MATTHEWS SCORES NO. 200
| EVENT SUMMARY
| FACEOFF SUMMARY
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Auston Matthews scored at 3:25 of the first period for the Maple Leafs. Matthews marked his first goal of the season and 200th of his NHL career.
- Michael Bunting recorded the primary assist on Matthews’ goal. Bunting registered his second assist
of the season.
SHOTS ON GOAL (5-on-5 in brackets)
1st 2nd 3rd TOTAL
CAROLINA 15 (12) 6 (6) 15 (14) 36 (32)
TORONTO 8 (8) 8 (6) 9 (9) 25 (23)
SHOT ATTEMPTS (5-on-5 in brackets)
1st 2nd 3rd TOTAL
CAROLINA 24 (19) 12 (12) 21 (19) 57 (50)
TORONTO 13 (13) 22 (19) 20 (16) 55 (48)
ON THE ROAD AGAIN
- The Maple Leafs are 0-3-0 on the road this season.
- Toronto’s all-time record is 47-60-11-7 in 125 games against the Carolina Hurricanes and 23-28-6-5
in 62 games played in Carolina.
- Toronto is 2-3-1 against the Eastern Conference this season and 0-2-1 against the Metropolitan
Division this season.
MAPLE LEAFS LEADERS
Shots 5 (Ritchie)
Shot Attempts 6 (Ritchie, Nylander)
Faceoff Wins 10 (Spezza)
Faceoff Win Percentage 53% (Spezza – 10 won, 9 lost and Tavares – 8
won, 7 lost)
Hits 3 (Engvall)
Blocked Shots 4 (Holl)
Takeaways 3 (Spezza)
TOI 23:12 (Rielly)
Power Play TOI 2:24 (Tavares)
Shorthanded TOI 3:21 (Muzzin)
Shifts 28 (Rielly, Holl, Muzzin)
5-on-5 Shot Attempt Percentage 61.54% (Dermott – 16 for, 10 against)
- The Maple Leafs were 0-for-3 on the power play and 3-for-3 on the penalty kill tonight.
- Toronto is 1-1-0 when the club scores the first goal of the game.
- The Maple Leafs are 1-1-0 when leading after one period and 0-4-0 when trailing after two periods.
- Toronto is 1-2-0 when outshot by their opponent.
- The Maple Leafs are 0-1-1 in Monday games.
- Matthews’ goal was his 200th career goal in his 338th regular season game. Per NHL Stats, Matthews required the second-fewest games to reach 200 goals in Maple Leafs history among players who debuted with the team, trailing only Charlie Conacher (317 games). Matthews reached the 200-goal mark with the second-fewest games among all active NHLers, behind only Alexander
Ovechkin (296 games). Just 18 players in NHL history recorded 200 career regular-season goals in fewer games than Matthews. He also became the fastest U.S.-born player in NHL history to reach the 200-goal milestone, eclipsing Kevin Stevens (363 games).
- Matthews is the 14th player in Maple Leafs franchise history to record 200 goals with the team, joining Mats Sundin (420), Darryl Sittler (389), Dave Keon (365), Ron Ellis (332), Rick Vaive (299), George Armstrong (296), Frank Mahovlich (296), Wendel Clark (260), Bob Pulford (251), Ted Kennedy (230), Lanny McDonald (219), Syl Apps (201) & Charlie Conacher (200).
- Morgan Rielly was on the ice for a team-high 22 Toronto shot attempts-for at 5-on-5.
- Travis Dermott finished the game with a team-high 5-on-5 shot attempt percentage of 61.54 percent
(16 for, 10 against).
- Oct. 27 Leafs at Chicago United Center 7:30 pm ET
- Oct. 30 Leafs vs. Detroit Scotiabank Arena 7:00 pm ET
- Nov. 2 Leafs vs. Vegas Scotiabank Arena 7:00 pm ET
- Nov. 4 Leafs vs. Tampa Scotiabank Arena 7:00 pm ET
- Nov. 6 Leafs vs. Boston Scotiabank Arena 7:00 pm ET
- Nov. 8 Leafs vs. Los Angeles Scotiabank Arena 7:30 pm ET
Stats reflect official NHL stats at the time of distri