Tim Hardaway appreciates greatness, which is why next weekend will stand as one of the most profound moments of his 56 years, when he will be inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. 1,462 more wordsIra Winderman: Tim Hardaway weighs in on Kyle Lowry’s weight, having been there before — Boston Herald
There’s a predictable movement going on in the days after the Heat season. It’s the “Kyle Lowry can’t help them” movement, and it’s grown louder. That’s because Lowry didn’t just have a tortured spring between a hamstring injury and hamstrung game. It’s because of his older age and oversized condition, his smaller size and body…Dave Hyde: Age, condition, Miami Heat culture — and the Kyle Lowry question — Boston Herald
Erik Spoelstra said Coach Kyle might be taking things past the point of comfort for Kyle Lowry. But, yes, the Miami Heat coach said he is particularly comfortable having the veteran point guard alongside while sidelined by a hamstring strain. 630 more wordsWith no other option, Heat turn to Coach Kyle in Game 6 vs. 76ers — Boston Herald
Kyle Lowry was back, and back home. The next step for the Miami Heat point guard and Philadelphia native is getting back to being himself. Sidelined for two weeks with a hamstring strain, Lowry clearly was less than himself in the 99-79 Friday night road loss to the Philadelphia 76ers that trimmed the Heat’s lead…Hamstrung in initial return, Heat’s Kyle Lowry vows to be better Sunday — Boston Herald
TORONTO & MIAMI POSTGAME VIDEO: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2j8fgl17gig3szo/AAB_ze09Pd9gbmQ4iXZXs3URa?dl=0
|TORONTO RAPTORSPOSTGAME NOTES|
FINAL SCORE: MIAMI HEAT 114, TORONTO RAPTORS 109
DATE: SUNDAY APRIL 3, 2022 ATTENDACE: 19,800 (Sellout)
|FINAL SCORE||RECORD||HIGH POINTS||HIGH REBOUNDS||HIGH ASSISTS|
|Miami||114||51-28||Strus – 23||Adebayo/Herro – 9||Lowry – 10|
|Toronto||109||45-33||Siakam/VanVleet – 29||Siakam – 8||VanVleet – 7|
Tied at 93 with 5:38 remaining in the fourth quarter, the Heat went on a 14-4 run to push its lead to 107-97 with 2:22 left in the game … Miami led for the rest of the contest.
Miami shot .474 (18-38) from beyond the arc, including 75 percent (6-8) in the final quarter … The Heat improve to 27-2 when shooting 40 percent from three-point range.
- With the loss, Toronto falls to 45-33 this season and 21-17 at home … The Raptors continue a four-game homestand (Apr. 3-8) Tuesday vs. Philadelphia.
- Fred VanVleet finished with 29 points, a team-high seven assists and three steals in 41 minutes … VanVleet connected on four three-point field goals tonight and has now set a single-season franchise record with 240 three-pointers this year.
- Pascal Siakam recorded 29 points, eight rebounds and five assists in 43 minutes … Siakam has now scored 20+ points in 14 of the last 17 games (Mar. 3 – Apr. 3), averaging 26.0 points and shooting .525 (168-320) during this stretch … Siakam has tallied 20+ points, 5+ rebounds and 5+ assists in a single-season franchise record 25 games this year.
- Scottie Barnes scored 19 points and added seven rebounds in 35 minutes … Barnes has tallied 15+ points in 39 games this season, ranking second All-time among Raptors rookies behind only Damon Stoudamire (52) during the 1995-96 season.
- With the win, Miami improves to 51-28, including 24-16 on the road … The Heat have now won four consecutive games (Mar. 28 – April 3) for the first time since Feb. 17-28, 2021 … Miami will return home to play Charlotte Tuesday night.
- Max Strus scored a team-high 23 points and went seven-for-nine from three-point range tonight … Strus has scored 20+ points 10 times in his career, including in eight games this season.
- Victor Oladipo recorded a season-best 21 points, including a career high-tying six three-point field goals … Oladipo has appeared in seven games for Miami this season after undergoing surgery on his right quadriceps tendon in May 2021.
- Kyle Lowry finished with 16 points, 10 assists and six rebounds in 34 minutes for his 16th double-double of the season … The Heat are 11-5 this season when Lowry records a double-double.
- Bam Adebayo tallied 16 points and nine rebounds in 36 minutes … Adebayo went 6-for-12 from the field and has now shot 50 percent in a career-best 14 consecutive games (Mar. 7 – Apr. 3).
- The Heat’s bench outscored Toronto’s 45-to-13 … Miami’s reserves have totaled 3,183 points this year, the third most in franchise history behind just the 2018-19 reserves (3,564) and 2017-18 bench (3,313).
|2021-22 SEASON-SERIES||ALL-TIME RECORDS|
|DATE||SITE||RESULT||RAPTORS WINS||HEAT WINS|
|01/29/2022||Miami||W 124-120 (3OT)||at Toronto:||23||24|
|02/01/2022||Toronto||W 110-106||at Miami:||15||34|
The NBA is investigating the Raptors signing-and-trading Kyle Lowry to the Heat, a deal revealed just as free agency began.Raptors’ Masai Ujiri: ‘It’s incredible how every NBA team has a deal done by 6:02’ — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
In 2000, the NBA voided Joe Smith’s contract with the Timberwolves.Report: Heat will almost certainly be allowed to keep Kyle Lowry — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
This adds to the mounting evidence Toronto won’t trade Lowry.Report: Raptors telling teams they won’t trade Kyle Lowry — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
• Kyle Lowry has 17 career triple-doubles, including 15 with Toronto. Lowry’s 15
triple-doubles are more than all other Raptors combined (13). With 22 points, 13
rebounds, and 10 assists Jan. 11 at Portland, Pascal Siakam became the first
Raptor other than Lowry to record a triple-double since Jose Calderon (Dec. 16,
2012 vs. Houston).
Kyle Lowry recorded a season-best 15 assists Jan. 31 vs. Orlando. Lowry is the only player to total 15 or more assists in a game for the Raptors since Jose Calderon in 2012. Lowry has dished out 15+ assists six times during his nine seasons in Toronto (Last: Jan. 12, 2020 vs. Sacramento) and a total of eight times during his career. Lowry’s career high is 18 assists, which he accomplished twice with the Houston Rockets. Lowry is Toronto’s franchise leader with 4,056 total assists.
If the first two games of the NBA pre-season were all about getting a good look at some of the lesser-known Raptors, the third and final tune-up was all about getting the regulars their legs under them. Read MoreRaptors drop final tune-up but Lowry looks to be in mid-season form — Toronto Sun