TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (9-5-4 – 22 Points) vs.
CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS (5-7-4 – 14 Points)
NOVEMBER 10, 2019 ▪ 7:00 PM EST
UNITED CENTER (CHICAGO, IL) ▪
TV: SPORTSNET ▪ RADIO: SPORTSNET 590 THE FAN
MAPLE LEAFS HISTORY versus CHICAGO
|ALL-TIME RECORD:||289-263-96-3 (651 Games)|
|ALL-TIME ON THE ROAD:||122-162-42-1 (327 Games)|
MAPLE LEAFS CAREER LEADERS versus CHICAGO
|GAMES PLAYED:||Tyson Barrie (29), Jason Spezza (24), Jake Muzzin (19)|
|GOALS:||John Tavares (7), Tyson Barrie (7), Auston Matthews (5)|
|ASSISTS:||Tyson Barrie (19), Jason Spezza (14), John Tavares (7)|
|POINTS:||Tyson Barrie (26), Jason Spezza (18), John Tavares (14)|
|PENALTY MINUTES:||John Tavares (18), Tyson Barrie (12), Martin Marincin (8)|
MAPLE LEAFS – BLACKHAWKS TEAM STATS
|GOALS FOR (Rank):||59 (5th)||40 (t-28th)|
|GOALS AGAINST (Rank):||55 (t-22nd)||47 (t-10th)|
|POWER PLAY [%] (Rank):||10/61 [16.4%] (t-21st)||7/50 [14.0%] (25th)|
|PENALTY KILL [%] (Rank):||50/65 [76.9%] (24th)||43/53 [81.1%] (t-17th)|
|SHOTS (Rank):||582 (5th)||484 (26th)|
|5-on-5 SHOT ATTEMPTS FOR (Rank):||757 (2nd)||579 (27th)|
|5-on-5 SHOT ATTEMPT % (Rank):||51.7% (8th)||45.9% (29th)|
|FACEOFF % (Rank):||53.1% (3rd)||48.3% (25th)|
MAPLE LEAFS – BLACKHAWKS NOTES
|FIRST MATCHUP BETWEEN CLUBS:||Nov. 17, 1926 at Chicago (Blackhawks 4, Maple Leafs 1)|
|ALL-TIME RECORD:||289-263-96-3 (651 Games)|
|ALL-TIME RECORD AT HOME:||167-101-54-2 (324 Games)|
|ALL-TIME RECORD ON THE ROAD:||122-162-42-1 (327 Games)|
|LAST WIN VS. OPPONENT ON THE ROAD:||October 7, 2018 (Toronto 7, Chicago 6 OT)|
MAPLE LEAFS MILESTONES vs. BLACKHAWKS
|Tyson Barrie||First career NHL game (Feb. 7, 2012 (COL) vs. CHI)|
200th career NHL point (Oct. 28, 2017 (COL) vs. CHI)
|Justin Holl||Selected by Chicago in the second round (54th overall) of the 2010 NHL Draft.|
|Michael Hutchinson||First career NHL shutout (Nov. 2, 2014 (WPG) at CHI)|
|Auston Matthews||200th career NHL game (Mar. 13, 2019 vs. CHI)|
|Jake Muzzin||400th career NHL game (Dec. 3, 2017 (LAK) at CHI)|
|William Nylander||100th career NHL game (Mar. 13, 2019 vs. CHI)|
|Morgan Rielly||300th career NHL game (Mar. 18, 2017 vs. CHI)|
MAPLE LEAFS LEADERS
|POWER PLAY POINTS||7 (Marner)|
|SHORTHANDED POINTS||2 (Kapanen)|
|FACEOFF WIN%||58.4% (Shore)|
|5-on-5 SHOT ATTEMPT %||56.2% (Nylander)|
|BLOCKED SHOTS||36 (Ceci)|
|TOI PER GAME||25:33 (Rielly)|
|PP TOI PER GAME||3:30 (Matthews)|
|SH TOI PER GAME||3:48 (Ceci)|
MAPLE LEAFS NOTABLES
– Frederik Andersen is 3-0-0 with a 1.95 goals-against average and a .938 save percentage on the road this season. He ranks sixth among NHL goaltenders in saves made (401). His .925 save percentage at even-strength is tied for third highest among goaltenders who have faced at least 300 shots at even-strength.
– Tyson Barrie has 26 points (7 goals, 19 assists) in 29 career games against the Blackhawks, which his highest point total against a single opponent.
– Cody Ceci has a pair of assists in two games against Central Division opponents. He ranks fifth among NHLers in shorthanded time on ice (68:20).
– Michael Hutchinson is 4-1-1 in six career games against the Blackhawks with a 1.33 goals-against average and a .961 save percentage.
– Andreas Johnsson has been on the ice for 25 Maple Leafs goals-for, which places him in a tie for fourth among NHL left wingers in on-ice goals-for.
– Kasperi Kapanen played 30 shifts in a game for the second time in his career on November 9 vs. Philadelphia, while establishing a new career-high for time on ice (21:00).
– Alex Kerfoot had five points (1-4-5) in five games against the Blackhawks last season and has nine points (3-6-9) in nine career games against Chicago.
– Auston Matthews is tied for third in the NHL in goals (13) and is tied for second in the NHL in even-strength goals (9). He has 10 points (5 goals, 5 assists) in six career games against the Blackhawks, which is tied for the second-most points scored by an Eastern Conference skater against Chicago since 2016-17.
– Ilya Mikheyev leads all NHL skaters in shots on goal while shorthanded (10). He leads NHL rookies in shorthanded ice time (44:43).
– Trevor Moore is the only NHL rookie to average at least 1:00 per game in power play ice time (1:27) and 1:00 per game in shorthanded ice time (2:03).
– Jake Muzzin is tied for 19th among NHL skaters in shifts per game (28.4). He is the only Maple Leafs defenceman and one of five NHL defencemen to have registered at least 35 hits (35) and 35 shots on goal (35).
– William Nylander has six points (3 goals, 3 assists) in five career games against Chicago. He ranks fourth among Maple Leafs in faceoff win percentage (55.5% – 65 won, 52 lost). He has a pair of multi-point performances over his last three games.
– Morgan Rielly is tied for fourth among NHL defencemen in points (3-13-16). He is tied for fifth among NHL defencemen in even-strength points (3-8-11). His 25:33 TOI per game average is the fourth-highest mark in the NHL, while he ranks fourth in shifts per game (29.6).
– John Tavares has won 60.1 percent (28 won, 18 lost) of his faceoffs when the Maple Leafs are on the power play and 52.9 percent (73 won, 65 lost) of his faceoffs at even-strength. He had four goals in two games against Chicago in 2018-19.
CURRENT POINT STREAKS
|Auston Matthews||Has points (2-3-5) in three consecutive games.|
|Michael Hutchinson||Four wins from 50 career NHL wins.|
|John Tavares||Five assists from 400 career NHL assists.|
|Tyson Barrie||500th career NHL game (Nov. 5 vs. LAK)|
|Andreas Johnsson||100th career NHL game (Nov. 9 vs. PHI)|
|Auston Matthews||100th career NHL assist (Nov. 5 vs. LAK)|
|Zach Hyman (Knee)||On injured reserve.|
|Mitch Marner (Ankle)||Left Toronto’s game on Nov. 9 vs. PHI and did not return.|
|Man Games Lost: 38|
|November 8||Loaned forward Nic Petan to the Toronto Marlies (AHL)|
|November 5||Recalled forward Nic Petan from the Toronto Marlies (AHL).|