LOS ANGELES KINGS (5-9-0 – 10 Points) vs. TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (7-5-3 – 17 Points)
NOVEMBER 5, 2019 ▪ 7:30 PM EST SCOTIABANK ARENA (TORONTO, ON) ▪ TV: TSN4 ▪ RADIO: TSN 1050
MAPLE LEAFS HISTORY versus LOS ANGELES
ALL-TIME RECORD: 64-64-21-2 (151 Games) ALL-TIME AT HOME: 39-26-11-1 (77 Games) 2018-19: 2-0-0 LAST FIVE: 3-1-1 LAST 10: 5-4-1
MAPLE LEAFS CAREER LEADERS versus LOS ANGELES
GAMES PLAYED: Jason Spezza (24), Tyson Barrie (20), John Tavares (17)
GOALS: John Tavares (4), Tyson Barrie (4), Jason Spezza (4)
ASSISTS: John Tavares (12), Tyson Barrie (10), Jason Spezza (9)
POINTS: John Tavares (16), Tyson Barrie (14), Jason Spezza (13)
PENALTY MINUTES: Jason Spezza (12), Tyson Barrie (10), Mitch Marner (8)
MAPLE LEAFS – KINGS TEAM STATS
TORONTO ,LOS ANGELES GOALS FOR (Rank): 52 (t-3rd) 38 (22nd)
GOALS AGAINST (Rank): 51 (28th) 57 (30th)
SHOTS (Rank): 482 (10th) 520 (t-1st)
5-on-5 SHOT ATTEMPTS FOR (Rank): 638 (2nd) 632 (t-4th)
5-on-5 SHOT ATTEMPT % (Rank): 51.9% (10th) 53.8% (3rd)
FACEOFF % (Rank): 52.7% (t-3rd) 50.5% (13th)
MAPLE LEAFS – KINGS NOTES
FIRST MATCHUP BETWEEN CLUBS: Oct. 25, 1967 vs. LAK (Toronto 4, Los Angeles 2)
ALL-TIME RECORD: 64-64-21-2 (151 Games) ALL-TIME RECORD AT HOME: 39-26-11-1 (77 Games) ALL-TIME RECORD ON THE ROAD: 25-38-10-1 (74 Games) LAST WIN VS. OPPONENT AT HOME: October 15, 2018 (Toronto 4, Los Angeles 1)
MAPLE LEAFS MILESTONES vs. KINGS
Alex Kerfoot 100th career NHL game (Nov. 21, 2018 (COL) at LAK) Jake Muzzin Made his NHL debut with LAK (Oct. 9, 2010 at VAN) With LAK: 496 GP, 51 G – 162 A – 213 P Nick Shore Made his NHL debut with LAK (Jan. 17, 2015 vs. ANA) With LAK: 221 GP, 14 G – 35 A – 49 P
MAPLE LEAFS LEADERS
GOALS 11 (Matthews)
ASSISTS 13 (Marner)
POINTS 17 (Marner)
POWER PLAY POINTS 7 (Marner)
SHORTHANDED POINTS 2 (Kapanen) PIMs 14 (Kerfoot, Rielly)
SHOTS 58 (Matthews)
FACEOFF WIN% 60.8% (Shore) 5-on-5
SHOT ATTEMPT % 56.4% (Nylander)
BLOCKED SHOTS 31 (Ceci)
TAKEAWAYS 17 (Marner)
HITS 32 (Moore, Timashov)
TOI PER GAME 25:42 (Rielly)
PP TOI PER GAME 3:20 (Matthews, Rielly) SH
TOI PER GAME 3:44 (Ceci)
MAPLE LEAFS NOTABLES
- Frederik Andersen has made 11 career appearances against Los Angeles and has posted a 7-1-2 record with a 2.32 goals-against average and a .927 save percentage. He is 37-15-7 with a 2.43 goalsagainst average and a .926 save percentage in 60 career games during the month of November.
- Tyson Barrie is tied for 12th among NHL defencemen in shots on goal (37). He has been on the ice for 260 Toronto shot attempts for, which is tied for the third-most on-ice shot attempts for among NHL skaters.
- – Cody Ceci is tied for 11th among NHL skaters in blocked shots (31). He ranks eighth among NHL skaters in shorthanded ice time per game (3:44).
- – Frederik Gauthier has won 55.4 percent (51 won, 41 lost) of his defensive zone faceoffs this season.
- – Andreas Johnsson has eight points (3-5-8) in nine games on home ice this season. He has been on the ice for 21 Toronto goals, which is tied for fourth among NHL left wingers in on-ice goals-for.
- – Kasperi Kapanen has a pair of goals in three career games against the Kings. He is one of three Maple Leafs (Mitch Marner, Ilya Mikheyev) to register multiple shots on goal while shorthanded this season.
- – Alex Kerfoot has five points (2-3-5) in six career games against the Los Angeles Kings. His 23 points (8 goals, 15 assists) in 27 career games during the month of November is his highest point total in a single month.
- – Mitch Marner is tied for 11th among NHLers in points (4-13-17) and tied for eighth among NHL skaters in assists (13). He is tied for sixth among all NHL skaters in primary assists. He has 112 primary assists since entering the League in 2016-17, which is the sixth-most in the NHL during that span.
- – Auston Matthews is tied for third in the NHL in goals (11) and is tied for fourth in the NHL in even-strength goals (8). He ranks sixth in the NHL in shots on goal (60) and is tied for the NHL lead in wrist shots (43). His eight goals via the wrist shot are the second-most wrist shot goals in the League.
- – Ilya Mikheyev ranks second among all NHL skaters in shots on goal while shorthanded (7). He is the only rookie forward in the NHL to have recorded multiple shorthanded takeaways.
- – Trevor Moore is the only NHL rookie to average at least 1:00 per game in power play ice time (1:29) and 1:00 per game in shorthanded ice time (2:00).
- – Jake Muzzin ranks second among Maple Leafs skaters in shifts per game (28.6). He is the only Maple Leafs defenceman to registered at least 25 hits (26) and 25 shots on goal (26). He is tied for 12th among NHL defencemen in goals (3).
- – William Nylander is the lone Maple Leaf and one of 24 NHLers to have recorded over 35 shots on goal (36) while having five or fewer giveaways (5). He ranks third among Maple Leafs in faceoff win percentage (55.9% – 52 won, 41 lost).
- – Morgan Rielly is tied for fourth among NHL defencemen in points (3-12-15). His 25:42 TOI per game average is the fourth-highest mark in the NHL, while his shifts per game average (30.1) ranks second in the NHL. He is one of two NHL defencemen (Thomas Chabot) to have played over 30:00 in a game on two occasions this season.
- – Nick Shore has the third highest even-strength faceoff win percentage (64.3% – 45 won, 25 lost) among NHL skaters who have taken at least 75 faceoffs (97). His 84 defensive zone starts are the third-most among NHL forwards.
CURRENT POINT STREAKS
Mitch Marner Has points (1-4-5) in four consecutive games.
Morgan Rielly Has assists (3) in three consecutive games and points (1-3-4) in four consecutive games.
Tyson Barrie One game from 500 NHL games played.
Michael Hutchinson Four wins from 50 career NHL wins.