After Dejounte Murray’s 3-pointer slipped through the net in the waning moments of a close game, Steph Curry, who scored 14 of his 32 points in the fourth quarter, kicked the air in frustration. Turnovers cost the Warriors in another MVP-caliber performance from Curry, as they fell to the Spurs 105-100 Monday in San Antonio.…Four takeaways from the Warriors loss to the Spurs — Marin Independent Journal
New opponent. Same problem. The Nuggets’ third-quarter curse continues. On Monday, in a 125-112 loss to the Bucks, it was yet another second-half letdown that ultimately flipped momentum inside Ball Arena. The Nuggets led the majority of the first two quarters before getting outscored 34-26 in the third frame. The Nuggets (12-13), riding a three-game…Nuggets’ third quarter woes persist in home loss to Bucks — The Denver Post
The Angels added depth to their bullpen by acquiring right-hander Aaron Slegers from the Tampa Bay Rays in exchange for a player to be named or cash. Slegers, 28, posted a 3.46 ERA with the Rays last season, mostly as a multi-inning reliever. Slegers pitched 26 innings in 11 games. He allowed one run in…Angels acquire right-handed reliever Aaron Slegers from Rays — Daily News
Stephen Curry was bottled up most of the night and the Warriors were sunk by turnovers as they lost to the Spurs, 105-100, in San Antonio Monday. With the loss, the Warriors (12-12) drop to 1-2 on this current four-game trip through Texas and are .500 for the first time since Jan. 23. They fall…Steph Curry scores 32 but turnovers sink Warriors in loss to Spurs — Monterey Herald
Everywhere LaMelo Ball has played basketball, people have tried to change his 3-point shot.Watch LaMelo knock down seven three-pointers, lift Hornets past Rockets — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
VANCOUVER CANUCKS (6-10-0 – 12 Points) vs.
TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (10-2-1 – 21 Points)
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2021
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Morgan Rielly put the Maple Leafs on the board at 6:38 of the first period. Rielly has points (1-3-4) in three consecutive games. Both of Rielly’s goals have come on home ice this season. The Maple Leafs are 7-0-0 when he records are point in 2020-21.
- Auston Matthews scored the second Toronto goal of the night at 9:22 of the third period. Matthews’ goal is his 300th career NHL point. He has goals (9) and points (9-1-10) in seven consecutive games. With goals in seven consecutive games, Matthews has established a new career-long goal streak. He leads the NHL in goals scored (11).
- Alex Kerfoot scored the third Maple Leafs goal of the game at 9:33 of the third period. Kerfoot’s goal is his second of the season and first on home ice. He has a goal and two assists in seven games at Scotiabank Arena this season.
- Mitch Marner registered the primary assist on Matthews’ third period goal. Marner has assists (12) and points (3-12-15) in eight consecutive games. He has registered seven points (1-6-7) over this three game series with Vancouver. He has 12 points (4-8-12) over seven games on home ice.
- Rasmus Sandin picked up the secondary assist on Matthews’ third period goal. Sandin’s assist is his first point of the 2020-21 season. He had a goal and seven assists in 28 games with the Maple Leafs last season.
- Ilya Mikheyev had the lone assist on Kerfoot’s third period goal. Mikheyev has two assists over his last four games played. His assist tonight is his first point on home ice this season.
- Frederik Andersen stopped 31 of the 32 shots he faced to earn his eighth win of the season.
SHOTS ON GOAL (5-on-5 in brackets)
|VANCOUVER||13 (11)||14 (12)||5 (4)||–||32 (27)|
|TORONTO||4 (3)||3 (2)||12 (11)||–||19 (16)|
SHOT ATTEMPTS (5-on-5 in brackets)
|VANCOUVER||17 (15)||23 (20)||15 (6)||–||55 (41)|
|TORONTO||11 (10)||9 (7)||19 (16)||–||39 (33)|
NO PLACE LIKE HOME
|Record at Home||6-1-0 (7 Games)|
|All-Time Record vs. Vancouver||64-62-22-3 (151 Games)|
|All-Time Record vs. Vancouver at Home||38-25-11-1 (75 Games)|
MAPLE LEAFS LEADERS
|Shots||3 (Marner, Tavares)|
|Shot Attempts||6 (Marner)|
|Faceoff Wins||8 (Matthews)|
|Faceoff Win Percentage||100% (Boyd – 1 won, 0 lost)|
|Blocked Shots||4 (Muzzin)|
|Takeaways||1 (Six players tied)|
|Power Play TOI||3:36 (Matthews)|
|Shorthanded TOI||4:59 (Muzzin)|
|Shifts||28 (Hyman, Marner)|
|5-on-5 Shot Attempt Percentage||75.0% (Rielly – 18 for, 6 against)|
|Lead after 1||6-0-0|
|Tied after 2||9-0-0|
|Do not score a power play goal||1-1-0|
|Allow 1 power play goal||5-2-1|
|Outshot by opponent||6-1-0|
- The Maple Leafs went 3-for-4 on the penalty kill and 0-for-2 on the power play tonight.
- Morgan Rielly was on the ice for a team-high 18 shot attempts at 5-on-5 tonight. Rielly finished the game with a team-high 5-on-5 shot attempt percentage of 75.0% (18 for, 6 against).
- Jason Spezza won 67% (4 won, 2 lost) of his defensive zone faceoffs.
- John Tavares won 71% (4 won, 2 lost) of his faceoffs when matched up with Vancouver centre Bo Horvat.
- Wednesday, February 10, 7:30 p.m. at Montreal Canadiens (Sportsnet, FAN 590)
- Saturday, February 13, 7:00 p.m. vs. Montreal Canadiens (Sportsnet, FAN 590)
- Monday, February 15, 7:00 p.m. vs. Ottawa Senators (TSN4, TSN 1050)
- Wednesday, February 17, 7:00 p.m. vs. Ottawa Senators (Sportsnet, FAN 590)
- Thursday, February 18, 7:00 p.m. vs. Ottawa Senators (Sportsnet Ontario, FAN 590)
Stats reflect official NHL stats at the time of distribution. Please consult official NHL game sheets (links above) to confirm no statistical changes were made.