back 4-4-1
March games 9th of 14 (9 home, 5 road)
David Kämpf Four games away from 300 career NHL games played
Ilya Lyubushkin Eight games away from 200 career NHL games played
Mitch Marner Four assists away from 300 career NHL assists
Auston Matthews 10 games away from 400 career NHL games played
Petr Mrázek Eight games away from 300 career NHL games played
William Nylander Six assists away from 200 career NHL assists
Jason Spezza 10 points away from 1,000 career NHL points
John Tavares Seven assists away from 500 career NHL assists
TJ Brodie Recorded his 300th career NHL point, March 13, 2022 at BUF
Ondrej Kaše Scored his 50th career NHL goal, Dec. 9, 2021 vs. TBL
Alexander Kerfoot Appeared in his 300th career NHL game, Nov. 26, 2021 at SJS
Alexander Kerfoot Recorded his 100th career NHL assist, Jan. 1, 2022 vs. OTT
Timothy Liljegren Scored his first career NHL goal, Jan. 15, 2022 at STL
Auston Matthews Recorded his 400th career NHL point, Jan. 31, 2022 vs. NJD
Mitch Marner Skated in his 400th career NHL game, March 4, 2022 vs. BUF
Mitch Marner Recorded his 400th career NHL point, Feb. 14, 2022 at SEA
Ilya Mikheyev Skated in his 100th career NHL game, Jan. 15, 2022 at STL
William Nylander Skated in his 400th career NHL game, Feb. 1, 2022 at NJD
William Nylander Recorded his 300th career NHL point, Jan. 19, 2022 at NYR
Wayne Simmonds Skated in his 1,000th career NHL game, March 5, 2022 vs. VAN
Jason Spezza Skated in his 1,200th career NHL game, Nov. 28, 2021 at ANA
John Tavares Skated in his 900th career NHL game, Jan. 1, 2022 vs. OTT
ALL-TIME vs. TORONTO
- The Predators are 13-11-(1)-2 all-time against the Maple Leafs, including a 5-5-(0)-1 record at Bridgestone Arena.
- This is the second and final meeting between Nashville and Toronto this season; it’s the first and only at Bridgestone Arena.
- Toronto prevailed in their first matchup this season, 3-0, on Nov. 16 at Scotiabank Arena.
- The Predators are 2-3-0 in their last five games vs. the Maple Leafs; they are 3-5-2 in their last 10; and 1-3-1 in their last five at home.
- Overall, the Predators have earned at least a point in eight of their last 13 games (6-5-2) against the Maple Leafs.
- In 2018-19, the Predators shut out the Maple Leafs in both of their two meetings. Nashville became the second team in NHL history to sweep a season
series with the Maple Leafs (minimum two games) with shutout wins in each game (also: Philadelphia in 1992-93).
- On Nov. 18, 2014, 15 Preds skaters reached the scoresheet, led by Taylor Beck’s two goals and an assist, as Nashville tied a franchise record for
goals in a game, topping Toronto 9-2 at Scotiabank Arena.
NOTABLES vs. TORONTO
- Ryan Johansen has averaged close to a point per game vs. Toronto in his career, tallying 14 points (6g-8a) in 17 games.
- Haliburton, Ont., native Matt Duchene owns 12 points (4g-8a) in 18 career meetings with the Maple Leafs. He has points in three of his last four games
against Toronto (1g-2a).
- Philippe Myers has four points (1g-3a) in six career games against Toronto. He posted a career-high three points (3a) on Dec. 3, 2019 vs. the Maple
- Matt Benning made his NHL debut on Nov. 1, 2016 at Toronto.
- David Rittich appeared in four games for Toronto at the end of the 2020-21 season, going 1-1-1 with a 2.72 goals-against average.
- Toronto forward Wayne Simmonds posted three points (1g-2a) in 17 games for the Predators in the 2018-19 season.
LAST TIME OUT
Nashville Predators 4, Philadelphia Flyers 5 – March 17 at Wells Fargo Center
NSH goals: Jeannot (20), Myers (1), Johansen – PP (16), Forsberg (32)
PHI goals: Sanheim (5), York – PP (2), van Riemsdyk (14), Hayes (5), Farabee – GWG (12)
Goaltenders: NSH – Saros (L, 28/33); PHI – Hart (W, 30/34)
Power plays: NSH 1-4; PHI 1-4
Notes: Nashville moved to 17-11-4 on the road this season… The Predators are 0-1-0 against the Flyers in 2021-22… Nine different Predators skaters
recorded a point, led by Roman Josi’s three (3a)… Josi led all skaters with six shots and was +2 in 25:13 of ice time… Philippe Myers scored his first
goal as a member of the Predators… Tanner Jeannot scored to give him goals in two consecutive games (2g); he also had a team-high eight hits…
Ryan Johansen tallied his sixth power-play goal of the season… Matt Duchene recorded an assist to extend his point streak to a season-high eight
games (8g-7a)… Mikael Granlund had an assist and was 14-for-21 in faceoffs.
- Nashville hit the 70-point mark in its 57th game of the season. The last time the Predators reached 70 points in 57 games or fewer was 2018-19 (57
games) en route to their second consecutive Central Division title.
- As of games played through March 17, the Predators have six skaters who have scored at least 14 goals, tied for the fifth-most among NHL teams.
- Nashville is one of three teams in the NHL (Calgary, Edmonton) to have two players with 30 goals this season.
- Matt Duchene is 11th in the NHL in goals with 31. He recorded his eighth multi-goal game of 2021-22 on March 12 vs. St. Louis (2g), the most such
performances in a season in franchise history. Duchene is on an eight-game point streak in which he’s posted eight goals and 15 points; he is also on a
franchise-record 10-game road point streak (6g-8a).
- Duchene is the eighth different player in Predators history to record a 30-goal season. He is one goal from establishing a career high and is four goals
from breaking the single-season franchise goals record, set by Viktor Arvidsson in 2018-19 (34).
- Roman Josi leads NHL defensemen and is fifth among all NHL skaters in power-play points with 28 (8g-20a). He leads all NHL defensemen in power-play goals with eight (also tied for the 23rd-most among all NHL skaters).
- Filip Forsberg’s 26 goals since Nov. 30 are tied for the second-most among NHL players in that time frame. Forsberg missed four games from Jan. 8-
15 (COVID-19 protocol list).
- Ryan Johansen posted a four-game point streak (1g-4a) from Feb. 26-March 8, his second-longest of the season. He also has nine points (3g-6a) in
his last nine games.
- Colton Sissons has a career-high 19 assists this season, including three in his last two games.
Nashville Predators: Media Notes
- Roman Josi leads NHL defensemen and the Predators in points this season with 72 (17g-55a).
- He’s established career highs in goals (17), assists (55) and points (72). His 17 goals are tied for the second-most among NHL blueliners.
- His 55 assists are the most in a season in Predators history; his 72 points are the most by a defenseman and tied for the third-most among all skaters
in a season in team history.
- He reached the 70-point mark in his 59th game of the season. Only six defensemen in NHL history have reached the 70-point mark in fewer games:
Paul Coffey (7x; last: 54 GP in 1990-91), Bobby Orr (6x; last: 37 GP in 1974-75), Denis Potvin (3x; last: 51 GP in 1978-79), Brian Leetch (57 GP in 1991-
92), Phil Housley (57 GP in 1991-92) and Al MacInnis (57 GP in 1990-91).
- Thursday at Philadelphia (3a) was his third consecutive game with at least three points (2g-8a in 3 GP). Over the past 30 years, only two other
defensemen have accomplished the feat: Erik Karlsson (4g-6a in 3 GP) in 2011-12 and Ray Bourque (9a in 3 GP) in 1993-94.
- Josi is currently on a season-best eight-game point streak (3g-16a).
- He’s posted 10 points (2g-8a) in his last three games, tying Steve Sullivan (5g-5a in 2003-04) and Scott Walker (2g-8a in 2003-04) for the most points
in a three-game span in franchise history.
- He’s tallied four four-point games this season, the first defenseman to do so since Kevin Hatcher in 1992-93; no other NHL blueliner has more than one
- He’s posted nine games with at least three points, the most among NHL defensemen; he’s recorded 19 multi-point games, tied for the most among
- He recorded his 500th career NHL point on March 2 at Seattle. He reached the 500-point mark in 732 games; among active defensemen, only Erik
Karlsson (613 GP) achieved the milestone in fewer contests. Only four defensemen over the past 25 years have recorded 500 career points in fewer
games than Josi (732 GP): Erik Karlsson (613 GP, achieved in 2017-18), Sergei Zubov (680 GP, achieved in 2001-02), Nicklas Lidstrom (701 GP,
achieved in 2000-01) and Sandis Ozolinsh (728 GP, achieved in 2002-03).
- Filip Forsberg scored his 210th career NHL goal on Thursday at Philadelphia, tying David Legwand for the most in franchise history.
- Forsberg is tied for ninth in the NHL in goals (32) and third in even-strength goals (27).
- Forsberg scored twice on Sunday at Minnesota to record his third career 30-goal season, the most in Predators history. He required the fewest
individual games (46) in franchise history to reach the 30-goal mark in a season, topping the previous best set by Viktor Arvidsson (49 GP) in 2018-19.
- He is two goals from a career high and three goals from breaking Arvidsson’s record for most goals in a season in Predators history (34, set in 2018-
- He’s scored 21 goals in his last 27 games dating back to Dec. 16; he has five goals in his last five games.
- Among NHL skaters who have played in at least 30 games this season, he is first in goals per 60 minutes at 5-on-5 (2.03) and second in goals per
- Forsberg scored a career-high four goals on Nov. 30 vs. Columbus; he also tied the franchise record for goals in a game, joining Rocco Grimaldi
(March 25, 2021 vs. Detroit) and Eric Nystrom (Jan. 24, 2014 at Calgary).
- Predators rookies have scored 32 goals, the most in the NHL this season. Nashville rookies have compiled 87 points and account for 16.1 percent of
the team’s points, the second- and third-most, respectively, in the NHL in 2021-22.
- Tanner Jeannot has 35 points (20g-15a) this season, the sixth-most among all NHL rookies. His 20 goals are tied for the most among NHL rookies and
are the second-most by a rookie in Predators history, trailing only Filip Forsberg, who scored 26 in 2014-15. Jeannot is just the second rookie in
Predators history to hit the 20-goal mark.
- Jeannot is also fourth among all NHL skaters in hits (213). He passed Shea Weber (211 in 2010-11) for the most hits in a season in team history.
- Alexandre Carrier is third among NHL rookie defensemen in assists (20). His 20 assists are the most in a season by a rookie blueliner in team history;
he is five points from passing Dan Hamhuis (26 in 2003-04) for the most by a rookie defenseman in Predators history.
- Philip Tomasino is tied for fourth among NHL rookies in power-play goals (3). He posted a career-long four-game point streak (2g-4a) from Feb. 24-
March 5 and has eight points (3g-5a) in his last 10 contests.
Roman Josi set a franchise record for assists in a season (55) on March 17 at Philadelphia.
- Player Injury Games Missed Dates Missed
Mark Borowiecki Lower body (day-to-day) 7 March 5-17
Matt Benning Upper body (day-to-day) 2 March 15-17
- Filip Forsberg is one goal (210) from passing David Legwand (210) for the most in franchise history.
- March 19: Recalled defensemen Jeremy Davies and Matt Tennyson from Milwaukee (AHL). Placed defensemen Matt Benning and Mark Borowiecki on
- March 9: Signed forward Navrin Mutter to a three-year, entry-level contract