The Wizards obviously view Beal as their franchise player and are pleased he wants to stay.Bradley Beal gets no-trade clause, player option in Wizards contract — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Tag: Washington Wizards
Free agent Bradley Beal wants to play “where I feel like I can win” — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
“If I feel like I can win in DC, that’s what I’m gonna do. I want people to respect that.”Free agent Bradley Beal wants to play “where I feel like I can win” — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Report: Heat could land Bradley Beal this summer — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Bradley Beal said he’s leaning toward re-signing with the Wizards this offseason – reinforcing his longstanding loyalty to Washington.Report: Heat could land Bradley Beal this summer — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Andrew Bogut: Rumor is Bradley Beal will join James Harden and Joel Embiid on 76ers — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
The rumor James Harden would decline his player option to allow the 76ers to open max cap space for a third star to join him and Joel Embiid…Andrew Bogut: Rumor is Bradley Beal will join James Harden and Joel Embiid on 76ers — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Bradley Beal To Celtics? Speculated Scenario Seemingly Dealt Hit — NESN.com
Rumors have swirled for months (years?) hypothesizing that Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal could land with longtime friend Jayson Tatum and the Boston Celtics this offseason, but that speculation may have taken a bit of a hit. And it was none other than Beal who delivered the blow. Beal, according to the Washington Post’s Ava […]Bradley Beal To Celtics? Speculated Scenario Seemingly Dealt Hit — NESN.com
Spurs buy out Satoransky, he reportedly will re-sign with Wizards — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Satorasnky has struggled with his shot this season.Spurs buy out Satoransky, he reportedly will re-sign with Wizards — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Mavericks trading Kristaps Porzingis to Wizards — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
The Wizards looking toward next season also included trading Montrezl Harrell (to the Hornets) and Aaron Holiday (to the Suns, who also add Torrey Craig from the Pacers).Mavericks trading Kristaps Porzingis to Wizards — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Report: Bradley Beal’s agent meets with Wizards to discuss guard’s future — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Wizards star Bradley Beal undergoing season-ending surgery — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
The Wizards don’t want to find out how they’d look without Bradley Beal.Wizards star Bradley Beal undergoing season-ending surgery — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Report: Wizards’ slump has Beal more open to trade; no real movement on deal, including for Simmons — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
A Beal trade before the deadline is unlikely, but there is movement for the first time in a while.Report: Wizards’ slump has Beal more open to trade; no real movement on deal, including for Simmons — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Wizards suspend Isaiah Todd one game for “conduct detrimental to the team” — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
He is currently assigned to the G-League.Wizards suspend Isaiah Todd one game for “conduct detrimental to the team” — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
RAPTORS-WIZARDS PREGAME NOTES
At 5:30 p.m.
Banton, Dalano Out G League – On Assignment
Birch, Khem Out Injury/Illness – Nose; Fracture
Bonga, Isaac Out G League – On Assignment
Dragic, Goran Out Not With Team
Johnson, David Out Health and Safety Protocols
Trent Jr., Gary Questionable Injury/Illness – Left Ankle; Swelling
Ayayi, Joel Out G League – Two-Way
Winston, Cassius Out G League – Two-Way
• The Toronto Raptors finish a five-game road trip (Jan. 14-21) Friday night against the Washington Wizards at Capital One Arena. The Raptors have lost four of their five games following a six-game winning streak –
their longest of the season. Toronto is 6-4 in the month of January. The Raptors have won five in a row at Washington and have taken two of the first three meetings with the Wizards this season.
• Pascal Siakam finished a team-high 20 points (7-18 FG, 6-8 FT), eight rebounds, three assists and three steals in a career high-tying 44 minutes Jan. 19 at Dallas. Siakam has now scored 20+ points in five of the
last six games (Jan. 9-19), averaging 23.7 points. He is shooting .457 (53-116) from the field, .368 (7-19)
from beyond the arc and .725 (29-40) at the free throw line during this stretch.
• Pascal Siakam is currently averaging 21.0 points, and career highs of 8.3 rebounds and 4.9 assists. He is one of just six players in the NBA averaging 20.0 points, 8.0 rebounds and 4.0 assists this season, along with Giannis Antetokounmpo, Luka Doncic, Joel Embiid, James Harden and Nikola Jokic.
• Chris Boucher recorded his second straight double-double (Jan. 17-19), and fifth of the season, with 15 points and 12 rebounds in 34 minutes off the bench Jan. 19 at Dallas. Boucher has scored in double figures in each of the last five games (Jan. 11-19). He is averaging 15.2 points and shooting .473 (26-55)
from the floor, including 35 percent (7-20) from three-point range, during this span.
• Fred VanVleet leads the NBA in minutes per game (38.1) this season. VanVleet has logged 40+ minutes in 12 games, including each of the last five (Jan. 11-19) – the longest streak in the NBA this season.
VanVleet is the first Raptor since Chris Bosh (Nov. 9-18, 2008) to play 40+ points in five straight games.
• Fred VanVleet (3.8) and Gary Trent Jr. (3.5) currently rank second and fourth, respectively, in the NBA in deflections per game. VanVleet has led the NBA in deflections per game each of the past two seasons,
while Trent Jr. also ranks fourth in the league in steals (1.91). The Raptors lead the NBA in deflections per
game (18.2) this season and rank third in steals (9.1).
• The Raptors lead the NBA in offensive rebounds per game (13.6) and rank second (16.9) in second-chance points. Through 10 games in January, Toronto has outrebounded opponents 156-to-98 (+58) on
the offensive end. Chris Boucher (34) is sixth in the NBA in offensive rebounds this month, while Scottie Barnes leads the Raptors – and all rookies – with 98 offensive boards this season.
• Yuta Watanabe and Wizards forward Rui Hachimura are both expected to be in the lineup for the first time since they made history as the first pair of Japanese players to share an NBA court when Watanabe, then
a member of the Memphis Grizzlies, visited Washington on Dec. 14, 2019. Watanabe and Hachimura were
teammates last summer as part of Japan’s Olympic roster.
F – OG ANUNOBY #3
MIN: 36.3 REB: 5.1 AST: 2.4 STL: 1.5 TO: 1.7 BLK: 0.4 PTS: 19.1
• Finished with 19 points, eight rebounds and three steals in a career high-tying 43 minutes Jan. 19 at Dallas.
• Has scored in double figures in 11 straight games (Dec. 28 – Jan. 19), averaging 18.9 points during this stretch.
• Scored 20+ points in 13-of-27 games this season, something he did 13 times in 43 contests last year.
F – PASCAL SIAKAM #43
MIN: 36.5 REB: 8.3 AST: 4.9 STL: 1.2 TO: 2.6 BLK: 0.7 PTS: 21.0
• Contributed 20 points, eight rebounds and three assists in a career high-tying 44 minutes Jan. 19 at Dallas.
• Averaging 23.0 points, 8.7 rebounds and 6.4 assists through 10 games in January.
• Has totaled 10 steals in the last three games (Jan. 15-19), including a career high-tying five Jan. 17 at Miami.
C – PRECIOUS ACHIUWA #5
MIN: 25.5 REB: 7.8 AST: 1.3 STL: 0.6 TO: 1.1 BLK: 0.7 PTS: 8.0
• Tallied 12 points and five rebounds in 33 minutes of action Jan. 19 at Dallas.
• Ranks second among sophomores in rebounding (7.8) – has led the Raptors in rebounding a team-high 13 times.
• Averaging 8.3 points, 8.7 rebounds and 28.1 minutes in 20 games as a starter this season.
G – SCOTTIE BARNES #4
MIN: 35.4 REB: 7.9 AST: 3.4 STL: 1.0 TO: 1.9 BLK: 0.9 PTS: 14.4
• Finished with 11 points, five rebounds, one steal and one block in 28 minutes Jan. 19 at Dallas.
• Leads all rookies in rebounds (7.9), ranks fourth in assists (3.4) and fifth in scoring (14.4).
• Has recorded five double-doubles – the most by a Raptors rookie since Jonas Valanciunas (2012-13) had eight.
G – FRED VANVLEET #23
MIN: 38.1 REB: 4.8 AST: 6.8 STL: 1.6 TO: 2.7 BLK: 0.5 PTS: 21.8
• Recorded his seventh double-double with 18 points and 12 assists in 42 minutes Jan. 19 at Dallas.
• Has made six or more three-point field goals in a single-season franchise record nine games.
• Ranks third in the NBA with 152 three-pointers made – behind Stephen Curry (202) and Buddy Hield (165).
Dalano Banton – (G League – On Assignment) – Out
Khem Birch (Nose; Fracture) – Out
Isaac Bonga (G League – On Assignment) – Out
Goran Dragic (NWT) – Out
David Johnson (G League – Two-Way) – Out
Gary Trent Jr. (Left Ankle; Swelling) – Questionable
UPDATED: Jan. 21, 2022
NEXT GAME DETAILS
Opponent: Portland Trail Blazers
Date: Sunday, January 23
Tip-Off: 6 p.m. (ET)
Venue: Scotiabank Arena
Radio: TSN 1050 Toronto
SERIES RECAP VS. PORTLAND
OVERALL HOME ROAD
2021-22 0-1 0-0 0-1
ALL-TIME 18-32 10-15 8-17
STREAKS Lost 4 Lost 2 Lost 2
LAST WIN: Nov. 13, 2019 (114-106)
LAST HOME WIN: Mar. 1, 2019 (119-117)
LARGEST MARGIN OF VICTORY: +36 (Jan. 28, 1997)
LARGEST MARGIN OF DEFEAT: -24 (Jan. 4, 2000)
LAST TIME VS. PORTLAND
GAME 15 – NOVEMBER 15, 2021
PORTLAND 118, TORONTO 113
PORTLAND — CJ McCollum had 29 points and Damian Lillard added 24
to lead the Portland Trail Blazers to a 118-113 victory over the Toronto
Raptors … OG Anunoby had 27 points for the Raptors, who have lost five
of six … Pascal Siakam added 20 … It was a streaky fourth quarter for
both teams … The Raptors rallied with a 9-0 run, pulling to 105-101 on
Fred VanVleet’s 3-pointer with 5:34 left … Lillard’s 3 stretched the Blazers’
lead to 110-101 … VanVleet made consecutive 3-pointers to narrow it to
112-111 with 1:51 to go … After Norman Powell made free throws for
Portland, McCollum hit a jumper to make it a five-point game … Nance’s
dunk all but sealed the win with 38.5 seconds left … Nance finished with
15 points off the bench … VanVleet returned to the Raptors after missing
a game with groin soreness … Toronto led by 14 early and went into the
second quarter up 33-24 … Anunoby had 14 points, including four 3-
pointers in the opening quarter alone … The Blazers ended the first half
on a 9-0 run to take a 61-60 lead at the break … Portland stretched the
lead to eight in the third quarter, but Toronto tied it at 85 going into the
final period on Malachi Flynn’s driving layup … All five of Toronto’s starters were in double figures.
1 2 3 4 TOT
TORONTO 33 27 25 28 113
PORTLAND 24 37 24 33 118
LAST GAME STARTERS
2021-22 REGULAR SEASON RECORDS
• Beal (1,878) recorded his fifth-straight season with at least 1700 points in
2020-21, the longest streak in team history and second behind Elvin Hayes’
total of six seasons overall. Beal also tallied his third season with at least
1,800 points, tied for the second-most in franchise history.
• Beal (641) needs THREE games played to surpass Greg Ballard (643, 1978-
85) for the third-most games played in Wizards history.
• Beal recorded a new career-high for assists on 1/1 vs. CHI, dishing out 17
• Has 5+ assists 13 straight outings, tied for the longest such streak of his
career (13, 2/6/19-3/9/19).
• Has scored at least 15 points in seven of his last 10 appearances
• Gafford is averaging career-bests in points (9.3), rebounds (6.4) and blocks
(1.7) in 21.9 minutes per game through 45 games this season.
• His career-best eight blocks on 11/26 at OKC are the most blocks recorded
by a Wizards player since JaVale McGee on 3/15/11 (12) and are the most in a
single game in the NBA this season.
• Gafford (991) Needs NINE points to reach 1,000 career points scored.
• Kuzma has a career-high 18 double-doubles this season, including in 10 of
the last 14 games.
• Amassed 27 points and a career-high 22 rebounds on 1/9 at ORL, becoming the
first Wizards player since Antawn Jamison (1/30/10 at NYK) to record a 20/20 game.
• Has 20 games with 10+ rebounds this season, the most in his career.
• Is shooting the ball at a team-high .377 clip from beyond the arc this season.
AVERAGES VS. TORONTO CAREER SEASON
Beal: 27 g, 23.4 pts, 4.6 reb, 5.0 ast | 3 g, 20.7 pts, 3.7 reb, 6.0 ast
Dinwiddie: 20 g, 12.5 pts, 3.0 reb, 4.9 ast | 3 g, 11.3 pts, 3.3 reb, 3.7 ast
Gafford: 7 g, 5.1 pts, 3.3 reb, 0.3 ast | 3 g, 7.0 pts, 5.0 reb, 0.0 ast
Kuzma: 8 g, 12.5 pts, 6.1 reb, 1.5 ast | 3 g, 7.3 pts, 8.0 reb, 2.7 ast
Caldwell-Pope: 24 g, 10.5 pts, 2.7 reb, 1.9 ast | 3 g, 13.0 pts, 4.3 reb, 1.0 ast