Charlie Coyle made the opening statement, then had the final say in the Bruins’ 4-1 victory Sunday afternoon over the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden. The Bruins’ second-line center scored the game’s first goal even strength at 6:41 of the first period and a short-handed empty netter at 18:05 of the third that…Center Charlie Coyle bookends Bruins’ 4-1 win over Rangers — Boston Herald
The NBA announced Sunday that tonight’s game between the Toronto Raptors and Chicago Bulls at Amalie Arena in Tampa has been postponed in accordance with the league’s Health and Safety Protocols.
Official releaseFebruary 28, 2021 10:49 AM
NEW YORK – The National Basketball Association game scheduled for Sunday night between the Chicago Bulls and Toronto Raptors at Amalie Arena in Tampa, Fla. has been postponed in accordance with the league’s Health and Safety Protocols.
Because of positive test results and ongoing contact tracing within the Raptors, the team will not have the league-required eight available players to proceed with the scheduled game against the Bulls.
ORLANDO (ABC4 Sports) – The Utah Jazz haven’t lost two games in a row in nearly two month, and they weren’t about to begin their final road trip before the All-Star break with consecutive defeats. Donovan Mitchell scored 31 points, 25 in the second half, and Joe Ingles filled in well again at point guard in place […]Jazz bounce back with victory over Orlando, 124-109 — ABC4 Utah
TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (16-4-2 – 34 Points) vs.
EDMONTON OILERS (14-9-0 – 28 Points)
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2021
ON THE SCORESHEET
- William Nylander put the Maple Leafs on the board with a power play goal at 14:37 of the first period. Nylander has goals (3) in two consecutive games. He has five points (3-2-5) in five games against the Oilers this season. He has 13 points (5-8-13) in 13 career games against Edmonton.
- Mitch Marner registered the primary assist on Nylander’s first period goal and later scored the second Toronto goal of the game at 15:50 of the first period. Tonight’s game is Marner’s seventh multi-assist and 10th multi-point game of the season. He has 14 points (4-10-14) in nine games on the road this season. He has six points (2-4-6) in five games against Edmonton in 2020-21.
- Jason Spezza scored the third Maple Leafs goal of the night at 11:15 of the second period. Spezza has four points (2-2-4) in five games against the Oilers this season. He has seven points (4-3-7) in 12 games during the month of February.
- Zach Hyman scored Toronto’s four goal of the game at 13:34 of the third period. Hyman has points (1-1-2) in two consecutive games. He has scored four of his five goals on the road this season. In 10 games during the month of February, Hyman has recorded eight points (3-5-8).
- John Tavares picked up the secondary assist on Nylander’s first period goal and later recorded the primary assist on Marner’s first period goal. Tonight’s game is his fourth multi-assist and fifth multi-point performance of the season. He has 10 points (1-9-10) in nine games on the road this season. In five games against the Oilers in 2020-21, Tavares has registered six points (1-5-6).
- Joe Thornton had the secondary assist on Marner’s second period goal. Thornton has 10 points (3-7-10) in 10 games played this season. He has four points (1-3-4) in four games on the road this season. He has 71 points (12-59-71) in 69 career games against the Oilers.
- Jimmy Vesey registered the primary assist on Spezza’s second period goal. Vesey has two goals and two assists in 22 games this season. He has registered both of his assists on the road in 2020-21.
- TJ Brodie picked up the secondary assist on Spezza’s second period goal. Brodie has six assists in 22 games this season. He has registered four of his six assists in five games against the Oilers in 2020-21.
- Pierre Engvall registered the primary assist on Hyman’s third period goal. Engvall has a goal and two assists in 13 games this season. Both of his assists have come on the road in six games played this season.
- Jake Muzzin had the secondary assist on Hyman’s third period goal. Muzzin has four assists over his last five games played. He has recorded nine assists in 10 games during the month of February. He has seven points (1-6-7) in nine road games in 2020-21.
- Jack Campbell stopped all 30 shots he faced to earn his first shutout of 2020-21 and the third shutout of his career.
SHOTS ON GOAL (5-on-5 in brackets)
|TORONTO||9 (8)||13 (13)||7 (7)||–||29 (28)|
|EDMONTON||10 (10)||11 (11)||9 (9)||–||30 (30)|
SHOT ATTEMPTS (5-on-5 in brackets)
|TORONTO||14 (13)||18 (18)||7 (7)||–||39 (38)|
|EDMONTON||21 (21)||21 (21)||16 (16)||–||58 (58)|
ON THE ROAD AGAIN
|Record on the Road||7-1-1 (9 Games)|
|All-Time Record vs. Edmonton||55-44-8-2 (109 Games)|
|All-Time Record vs. Edmonton on the Road||25-25-6-2 (58 Games)|
MAPLE LEAFS LEADERS
|Shot Attempts||8 (Tavares)|
|Faceoff Wins||13 (Tavares)|
|Faceoff Win Percentage||100% (Thornton – 2 won, 0 lost)|
|Blocked Shots||3 (Muzzin, Rielly)|
|Takeaways||2 (Bogosian, Hyman, Marner)|
|Power Play TOI||0:24 (Five players tied)|
|5-on-5 Shot Attempt Percentage||60.0% (Dermott – 12 for, 8 against)|
|Lead after 1||6-1-1|
|Lead after 2||11-1-1|
|Score 1 power play goal||7-0-2|
|Do not allow a power play goal||9-1-1|
|Outshot by opponent||9-2-1|
- The Maple Leafs went did not take a penalty tonight. Toronto was 1-for-1 on the power play.
- Morgan Rielly was on the ice for a team-high 19 shot attempts for at 5-on-5. Rielly finished the game with a 5-on-5 shot attempt percentage of 44.2% (19 for, 24 against).
- Mitch Marner and John Tavares started 15.4% of their 5-on-5 faceoffs in the defensive zone, which was the lowest mark among Toronto skaters.
- John Tavares was 7-for-10 (70%) on defensive zone faceoffs tonight and won 60% (6 won, 4 lost) of his faceoffs against Edmonton centre Connor McDavid.
- Monday, March 1, 10:00 p.m. at Edmonton Oilers (Sportsnet Ontario, FAN 590)
- Wednesday, March 3, 8:00 p.m. at Edmonton Oilers (Sportsnet, TSN 1050)
- Thursday, March 4, 10:00 p.m. at Vancouver Canucks (TSN4, FAN 590)
- Saturday, March 6, 7:00 p.m. at Vancouver Canucks (Sportsnet, TSN 1050)
- Tuesday, March 9, 7:00 p.m. vs. Winnipeg Jets (TSN4, FAN 590)
Stats reflect official NHL stats at the time of distribution. Please consult official NHL game sheets (links above) to confirm no statistical changes were made.