The NBA has fined Sacramento Kings player Buddy Hield $20,000 for using inappropriate language toward a referee, the league announced on Monday.Kings’ Buddy Hield Fined $20K For ‘Inappropriate Language’ Directed At Refs — CBS Sacramento
This was a prelude to future moves for Los Angeles.Report: Clippers to trade Mfiondu Kabengele to Kings, open up roster spot — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — PJ Washington scored a career-high 42 points, Malik Monk converted a three-point play with 1.4 seconds remaining and the Charlotte Hornets stunned the Sacramento Kings 127-126 with a late rally Sunday night. Monk finished with 21 points to help Charlotte come back despite playing without leading scorer Gordon Hayward, who sat […]Monk’s three-point play helps Hornets stun Kings 127-126 — The China Post, Taiwan
DETROIT (AP) — De’Aaron Fox scored 27 points and the Sacramento Kings snapped a nine-game losing streak with a 110-107 victory over the Detroit Pistons on Friday night.Kings snap skid, top Pistons 110-107 in strange finish — Daily Democrat
Buddy Hield added 22 and the Sacramento Kings beat the Los Angeles Clippers 113-110.De’Aaron Fox scores 36, leads Kings past Clippers for fourth straight win — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
LOS ANGELES (AP) — De’Aaron Fox scored 36 points, Buddy Hield added 22 and the Sacramento Kings beat the Los Angeles Clippers 113-110 on Sunday for their fourth straight victory.The Kings are 7-1 since suffering a 19-point drubbing by the Clippers on Jan. 20.Lou Williams scored 23 points off the bench for the Clippers, who dropped two in a row for the first time this season. Kawhi Leonard had 20 points and 10 rebounds as LA played without injured Paul George. The Clippers’ reserves outscored the starters, 57-53.Neither team led by more than nine points in the back-and-forth affair that featured 11 ties. Nicolas Batum’s potential tying 3-pointer missed in the closing seconds for the Clippers. Williams’ pair of free throws tied the game for the last time at 103-all. From there, the Kings stayed in front. Leonard cut Sacramento’s lead to 107-106, but Harrison Barnes scored off his own offensive rebound.Rookie Tyrese Haliburton hit back-to-back 3-pointers that put the Kings ahead by five early in the fourth. Williams scored five points in a 7-0 run that put the Clippers ahead 97-95.Fox answered with consecutive 3-pointers to take back a 103-101 lead for the Kings.Los Angeles rallied from a seven-point deficit in the third to lead 80-79, helped by nine straight points from four different players. Fox scored Sacramento’s final six points of the quarter.TIP-INSKings: They improved to 5-5 on the road and 3-4 against the West away from home. … Were playing the second game of a back-to-back after beating Denver on Saturday.Clippers: George missed his second straight game with what was initially described as a sore right foot. More specifically, it’s a bone edema in his toe, which is a buildup of fluid within the bone marrow. There is no timetable for his return as he awaits the swelling to go down, coach Tyronn Lue said. “He’s a little disappointed, especially the way he’s been playing,” Lue said.UP NEXTKings: Host Philadelphia on Tuesday.Clippers: Visit Minnesota on Wednesday.___More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/hub/NBA and https://twitter.com/AP_SportsStreaking Kings win 4th straight, beat Clippers 113-110 — The China Post, Taiwan
• The Toronto Raptors continue a three-game homestand (Jan. 27-31) by hosting the Sacramento Kings on Friday at Amalie Arena in Tampa. The Raptors won 144-123 on Jan. 8 at Sacramento to extend its winning streak against the Kings to seven straight games. Toronto has swept the season-series with Sacramento each of the past three seasons (2017-20). The last time the Raptors lost to the Kings was Nov. 20, 2016 when a game-tying three-pointer at the buzzer by Terrence Ross was overturned on video replay.
• Toronto set a regular season franchise record by scoring 144 points earlier this month when they faced Sacramento. The Raptors shot a season-best .582 (53-for-91) from the field and .513 (20-for-39) from three-point range in the victory. Fred VanVleet scored 19 of his game-high 34 points in the second-half as the Raptors scored a season-high 72 points. Toronto scored 150 points Aug. 24, 2020 in Game 4 of its first round playoff series against Brooklyn.
• The Raptors enter Friday’s game with a 2-6 record against Western Conference opponents. Chicago (10) is the only Eastern Conference team who has played more cross-conference games this season. Indiana has also played eight games vs. the West. The Raptors will face three more Western Conference opponents – Minnesota (twice), Memphis and Houston – before the midseason break.
• Norman Powell scored a season and team-high 26 points in his fourth consecutive start Wednesday vs. Milwaukee. Powell has now started in seven games this season and scored 20+ points five times. He had a 22-point performance Jan. 8 at Sacramento. Powell has scored at least 20 points in four straight games (Jan. 15-27). His career-high for consecutive games with 20 points is five (Feb. 28 – Mar. 8, 2020).
• Kyle Lowry (10,019) joined DeMar DeRozan (13,296) and Chris Bosh (10,275) as the only players in franchise history to score 10,000 career points Jan. 27 vs. Milwaukee. Golden State’s Steph Curry and Klay Thompson, Portland’s Damian Lillard, Washington’s Bradley Beal and Milwaukee’s Giannis Antetokounmpo are the only active players with 10,000 points with their current team. Lowry is Toronto’s all-time leader in three-pointer made (1,431), assists (4,035) and steals (842).
• Pascal Siakam (5) and Chris Boucher (4) lead the team in double-doubles this season. The last time Toronto faced Sacramento on Jan. 8 the frontcourt duo combined for 40 points, 14 assists and 19 rebounds, while both recording a double-double.
• OG Anunoby has scored at least 10 points in a career-long nine consecutive games (Jan. 10-25). Anunoby scored a season-high 30 points during Toronto’s Jan. 24 win at Indiana. He is averaging 16.8 points and is shooting .515 (53-103) from the field, .577 (30-52) from three-point range and .833 (15-18) at the
free throw line, during this streak.
• Toronto has missed at least one starter due to injury in each of the last four games (Jan. 24-27). As a result, the Raptors have used a different staring five in each of their last five games. Toronto has used eight different staring lineups through the first quarter of the season. Fred VanVleet is the only player to start all 18 games for the Raptors this year.
MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES GAMES POSTPONED: On Thursday, January 21, 2021, the NBA announced that the Sacramento Kings games at Memphis on Jan. 24 and Jan. 25 have been postponed in accordance with the NBA’s Health and Safety Protocols.
The games are being postponed due to unavailable players for the Grizzlies and contact tracing for other players on their roster, and in
order to ensure the health and safety of players on both teams. A date for the rescheduled games will be announced at a later time.
SHOOTERS SHOOT: Buddy Hield currently has the longest active streak in the NBA for making at least one three-pointer a game. According
to Elias Sports Bureau, Hield has a streak of 83 games with at least one made three-pointer in a game.
ACTIVE CONSECUTIVE GAMES WITH AT LEAST ONE 3-POINTER
83 Buddy Hield 11/03/2019 – 1/27/2021
80 Stephen Curry 12/01/2018 – 1/27/2021
79 Joe Harris 11/12/2019 – 1/25/2021 (Ended on 1/27/21)
48 Fred VanVleet 12/20/2019 – 1/27/2021
39 Karl-Anthony Towns 10/23/2019 – 1/13/2021
Hield is also second in the NBA in three-point field goals made with 67. Hield has taken 2,057 three-point attempts as a member of the
Sacramento Kings and has passed Mike Bibby for third in the Sacramento-era on the Kings All-Time three-point attempts list.
HOLMES IS WHERE THE BASKET IS: Richaun Holmes ranks second the NBA in field goal percentage with .681 percent. Holmes now ranks second in franchise history through the teams first 15 games for the highest field goal percentage (min. 100 FGA), trailing Otis Thorpe who shot .731 percent during the 1985-86 season.
LEAGUE-WIDE RANKINGS: Individually, Richaun Holmes ranks second in the League in field goal percentage with .681 percent. Rookie Tyrese Haliburton is tied for third amongst all rookies in scoring (11.1 ppg) and second in assists (5.0), 6th in field goal percentage (.485), tied for third in three-point field goal percentage (.457), fifth in steals (1.1) per game and is 16th amongst all players in the NBA in threepoint percentage (.457) per game. As a team, Sacramento is tied for second in the NBA in free throws attempted (25.2) and eigth in free throws made (18.1) per game. The Kings also rank 10th in the NBA in pace and are tied for 14th in points per game (112.9) while also being ranked 7th in turnovers (13.8), tied for 9th in fast break points per game (14.1 ppg). To round it out, the Kings rank fourth in the NBA in points in the paint per game (52.7).
NO FOX GIVEN: De’Aaron Fox set a new career-high with 43 points on a career-high tying 17 made baskets to go along with a season-high
13 assists vs. New Orleans on Sunday, Jan. 17, 2021. According to ESPN Stats & Info, Fox is the first player in the Sac-Era and first player
in franchise history to score at least 40 points and have 10 assists in a game since Tiny Archibald did so on March 13, 1973 for the Kansas
Also vs. New Orleans on Sunday, Jan. 17, Fox entered the fourth quarter with 33 points and 11 assists. Fox is the first Kings player to score
at least 30 points and have at least 10 assists through three quarters in a game since Mike Bibby had 31 points and 10 assists at LA Clip- pers (12/27/05).
HOT ROOKIE TYRESE: Tyrese Haliburton returned to the lineup Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2021 after missing two games to injury. Haliburton
finished with 17 points but scored 15 points in the fourth quarter to help the Kings secure victory. According to Elias Sports Bureau, Hali- burton is the first Kings rookie since Buddy Hield scored 15 points in a fourth quarter. Hield scored 15 points vs. Phoenix on Apr. 11, 2017.
Additionally, Haliburton is the second rookie to score at least 15 points in a fourth quarter this season. Anthony Edwards of the Minnesota
Timberwolves scored 15 points on Jan. 1, 2021 vs. Washington.
BLOCK PARTY: Richaun Holmes recorded a career-high six blocks Monday, Jan. 11 vs. Indiana. The sixth block coming on a goal-tending
call that was then overtuned on an official review.
JANUARY HOME SLATE: The Sacramento Kings opened a 7-game homestand on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 with a 128-124 victory over
the Chicago Bulls. This is the second instance in Sac-Era that the Kings have had a 7-game homestand. In January of 2017, the Kings were
on a 7-game homestand between Jan. 4, 2017 and Jan. 18, 2017. The Kings went 1-6 in that stretch.
HOT SCORING START: According to ESPN Stats & Info, Sacramento has scored 455 points through the first four games are the most points in the first four games in the Sac-Era and the second most in Franchise History (Most: 486 points in 1960-61 in Oscar Robertson’s rookie
SEASON OPENER THRILLER: Sacramento defeated the Denver Nuggets 124-122 in Overtime in the season opener:
The Sacramento Kings 124-122 OT win over the Denver Nuggets was the first win in the Mile High City since Jan. 3, 2017 (116-110 win) and
snaps a 6-game losing streak in Denver.
Per @EliasSports, Wednesday night’s overtime victory for the Kings is the first season opening game to go into overtime in the Sac-era
and the second time in franchise history (Nov. 5, 1955, a 100-98 loss to the New York Knicks in Rochester).
Since tracking began in 96-97, Buddy Hield’s game-winner is the second game-winner on opening night in Kings franchise history. Jason
Thompson had a go ahead put back dunk with :42 seconds left, also against the Nuggets on Oct. 30, 2013.
Leonard has 32 points, Paul George adds 19 and a career-high-tying 12 assists and the Clippers cruise to a 115-96 victory that gives them an 11-4 record, tied for the best in the league.Kawhi Leonard, Clippers dispatch Kings for 5th straight win — Daily Bulletin
The Sacramento Kings beat the Pacers 127-122 on Monday night.Kings Hold Off Pacers 127-122 With Replay Help — CBS Sacramento
Missing the feeling of in-person games this season, fans are creating their own watch parties.Kings Fans Find New Way To Support The Team During COVID Safety Measures — CBS Sacramento
uddy Hield converted a four-point play with 38 seconds left to make up for a horrible shooting night, and the Sacramento Kings held off the Chicago Bulls 128-124 on Wednesday.Buddy Hield’s 4-Point Play Helps Kings Hold Off Bulls, 128-124 — CBS Sacramento
It was a close one in Sacramento as De’Aaron Fox had 24 points and seven assists, Richaun Holmes and Buddy Hield combined for five free throws in the final two minutes and the Kings held off the Phoenix Suns 106-103 on Saturday night.Kings Improve To 2-0 After Holding Off Suns 106-103 — CBS Sacramento