The 76ers have a -16.1 net rating this season when Embiid, Harden and Maxey are all off the floor.Joel Embiid out of 76ers next two games due to sprained left foot — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Tag: Philadelphia 76ers
Ben Simmons says ‘I know what’s coming’ in return to Philadelphia — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
‘That’s part of the game. Philly fans, one thing about Philly fans is they are incredible.’Ben Simmons says ‘I know what’s coming’ in return to Philadelphia — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Report: 76ers trying to land Eric Gordon for Thybulle in three-team swap — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
There’s some logic to this three-team deal.Report: 76ers trying to land Eric Gordon for Thybulle in three-team swap — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Report: 76ers testing trade market for Harris, Thybulle, Korkmaz, more — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
The 76ers need to shake things up to be a true title contender.Report: 76ers testing trade market for Harris, Thybulle, Korkmaz, more — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Dave Hyde: Miami Heat’s undrafted players outplay Philadelphia’s pedigree — it’s sports at its best — The Denver Post
There was a moment in the second half of this signature Miami Heat night, this beautiful Thursday night, when the television camera swung to a seated Pat Riley, who arched his neck and lifted his chin and offered the angular idea of an eagle surveying his constructed world. What was it the poet wrote, about…Dave Hyde: Miami Heat’s undrafted players outplay Philadelphia’s pedigree — it’s sports at its best — The Denver Post
With no other option, Heat turn to Coach Kyle in Game 6 vs. 76ers — Boston Herald
Erik Spoelstra said Coach Kyle might be taking things past the point of comfort for Kyle Lowry. But, yes, the Miami Heat coach said he is particularly comfortable having the veteran point guard alongside while sidelined by a hamstring strain. 630 more wordsWith no other option, Heat turn to Coach Kyle in Game 6 vs. 76ers — Boston Herald
76ers fined $50,000 for “violating league injury reporting rules” — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
It was surrounding Embiid’s return to the court.76ers fined $50,000 for “violating league injury reporting rules” — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Hamstrung in initial return, Heat’s Kyle Lowry vows to be better Sunday — Boston Herald
Kyle Lowry was back, and back home. The next step for the Miami Heat point guard and Philadelphia native is getting back to being himself. Sidelined for two weeks with a hamstring strain, Lowry clearly was less than himself in the 99-79 Friday night road loss to the Philadelphia 76ers that trimmed the Heat’s lead…Hamstrung in initial return, Heat’s Kyle Lowry vows to be better Sunday — Boston Herald
Heat pour it on late behind Adebayo, Herro, roll past 76ers 106-92 for 1-0 series lead — Orange County Register
The notion that it would be easy with Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid being out was misguided from the outset. Especially when considering the Miami Heat remained without Kyle Lowry. 1,018 more wordsHeat pour it on late behind Adebayo, Herro, roll past 76ers 106-92 for 1-0 series lead — Orange County Register
RAPTORS 110, 76ERS 102
FINAL SCORE: TORONTO RAPTORS 110, PHILADELPHIA 76ERS 102
DATE: SATURDAY APRIL 23, 2022 ATTENDACE: 19,800 (Sellout)
FINAL SCORE RECORD HIGH POINTS HIGH REBOUNDS HIGH ASSISTS
Philadelphia 102 3-1 Harden – 22 Harris – 11 Harden – 9
Toronto 110 1-3 Siakam – 34 Barnes – 11 Siakam/Young – 5
Leading 82-81 at the 10:35 mark in the fourth quarter, the Raptors went on a 19-6 run to extend their lead to its largest of the game (101-87) with 3:28 remaining … Pascal Siakam led the way for Toronto with 15 points in the fourth quarter.
Toronto forced 16 Philadelphia turnovers leading to a 22-to-3 advantage in points off turnovers … Through four games, the Raptors have scored 70 points off Sixers’ turnovers.
• With the win, Toronto now trails the first round series 3-1 … Game five will be played Monday night in Philadelphia.
• Pascal Siakam finished with a postseason career-high 34 points and added eight rebounds and five assists in 44 minutes … Siakam has scored 30-or-more in the postseason three times in his career and the Raptors are 3-0 in these games … Siakam has recorded 20+ points in three of four games this series (Apr. 16-23), averaging a team-high 22.5 points while shooting .438 (32-73) from the field.
• Gary Trent Jr. recorded a playoff career high-tying 24 points in 39 minutes … Trent Jr. has scored 48 points in the last two games combined after recording just nine through Games 1 & 2.
• The Raptors bench outscored Philadelphia’s reserves 36-27 … Thaddeus Young led the way for Toronto, scoring 13 points, while adding five rebounds and five assists.
• Scottie Barnes collected a team-high 11 rebounds and added six points in 26 minutes off the bench … Barnes returned to the lineup after missing the last two games with a sprained left ankle … Barnes joins Jamario Moon (Apr. 24, 2008) as one of just two rookies in franchise history to collect 10+ rebounds in a playoff game.
• With the loss, Philadelphia now leads the series 3-1 … Game five will be played Monday night in Philadelphia.
• Tobias Harris finished with 15 points and 11 rebounds for his third consecutive double-double (Apr. 18-23) … During this stretch Harris is averaging 15.3 points and 11.0 rebounds, while shooting .563 (18-32) from the field.
• James Harden recorded 22 points, nine assists and five rebounds in 42 minutes … Through four games this series, Harden is averaging a team-high 9.8 assists … He has totaled a league-best 39 assists during the postseason.
• Joel Embiid scored 21 points, eight rebounds and three assists in 39 minutes … Embiid has scored 20+ points in three consecutive games, averaging a team-high 28.3 points and shooting .538 (28-52) from the field during this stretch.
2021-22 SEASON-SERIES 2021-22 PLAYOFFS
DATE SITE RESULT DATE SITE RESULT
11/10/2021 Philadelphia W 115-109 04/16/2022 Philadelphia L 131-11
12/28/2021 Toronto L 114-109 04/18/2022 Philadelphia L 112-97
03/20/2022 Philadelphia W 93-88 04/20/2022 Toronto L 104-101 (OT)
04/07/2022 Toronto W 119-114 04/23/2022 Toronto W 110-102
RAPTORS WINS 76ERS WINS
Overall: 61 42
at Toronto: 33 18
at Philadelphia: 28 24
Siakam scores career playoff high 34, Raptors beat 76ers to stay alive in series — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
This was the Raptors’ team — and the style of game — Toronto backers expected to see more of in this series.Siakam scores career playoff high 34, Raptors beat 76ers to stay alive in series — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
RAPTORS AT 76ERS GAME 1
• The Toronto Raptors begin the 2022 NBA Playoffs on Saturday night against the Philadelphia 76ers at Wells Fargo Center. The Raptors (48-34) won 14 of their last 18 games (Mar. 9 – Apr. 10) to finish in fifth
place in the East. Toronto has qualified for the postseason the eighth time in the last nine seasons.
• This series marks the third time Toronto and Philadelphia will meet in the playoffs. The previous two series oth went seven games. The 76ers edged out Toronto in second round in 2001, while the Raptors prevailed in the Eastern Conference Semifinals in 2019 en route to the franchise’s first NBA title. Four players remain from Toronto’s 2019 roster – OG Anunoby, Chris Boucher, Pascal Siakam and Fred VanVleet.
The Sixers have three players left from the 2019 series – Joel Embiid, Tobias Harris and Furkan Korkmaz.
• Toronto won three of four games against Philadelphia this season. Pascal Siakam averaged a team-high
30.3 points and shot .507 (35-69) from the field in three games vs. the Sixers this year. He recorded his
third career triple-double in the most recent meeting (Apr. 7) with 37 point, 11 rebound and 12 assists. In
four games this year, Toronto has outrebounded Philadelphia 187-158 (+29), including 57-28 on the offensive glass (+29). Reserve Chris Boucher has led the attack on the boards averaging 10.5 rebounds.
• The Raptors ranked first in the NBA in deflections (17.6) and second in steals (9.0) this season. The backcourt duo of Gary Trent Jr. (1.74) and Fred VanVleet (1.71) ranked third and fifth, respectively, in steals.
They both also ranked in the top-five in total deflections.
• Pascal Siakam averaged 22.8 points, and career bests of 8.5 rebounds and 5.3 assists, in 68 games this
season. Siakam was one of just five players in the NBA to average at least 22.0 points, 8.0 rebounds and
5.0 assists, along with Giannis Antetokounmpo, Luka Doncic, LeBron James and Nikola Jokic.
• Pascal Siakam recorded a career-best 30 double-doubles this year. He joined Chris Bosh (five times),
Antonio Davis (twice), Donyell Marshall and Damon Stoudamire (twice) as the only Raptors to have 30 or
more double-doubles in a single season.
• Rookie Scottie Barnes was the only NBA rookie this season – and first in franchise history – to record
1000+ points, 500+ rebounds and 250+ assists. Only three other rookies have totaled 1000/500/250 in last
20 years – Luka Doncic (2018-19), Ben Simmons (2017-18) and Blake Griffin (2010-11).
• Toronto ranked second in the NBA in both offensive rebounds (13.4) and second chance points (16.5) this
season. The Raptors had five different players collected more than 100 offensive rebounds: Scottie
Barnes (195), Chris Boucher (179), Precious Achiuwa (146), Pascal Siakam (128) and Khem Birch
(122). Barnes led all rookie in offensive rebounds, while Boucher topped all reserves in the NBA with 155.
• Fred VanVleet earned his first All-Star selection, becoming the first undrafted All-Star since Ben Wallace
in 2006. VanVleet averaged career highs of 20.3 points, 6.7 assists and 4.4 rebounds in 65 games. The
Raptors were 7-1 this year when he scored 30 or more points.
F – OG ANUNOBY #3
• Averaged a career-high 17.1 points and shot .363 (115-317) from three-point range in 48 games this season.
• Scored 20+ points in 19 games; something he did 13 times in 43 games last season.
• Missed three-of-four meetings against the Sixers this year.
F – SCOTTIE BARNES #4
• Was the only rookie to rank in the top-five in points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks and minutes.
• Scored 20+ points in 17 games this season – the most by a Raptors rookie since Vince Carter (23) in 1998-99.
• Led the Raptors with a franchise rookie record 195 offensive rebounds (15th in the NBA).
C – PASCAL SIAKAM #43
• Recorded a career-high 30 double-doubles – the most by a Raptor since Chris Bosh (49) in 2009-10.
• Ranked 15th in the NBA in scoring; Toronto was 12-2 when he scored 30+ points.
• First player in franchise history to averaged 22+ points, 8+ rebounds and 5+ assists for an entire season.
G – GARY TRENT JR. #33
• Ranked third in the NBA in steals per game, fifth in total deflections (237) and 17th in three-pointers made (209).
• Matched his career high with five steals six times (last: Feb. 28 at Brooklyn).
• Scored 30+ points in five straight games (Jan. 25 – Feb. 1), tying the franchise record set by DeMar DeRozan.
G – FRED VANVLEET #23
• Was the first undrafted player to be named an All-Star since Ben Wallace in 2006.
• Ranked sixth in the NBA in steals per game, second in total deflections (254) and third in threes (240).
• Set the single-season franchise record for made three-pointers.
IES RECAP VS. PHILADELPHIA
OVERALL HOME ROAD
2021-22 3-1 1-1 2-0
ALL-TIME 61-42 33-18 28-24
STREAKS Won 2 Won 1 Won 2
PLAYOFFS 7-7 5-2 2-5
LAST WIN: Apr. 7, 2022 (119-114)
LAST ROAD WIN: Mar. 20, 2022 (93-88)
LARGEST MARGIN OF VICTORY: +36 (May. 7, 2019)
LARGEST MARGIN OF DEFEAT: -35 (Jan. 7, 2012)
DATE LOCATION TIME TV / RADIO
- Apr. 16 Wells Fargo Center 6 p.m. ESPN, TSN / Sportsnet 590
- Apr. 18 Wells Fargo Center 7:30 p.m. TNT, TSN / Sportsnet 590
- Apr. 20 Scotiabank Arena 8 p.m. NBA TV, Sportsnet / TSN 1050
- Apr. 23 Scotiabank Arena 2 p.m. TNT, Sportsnet / TSN 1050
- Apr. 25 Wells Fargo Center TBD Sportsnet / TSN 1050
- Apr. 28 Scotiabank Arena TBD TSN / Sportsnet 590
- Apr. 30 Wells Fargo Center TBD TNT, Sportsnet / TSN 1050
SERIES RECAP VS. PHILADELPHIA
GAME 80 – APRIL 7, 2022
TORONTO 119, PHILADELPHIA 114
TORONTO — Pascal Siakam had 37 points, 12 assists and 11 rebounds for his
third career triple-double, Gary Trent Jr. scored 30 points and the Toronto Raptors beat the Philadelphia 76ers 119-114 … Siakam shot 14 for 28, going 1 for 7
from 3-point range … He made 8 of 10 free throws … Precious Achiuwa scored
20 points and made a career-high five 3-pointers, and Scottie Barnes had 13
points and 10 rebounds … Joel Embiid had 30 points and 10 rebounds, and
James Harden had 13 points and 15 assists for the 76ers … Tyrese Maxey
scored 22 points, and Danny Green shot 6 for 7 from 3-point range and scored
18 points for Philadelphia … The 76ers trailed 106-102 after Green connected
from 3 with 3:31 remaining in the fourth quarter, but Trent scored five points as
Toronto answered with a 9-5 run … A steal by Siakam led to a driving dunk for
Barnes with 1:30 left, putting the Raptors up 115-107 … Philadelphia led 60-56
at the intermission … Siakam scored 15 points in the third and Trent added nine
to give the Raptors an 87-85 lead after three quarters.
1 2 3 4 TOT
PHILADELPHIA 33 27 25 29 114
TORONTO 26 30 31 32 119
GAME 71 – MARCH 20, 2022
TORONTO 93, PHILADELPHIA 88
PHILADELPHIA — Pascal Siakam had 26 points and 10 rebounds, and Precious Achiuwa scored 21 points to lead Toronto to a 93-88 win over Philadelphia … Chris Boucher had 12 points and 14 rebounds to help the Raptors extend
their road winning streak to six … James Harden missed two free throws with
the Sixers down 87-86 and missed a driving layup with 59 seconds left and the
Sixers down 89-86 … The Sixers had the ball with 37.3 seconds left and Joel
Embiid lost the ball for a costly turnover … Scottie Barnes missed two free
throws that kept Toronto’s lead at 90-88 with 7.1 seconds left … Harden,
though, missed again when he was whistled for an offensive foul against Boucher on a drive down the lane that crushed the Sixers’ comeback bid … The
Raptors had a whopping 20 offensive rebounds and held an overall 56-40 edge
on the glass … Embiid had 21 points and 13 rebounds for Philadelphia … He
shot only 6 of 20 overall from the floor and missed all three 3-pointers … Tyrese
Maxey scored 19 points and Harden had 17.
1 2 3 4 TOT
TORONTO 27 30 12 24 93
PHILADELPHIA 37 17 20 14 88
GAME 31 – DECEMBER 28, 2021
PHILADELPHIA 114, TORONTO 109
TORONTO — Tobias Harris had 19 points, 12 rebounds, and 10 assists for his
first career triple-double, Joel Embiid finished with 36 points and 11 rebounds,
and the Philadelphia 76ers hung on to beat the Toronto Raptors 114-109 …
Chris Boucher scored a season-high 28 points and matched his career high
with 19 rebounds … Siakam scored 28 points while Trent had 19 … After Toronto took a 78-76 lead on Svi Mykhailiuk’s 3-pointer with 2:02 left in the third,
the 76ers responded with a 19-5 run, including a 10-2 spurt to begin the fourth
… The Raptors battled back, and Trent hit a 3-pointer with 1:41 remaining to
put Toronto up 107-106 … But Harris was fouled after grabbing the rebound on
Trent’s miss with 21 seconds left, and made two more from the line to put the
Sixers up 112-109 … Toronto missed a chance to take a tying shot when Trent
turned the ball over with six seconds left.
1 2 3 4 TOT
PHILADELPHIA 27 28 30 29 114
TORONTO 24 24 33 28 109
GAME 13 – NOVEMBER 11, 2021
TORONTO 115, PHILADELPHIA 109
PHILADELPHIA — Gary Trent Jr. and Fred VanVleet hit back-to-back 3-
pointers over the final 1:10 to lift the Raptors past the Philadelphia 76ers, 115-
109 … VanVleet hit six 3s and scored 32 points, and Trent added 20 … The
Sixers have lost three straight games … Tyrese Maxey scored 33 points for
Philadelphia … Andre Drummond had put the Sixers ahead 109-107 with 1:44
left and then followed with a blocked shot on the next possession … Trent,
though, hit the 3 with 1:10 left that put the Raptors ahead … The Raptors led
most of the fourth quarter until the Sixers went on a late run … Shake Milton hit
a 3 and his baseline drive cut it to 92-89 before Tobias Harris scored to bring
the Sixers within one … VanVleet and Svi Mykhailiuk, though, each buried 3-
pointers that stretched the lead and OG Anunoby dunked off a turnover …
Anunoby then hit a 3, one of 14 for the Raptors …Anunoby also scored 20
points … Toronto trailed 57-52 at halftime.
1 2 3 4 TOT
TORONTO 27 25 29 34 115
PHILADELPHIA 30 27 21 31 10