As the NBA offseason has quieted, the Cavaliers are the only team in the last two weeks to give a free agent more than a minimum salary.Cavaliers signing Kevin Pangos to two-year, $3.5M contract — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
The Cavaliers shot down Nance trades at the deadline, but situations have changed.Rumor: Cavaliers may be open to Larry Nance Jr. trade — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
The Cavaliers extended a qualifying offer Friday to center Jarrett Allen, making him a restricted free agent.As expected, Cavaliers extend qualifying offer to Jarrett Allen — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Cavaliers say Love can be a mentor on a young team.Cavaliers still view Kevin Love as valuable piece in slow rebuild — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Cavaliers’ Assistant Coach Lindsay Gottlieb is leaving Cleveland to return to the college ranks as the head coach at USC.Cavaliers’ female assistant coach leaving Cleveland to return to the college ranks — WKBN.com
Cleveland Cavaliers forward Larry Nance Jr. broke his right thumb in Sunday’s loss at Washington and likely will miss the remainder of the season.Cavs’ Nance breaks thumb, 2 others concussed against Wizards — Fox 8 Cleveland WJW
• The Toronto Raptors play the first game of a back-to-back set Sunday night against the Cleveland Cavaliers at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse. The Raptors visit the Rockets in Houston on Monday. Toronto swept the season-series (3-0) with Cleveland in 2019-20. Kyle Lowry averaged 22.3 points and 8.0 assists in
three games against the Cavaliers last year. The Raptors are 9-14 on the road this season and tied with Detroit, Golden State, LA Clippers, Minnesota, New York and Utah for the most road games played in the
NBA (23). Sunday is the first of three meetings with Cleveland during the 2020-21 campaign.
• All five Toronto starters scored in double figures Friday vs. Utah. Norman Powell (17), OG Anunoby (15), Pascal Siakam (27), Kyle Lowry (14) and Fred VanVleet (17) combined for 90 points and shot .500 (28-for-56) from the field, including .469 (15-32) from three-point range, against the Jazz. Friday night was the first time the Raptors had all five in the lineup since Feb. 24 at Miami.
• Norman Powell is tied for seventh in the NBA in scoring in March, averaging 28.4 points (min. 5 GP). Powell is shooting .552 (69-125) from the floor and .493 (33-67) from beyond the arc this month. He has scored 30+ points four times, including a career-high 43 points (14-18 FG, 8-12 3PT, 7-9 FT) Mar. 17 at
Detroit. Powell became the 13th player in franchise history to score 40+ points against the Pistons.
• Chris Boucher is averaging career highs of 14.4 points, 6.3 rebounds, 1.98 blocks and 24.1 minutes, and is the only Raptor to appear in all 41 games this season. Boucher ranks fifth in the NBA in blocks per game
and sixth among reserves in scoring. Boucher is the only player in the NBA with 60+ three-point field goals and 60+ blocks (68 3PT, 81 BLK).
• Since returning from a sprained left thumb, Kyle Lowry is averaging 17.4 points and 10.4 assists, and has three double-doubles, in the last nine games (Feb. 24 – Mar. 19). Lowry has scored 20+ points four times during this stretch and tied a franchise-record with a career-high 19 assists Mar. 4 at Boston.
• Following Monday’s game at Houston, the Raptors will play 14 of their next 19 games (Mar. 24 – Apr. 27)
at home in Tampa. Toronto is 8-10 at Amalie Arena this season. The Raptors visit Cleveland again Apr. 10 before the Cavaliers make the trip to Tampa on Apr. 26.
• The Raptors have lost seven straight games (Mar. 3-19) for the first time since dropping eight in a row Jan. 10-22, 2012. Toronto is seven games below .500 (17-24) for the first time this season, but still have a +10 scoring differential (4610-to-4600). The Raptors are one of seven teams in the Eastern Conference with a plus scoring differential. Opponents are averaging 120.7 points and shooting .493 (287-582) from the field, including .387 (105-271) from three-point range, over the last seven games. Toronto also has a -96 (258-to
-354) rebounding differential during this streak.
Please be advised of the following updates to the Raptors 2020-21 schedule:
• The Chicago Bulls at Toronto Raptors game originally scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 28 will be played on Thursday, Apr. 8 at 7:30 p.m. ET.
• The Toronto Raptors at Cleveland Cavaliers game originally scheduled for Friday, Apr. 9 will be played on Saturday, Apr. 10 at 7:30 p.m. ET.
In the midst of playing their best basketball of the season, Stephen Curry and Draymond Green extended personal streaks and the Warriors blew out the Cleveland Cavaliers, 129-98, Monday night at Chase Center. With 36 points on 13-of-19 shooting (7-of-11 from 3-point range), Curry has scored at least 25 points and shot 50% or better…Steph Curry, Draymond Green roll in Warriors win over Cavaliers — Monterey Herald
Tristan Thompson had quite a career in Cleveland before making his way to Boston this past offseason. The big man played a solid nine seasons with the Cavaliers before joining the Celtics as a free agent. He averaged 9.4 points, 8.7 rebounds and one assist in over 600 games with the team. Now, Thompson hopes […]Celtics’ Tristan Thompson Hopes Cavaliers Will Retire His Number — NESN.com
Cleveland’s point guard corps has been decimated by injuries.Cavaliers’ point guard Darius Garland sprains shoulder, out at least a week — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Source: Jason Miller / Getty 2020 has been a tough year for a lot of workers, yet even more tougher for those at sports and entertainment facilities across the world, including Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Downtown Cleveland’s Gateway District. With a lot of events and games that have not taken place this past year, plus […]LOVE FOR THE LAND: Cavs’ Kevin Love Covers Lost Wages for Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse Staff Members — 93.1 WZAK