“Oskar’s going through his last treatments coming up here, but everything I’ve been told from [team trainer] Jimmy [McCrossin] has been very positive,” Flahr told Sam Carchidi. “He feels great, considering the condition he’s in. He’s such a great kid and he’s determined. His focus is to play as soon as possible.”
While many players have returned home since the NHL suspended the season on March 12, Lindblom, who hails from Gavle, Sweden, stayed in Philadelphia to undergo treatments at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Since his diagnosis, he’s visited his teammates a few times, and even dropped by during team photo day.wayne fish@waynefish1
John Tavares (46) Jason Spezza (41), Morgan Rielly (18)
John Tavares (19), Jason Spezza (10), William Nylander (5)
Jason Spezza (23), John Tavares (17), Morgan Rielly (10)
John Tavares (36), Jason Spezza (33), Morgan Rielly (11)
Jason Spezza (67), John Tavares (14), Jake Muzzin (10)
MAPLE LEAFS – FLYERS TEAM STATS
GOALS FOR (Rank):
GOALS AGAINST (Rank):
POWER PLAY [%] (Rank):
16/82 [19.5%] (13th)
19/96 [19.8%] (12th)
PENALTY KILL [%] (Rank):
66/88 [75.0%] (t-26th)
66/77 [85.7%] (3rd)
5-on-5 SHOT ATTEMPTS FOR (Rank):
5-on-5 SHOT ATTEMPT % (Rank):
FACEOFF % (Rank):
MAPLE LEAFS – FLYERS NOTES
FIRST MATCHUP BETWEEN CLUBS:
January 24, 1968 vs. Philadelphia (Philadelphia 2, Toronto 1)
64-92-22-7 (185 Games)
ALL-TIME RECORD AT HOME:
37-38-14-4 (93 Games)
ALL-TIME RECORD ON THE ROAD:
27-54-8-3 (92 Games)
LAST WIN VS. OPPONENT ON THE ROAD:
November 2, 2019 (Toronto 4, Philadelphia 3 SO)
MAPLE LEAFS MILESTONES vs. FLYERS
100th NHL game (Nov. 9, 2019 vs. PHI)
100th career NHL point (Nov. 11, 2016 vs. PHI)
First career NHL goal (Oct. 29, 2002 (OTT) at PHI) First goal as a Maple Leaf (Nov. 2, 2019 at PHI)
500th career NHL game (March 21, 2016 (NYI) vs. PHI)
MAPLE LEAFS LEADERS
POWER PLAY POINTS
18 (Kerfoot, Rielly)
5-on-5 SHOT ATTEMPT %
TOI PER GAME
PP TOI PER GAME
SH TOI PER GAME
MAPLE LEAFS PLAYER NOTES
– Is 6-2-0 on the road this season with a 2.12 goals-against average and a .933 save percentage. – Has an 8-2-3 record with a .910 save percentage and a 3.08 goals-against average in 13 career games against Philadelphia.- Tied for the NHL lead in wins (13).- Third in the NHL in saves (607) and tied for fourth in even-strength saves (494).
– 10th among NHL defencemen in shots on goal (74). – Has four assists in seven career games at Philadelphia.
– Tied for sixth among NHL skaters in shorthanded time on ice (92:09).- Has started 181 shifts in the defensive zone, which is tied for the fifth-most defensive zone starts among all NHL skaters.
– Has won 56.8 percent (83 won, 63 lost) of his defensive zone faceoffs.
– Has an unblocked shot attempt percentage of 55.5 percent at 5-on-5, which leads all Maple Leafs defencemen.
– Ranks ninth among NHL goaltenders who have appeared in fewer than 10 games in saves (197).
– Has a 5-on-5 shot attempt percentage of 56.7 percent, which ranks fifth among Toronto skaters. – Averaging 17:58 per game in ice time through nine games since returning from injury, which ranks fifth among Toronto forwards.
– Has a goal and an assist in two games against Philadelphia this season.- Leads the Maple Leafs in points recorded on the road this season (6 goals, 7 assists).
– Eighth among NHL skaters in goals (16).- Tied for fifth among NHL skaters in even-strength goals (12).- Tied for 10th among NHL skaters in points (16-15-31).- One of nine NHL skaters with at least 100 shots on goal to this point of the season (104).- Has a pair of assists in two games against the Flyers this season.
– Second among NHL skaters in shorthanded shots on goal (10).- Second among NHL rookies in shots on goal (68).- Leads NHL rookies and is tied for second on the Maple Leafs in even-strength points (4-13-17).
– Tied for 10th among NHL defencemen in even-strength assists (9).- One of seven NHL defencemen and 18 NHL skaters to have registered at least 55 hits (61) and at least 50 shots on goal (58).
– Has a goal and an assist in two games against the Flyers this season.- Recorded 13 points (8 goals, 5 assists) in 14 games during the month of November.- Has notched eight primary assists, which is tied for third among Toronto skaters.
– Tied for 11th among NHL defencemen in points (3-17-20).- Tied for sixth among NHL defencemen in even-strength points (3-12-15).- Tied for fourth among NHL defencemen in even-strength assists (12).- 11th among NHL skaters in TOI per game (24:51).- Tied for eighth among NHL skaters in shifts per game (28.8).- Has six assists in eight games against Metropolitan Division teams.
– Averaged the fourth-most points per game (0.89) among Toronto skaters during the month of November (3-5-8; 9 GP).- Averaging 3.1 points per 60 minutes of ice time this season.
– Has scored 19 career goals against the Flyers, which is tied for his third-highest goal total against a single opponent. – Has five points (2 goals, 3 assists) in five games against Metropolitan Division opposition this season.- Leads the Maple Leafs in faceoff wins (200). He is one of 36 NHLers to have won at least 200 faceoffs in 2019-20.- Leads the Maple Leafs in power play faceoffs won (53.8% – 42 won, 36 lost).
CURRENT POINT STREAKS
Has assists (3) in three consecutive games and points (2-3-5) in four consecutive games.
Has goals (4) and points (4-2-6) in three consecutive games.
Three wins from 200 career NHL wins.
Two games from 500 career NHL games.
400th NHL assist (November 30 vs Buffalo)
Mitch Marner (Ankle)
On injured reserve.
Trevor Moore (Shoulder)
On injured reserve.
Man Games Lost: 59
Loaned defenceman Martin Marincin to the Toronto Marlies (AHL).