SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Donovan Mitchell scored 22 points before leaving the game with a sprained ankle in the third quarter, and the NBA-leading Utah Jazz beat the Indiana Pacers 119-111 on Friday. Bojan Bogdanovic had 24 points and Rudy Gobert added 13 points, 23 rebounds and four blocks for the Jazz. Jordan Clarkson […]Minus injured Mitchell, Jazz rally to beat Pacers 119-111 — WTTV CBS4Indy
Dwyane Wade is a #HeatLifer.Dwyane Wade buys ownership share of Utah Jazz — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Hopefully this is not as bad as it looked initially.Donovan Mitchell leaves game with nasty looking ankle sprain — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
PHOENIX (ABC4 Sports) – Back in December, not many people would have predicted that 50 games into the season the Utah Jazz and Phoenix Suns would have the two best records in the NBA. But in what was a playoff atmosphere, the Jazz and Suns played a thrilling game that went to overtime, with the…Jazz lose heartbreaker to Phoenix in overtime, 117-113 — ABC4 Utah
MEMPHIS (ABC4 Sports) – It was an experience Jazz players would like to forget, but may not for a long while. After beating Memphis Wednesday night, 111-107, Jazz players described that harrowing emergency landing on Tuesday after the plane struck a flock of birds, causing an explosion in one of the engines. “For a good…Jazz describe harrowing emergency landing — ABC4 Utah
• The Toronto Raptors return home from three straight road games (Mar. 13-17) to host the Utah Jazz on Friday night at Amalie Arena. The Raptors have won 12 of their last 14 games against the Jazz and swept the season-series each of the last two seasons. Pascal Siakam has scored 27+ points in three straight
games vs. Utah, averaging 30.0 points. Vinik Sports Group and the Raptors will welcome a limited number of fans, with a capacity of 3,800, back to Amalie Arena for games starting Friday.
• Norman Powell scored a career-high 43 points (14-18 FG, 8-12 3PT, 7-9 FT) Wednesday at Detroit. Powell became the 13th player in franchise history to score 40+ points, and just the second to reach the 40-point mark without committing a turnover (Last: Chris Bosh – Dec. 22, 2007 at PHX).
• Norman Powell has scored 30+ points six times in the last 11 games (Feb. 19 – Mar. 17). Powell is averaging 26.8 points and is shooting .543 (101-186) from the floor, inlcuding .469 (45-96) from three-point range, during this stretch. Through 38 games, Powell is averaging a career-high 19.7 points (+3.7 ppg from 2019-20) and ranks eighth in the NBA shooting a career-best .446 (108-242) from beyond the arc.
• Chris Boucher is averaging career highs of 14.3 points, 6.5 rebounds, 1.98 blocks and 24.2 minutes, and is the only Raptor to appear in all 40 games this season. Boucher ranks fifth in the NBA in blocks per game and is the only player in the league with 60+ three-point field goals and 60+ blocks (65 3PT, 79 BLK).
• Kyle Lowry recorded 15 assists Wednesday against the Pistons. Lowry dished out 15+ assists for the third time this season and eighth time in a Raptors uniform; third most in team history behind Jose Calderon (21) and Damon Stoudamire (11).
• Toronto used its 16th different starting lineup of the season March 17 at Detroit. The Raptors used 18 starting lineups in 72 games during the 2019-20 campaign. Toronto has had 12 different players start at least
one game this season. Fred VanVleet leads the team with 35 starts.
• Malachi Flynn, Patrick McCaw, Pascal Siakam and Fred VanVleet all returned to the lineup Wednesday at Detroit. Flynn, McCaw and VanVleet missed the previous five games, while Siakam was out for the last six, because of Health of Safety Protocols. OG Anunoby missed his sixth straight game against the Pistons also because of Health and Safety Protocols. Anunoby is expected to return Friday vs. Utah.
• The Raptors have lost six consecutive games (Mar. 3-17) for the first time since Dec. 3-12, 2012. Opponents are averaging 121.7 points and shooting .498 (253-508) from the field, including .397 (93-234) from three-point range, during this span. Toronto also has a -76 (277-to-353) rebounding differential over the last six contests. The last time the Raptors dropped seven in a row was Jan. 10-22, 2012 when they lost eight straight games. Toronto is six games below .500 (17-23) for the first time this season.
BOSTON (ABC4 Sports) – In the two games since returning from the All-Star break, the Utah Jazz had not been playing like the team with the best record in the NBA. 583 more wordsJazz make plays down the stretch in 117-109 victory over Boston — ABC4 Utah
Three takeaways from the Warriors’ 131-119 win over the Utah Jazz (28-10) Sunday afternoon at Chase Center. The Warriors (20-19) get back to over .500 and snap their four-game losing streak: 983 more wordsTakeaways from the Warriors’ win over the Jazz, including James Wiseman’s impact on the 2nd unit — East Bay Times
SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 Sports) – The Utah Jazz revealed their new NBA Earned Edition uniforms, that the team will debut against the Houston Rockets on March 12th. Only teams that advanced to the NBA playoffs last season qualified for the Earned Edition uniforms. The 2020-21 Utah Jazz Earned Edition brings back the green color […]Jazz to debut new uniforms to begin second half of season — ABC4 Utah
PHILADELPHIA (ABC4 Sports) – As great as the first half of the season has been for the Utah Jazz, the team is headed into the all-star break on a two-game losing streak. Donovan Mitchell scored 33 points, but got ejected from a game for the first time in his career in overtime, in a 131-123 […]Donovan Mitchell gets ejected in Jazz overtime loss to Philadelphia — ABC4 Utah
ORLANDO (ABC4 Sports) – The Utah Jazz haven’t lost two games in a row in nearly two month, and they weren’t about to begin their final road trip before the All-Star break with consecutive defeats. Donovan Mitchell scored 31 points, 25 in the second half, and Joe Ingles filled in well again at point guard in place […]Jazz bounce back with victory over Orlando, 124-109 — ABC4 Utah
Looking at individual stats reveals nothing about the Utah Jazz. They have one player among those with the 50 highest scoring averages so far this season. They have only one player among the top 50 per game in rebounding. They don’t have anyone with a top-30 assist average. And they have the NBA’s best record […]Take note: At 26-6, Utah Jazz are the NBA’s best team so far — The China Post, Taiwan