TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (11-2-1 – 23 Points) vs.
MONTREAL CANADIENS (8-3-2 – 18 Points)
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2021
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Travis Dermott put the Maple Leafs on the board with a goal at 15:18 of the second period. Dermott’s goal is his first point of the 2020-21 season. He had four goals and seven assists in 56 games during the 2019-20 season.
- Justin Holl scored the second Toronto goal of the night at 1:50 of the third period. Holl’s goal is his first of 2020-21. He has six points (1-5-6) in 14 games played this season.
- Ilya Mikheyev scored the third Maple Leafs goal of the game at 2:32 of the third period. Mikheyev’s goal is his first of the season. He has points (1-1-2) in two consecutive games. He has registered three points (1-2-3) in seven games on the road this season.
- Zach Hyman had the secondary assist on Mikheyev’s third period goal and later scored the fourth Toronto goal into an empty net at 18:56 of the third period. Tonight’s empty net goal is Hyman’s 13th career empty net goal, making him the all-time franchise leader in the category. Hyman has five points (3-3-6) over his last five games played. Tonight’s game is his second multi-point performance of 2020-21. He has a goal and two assists in two games against Montreal this season. In 15 career games against the Canadiens, Hyman has recorded 13 points (5-8-13), his most against any opponent.
- Jake Muzzin registered the primary assist on Dermott’s second period goal and later added the secondary assist on Holl’s third period goal before picking up the secondary assist on Hyman’s third period goal. His three assists tie his career-high for assists in a game (Previous: Dec. 11, 2014 Los Angeles at Ottawa) and his career-high for points in a game (3 – 9x). Muzzin has six assists over his last five games played. Tonight’s game is his second multi-assist and multi-point game of the season. He has registered six points (1-5-6) in seven games on the road this season. He has 13 points (4-9-13) in 18 career games against Montreal.
- John Tavares had the secondary assist before recording the primary assist on Mikheyev’s third period goal. Tavares has five points (1-4-5) over his last five games. He has seven points (1-6-7) in seven games played on the road in 2020-21. In 37 career games against Montreal, he has recorded 35 points (15 goals, 20 assists).
- Alex Kerfoot recorded the primary assist on Mikheyev’s third period goal. Kerfoot has points (1-1-2) in two consecutive games. He has six points (2-4-6) in nine career games against the Canadiens. He has three points (1-2-3) in seven games on the road this season.
- Auston Matthews registered the primary assist on Hyman’s third period goal. Matthews has points (9-2-11) in eight consecutive games. He has eight points (5-3-8) in seven games played on the road in 2020-21.
- Frederik Andersen stopped 33 shots to earn his ninth win of the season.
SHOTS ON GOAL (5-on-5 in brackets)
|TORONTO||6 (3)||6 (3)||12 (9)||–||24 (15)|
|MONTREAL||9 (7)||13 (10)||13 (13)||–||35 (30)|
SHOT ATTEMPTS (5-on-5 in brackets)
|TORONTO||14 (10)||13 (9)||16 (12)||–||43 (31)|
|MONTREAL||15 (12)||25 (21)||19 (18)||–||59 (51)|
ON THE ROAD AGAIN
|Record on the Road||5-1-1 (7 Games)|
|All-Time Record vs. Montreal||302-342-88-17 (749 Games)|
|All-Time Record vs. Montreal on the Road||111-214-43-7 (375 Games)|
MAPLE LEAFS LEADERS
|Shots||3 (Four players tied)|
|Shot Attempts||6 (Hyman)|
|Faceoff Wins||12 (Matthews)|
|Faceoff Win Percentage||100% (Boyd, Mikheyev)|
|Blocked Shots||4 (Holl)|
|Power Play TOI||3:36 (Marner)|
|Shorthanded TOI||2:33 (Holl, Muzzin)|
|Shifts||28 (Holl, Muzzin)|
|5-on-5 Shot Attempt Percentage||50.0% (Dermott, Spezza)|
|Opponent scores first||4-1-1|
|Trail after 1||2-1-1|
|Tied after 2||3-0-1|
|Do not score a power play goal||2-1-0|
|Do not allow a power play goal||4-0-0|
|Outshot by opponent||7-1-0|
- The Maple Leafs went 2-for-2 on the penalty kill and 0-for-2 on the power play tonight.
- Justin Holl and Jake Muzzin were the lone Maple Leafs to not start a 5-on-5 shift in the offensive zone.
- Auston Matthews won 75% (6 won, 2 lost) of his defensive zone faceoffs.
- Morgan Rielly was on the ice for a team-high 15 shot attempts at 5-on-5 tonight. Rielly finished the game with a 5-on-5 shot attempt percentage of 42.9% (15 for, 20 against).
- Saturday, February 13, 7:00 p.m. vs. Montreal Canadiens (Sportsnet, FAN 590)
- Monday, February 15, 7:00 p.m. vs. Ottawa Senators (TSN4, TSN 1050)
- Wednesday, February 17, 7:00 p.m. vs. Ottawa Senators (Sportsnet, FAN 590)
- Thursday, February 18, 7:00 p.m. vs. Ottawa Senators (Sportsnet Ontario, FAN 590)
- Saturday, February 20, 7:00 p.m. at Montreal Canadiens (Sportsnet, TSN 1050)
Stats reflect official NHL stats at the time of distribution. Please consult official NHL game sheets (links above) to confirm no statistical changes were made.