INJURY REPORT 1:30 P.M.
TOR@ATL Atlanta Hawks Bogdanovic, Bogdan Out Injury/Illness – Right Knee; Avulsion Fracture
Dunn, Kris Out Injury/Illness – Right Ankle; Surgery
Huerter, Kevin Probable Injury/Illness – Left Ankle; Soreness
Hunter, De’Andre Out Injury/Illness – Right Knee; Discomfort
Okongwu, Onyeka Questionable Injury/Illness – Left Achilles; Soreness
Young, Trae Questionable Injury/Illness – Right Calf; Contusion
Toronto Raptors Anunoby, OG Out Injury/Illness – Left Calf; Strain
Flynn, Malachi Out G League – On Assignment
Harris, Jalen Out G League – Two-Way
McCaw, Patrick Out Injury/Illness – Left Knee; Surgery – rehabilitation
• The Toronto Raptors play the second game of a back-to-back set (Feb. 5-6) Saturday night against the Atlanta Hawks at State Farm Arena. The Raptors have won 10 in a row over the Hawks, including the last six meetings in Atlanta. Pascal Siakam and Fred VanVleet averaged 25.3 and 21.3 points, respectively,
in three victories vs. the Hawks last season. Saturday marks Toronto’s lone game with Atlanta during the first half of the season. The Raptors will host Atlanta twice in the second half. The Raptors are 0-2 in the second game of a back-to-back this season.
• Pascal Siakam scored a season-high 33 points (12-23 FG, 9-10 FT) last night at Brooklyn. Siakam has now scored 30 or more points in three of the last four games (Jan. 29 – Feb. 5). He is averaging 26.8 points, while shooting .506 (39-77) from the field and .853 (29-34) at the free throw during this stretch. Siakam scored 30+ points once in his first 15 games.
• The Raptors have won a season high-tying three straight games (Jan. 31 – Feb. 5). Over the last three games, Toronto is averaging 120.3 points and shooting .481 (130-270) from the floor. The Raptors have a +15 steal differential (32-to-17) and forced 46 opponent turnovers during the winning streak.
• Kyle Lowry scored a season-high 30 points (12-18 FG, 6-9 3PT) yesterday against the Nets. Lowry needs 13 rebounds to pass Amir Johnson (2,836) for fourth on the franchise’s career rebounds list and is 16
away from passing Antonio Davis (2,839) for third. Lowry already ranks first in Raptors history in assists (4,073) and third in scoring (10.092). Only three active players are inside the top-three all-time for a team in scoring, rebounds and assists, but none of those players are currently with that team; LeBron James (Cleveland), Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City) and Marc Gasol (Memphis).
• The Raptors continue a six-game road trip (Jan. 31 – Feb. 11) – their longest in the first half – Saturday at Atlanta. Toronto is on the road for 11 days as Super Bowl LV festivities take over the Tampa area. The Raptors will play 10-of-15 games on the road in the month of February. Toronto visits the Hawks having
won consecutive road games (Feb. 2-5) for the first time this season.
• Toronto scored a season-best 64 points in the paint Friday at Brooklyn. The Raptors have now scored 50 or more points in the paint in three of their last four games (Jan. 29 – Feb. 5), averaging 52.0 points during
this span. Toronto currently ranks 26th in the NBA averaging 41.5 points in the paint this season.
• Fred VanVleet scored a franchise record 54 points (17-23 FG, 11-14 3PT, 9-9 FT) Feb. 2 at Orlando, surpassing the previous record of 52 set by DeMar DeRozan on Jan. 1, 2018 vs. Milwaukee (OT). FVanVleet became just the fourth player in Raptors history to record a 50-point game, joining Vince Carter
(51 – Feb. 27, 2000 vs. Phoenix, Terrence Ross (51 – Ja. 25, 2014 vs. L.A. Clippers) and DeRozan.