Doncic could make a massive difference in this series.Report: Optimism Luka Doncic will return for Mavericks-Jazz Game 3 or Game 4 — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Obviously, this is a huge setback for the Mavericks.Report: Luka Doncic expected to miss Mavericks-Jazz Game 1 — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
The Defensive Player of the Year race remains fairly unsettled.Marcus Smart on Gobert: ‘Rudy can’t guard all five spots. I can guard all five spots’ — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
George scores 34 points and makes six 3-pointers in his first game since Dec. 22 as the Clippers erase a 25-point second-half deficit in a 121-115 win.Paul George returns as Clippers stun Jazz with another big comeback win — Press Enterprise
PLAYA VISTA — Paul George’s 43-game sitting streak could come to an end Tuesday night against the Utah Jazz at Crypto.com Arena – and if it happens, it won’t be a moment too soon for the Clippers. 475 more wordsClippers’ Paul George could play Tuesday vs. Jazz — Press Telegram
Luka Doncic and Rudy Gobert got into it during the Mavericks’ win over the Jazz last night.Rudy Gobert takes umbrage with comments from Mavericks reserves — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Armed with Joe Ingles’ expiring contract and draft picks, the Jazz were linked to some of the biggest names swirling before the trade deadline.Report: Jazz trading Joe Ingles’ contract, picks for Nickeil Alexander-Walker and Juancho Hernangomez — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Ingles was already in trade rumors.Jazz forward Joe Ingles out for season with torn ACL — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Ingles is a big part of the Jazz team culture, a popular player who averages 7.4 points and 3.5 assists per game.Utah’s Ingles leaves game with what is feared to be serious knee injury — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Rudy Gobert once described his dynamic with Jazz teammate Donovan Mitchell as, “I’m the a–hole.”How high are tensions between Jazz stars Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell? — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
TORONTO & UTAH POSTGAME VIDEO: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2j8fgl17gig3szo/AAB_ze09Pd9gbmQ4iXZXs3URa?dl=0
|TORONTO RAPTORSPOSTGAME NOTES|
FINAL SCORE: TORONTO RAPTORS 122, UTAH JAZZ 108
DATE: JANUARY 7, 2022
|FINAL SCORE||RECORD||HIGH POINTS||HIGH REBOUNDS||HIGH ASSISTS|
|Utah||108||28-11||Paschall – 29||Hughes – 8||Forrest – 8|
|Toronto||122||19-17||VanVleet – 37||VanVleet – 10||VanVleet – 10|
Toronto went on a 24-8 run beginning at the 4:22 mark in the third quarter, led by 17 consecutive points by Fred VanVleet … VanVleet’s 17 points marked the longest streak by a Raptor since Morris Peterson (Feb. 27, 2000 vs. Cleveland), and was just one point shy of Vince Carter’s franchise record of 18 consecutive points … Toronto recorded a season-high 45 points in the third quarter tonight, led by 24 points from VanVleet … His 24-point quarter fell just one point short of Pascal Siakam’s (25) franchise record for points in a quarter.
The Raptors forced 21 Jazz turnovers leading to 28 points, while only conceding nine points off turnovers … In two games vs. Utah this season, the Raptors have totaled 65 points off 45 Jazz turnovers … Toronto overcame a 17-point deficit tonight for its largest comeback of the season.
- With the win, Toronto improves to 19-17 this season and 11-10 at home … The Raptors have now tied a season high with five straight victories (Dec. 31 – Jan. 7), including a season-high four consecutive wins at home (Dec. 31- Jan. 7) … Toronto also won five straight Oct. 27 – Nov. 3 … The Raptors continue a three-game homestand (Jan. 7-11) Sunday against the New Orleans Pelicans.
- Fred VanVleet finished with a season highs of 37 points and 10 rebounds, along with 10 assists in 36 minutes for his first career triple-double … VanVleet’s 37 points marks the most points in a triple double in franchise history … The last Raptor to record a triple-double was Kyle Lowry (Feb. 26, 2021).
- Fred VanVleet has now scored 30+ points in five of his last seven games played (Dec. 14 – Jan. 7), averaging 30.1 points and shooting .482 (71-for-147) from the field, including .453 (39-for-86) from beyond the arc, during this stretch … The Raptors are 6-1 this season when VanVleet scores 30 or more points.
- OG Anunoby tallied 22 points (8-13 FG, 4-7 3PT, 2-2 FT) and added four rebounds and three steals in 34 minutes … Anunoby has now scored 20+ points in consecutive games (Jan. 5-7) for the first time since a three-game streak Nov. 1-5 … Anunoby has recorded 12 steals in the last five games.
- Pascal Siakam recorded 17 points, five rebounds and five assists in 39 minutes … Siakam has now recorded five or more assists in a career-high six consecutive games (Dec. 28 – Jan. 7), averaging 6.3 assists per game during this stretch.
- With the loss, Utah is now28-11, including 14-4 on the road … The Jazz are 2-1 on their current five-game road trip (Jan. 1-10) … Utah will now travel to Indiana to play the Pacers on Saturday night.
- Eric Paschall recorded a season-high 29 points (10-21 FG, 2-7 3PT, 7-10 FT) and added three rebounds and two assists in 37 minutes … Paschall has scored in double-digits in only one other game this season (13 points, Oct. 28 vs. Houston).
- Elijah Hughes finished with a career bests of 26 points (9-15 FG, 7-12 3PT, 1-1 FT), eight rebounds and four assists in 41 minutes … Hughes’ seven three-point field goals made ties the Jazz record for the most three-pointers made in a game this season (Mike Conley Dec. 3 vs. Boston).
|2021-22 SEASON-SERIES||ALL-TIME RECORDS|
|DATE||SITE||RESULT||RAPTORS WINS||JAZZ WINS|
|01/07/2022||Toronto||W 122-108||at Toronto:||11||14|