WINNIPEG JETS (27-14-3 – 57 Points) vs.
TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (28-12-4 – 60 Points)
THURSDAY, APRIL 15, 2021
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Alex Galchenyuk opened the scoring for the Maple Leafs at 3:41 of the first period. Galchenyuk’s goal is his first at Scotiabank Arena as a member of the Maple Leafs. He has six points (1-5-6) in eight games on home ice as a member of the Maple Leafs. He has two goals in six games against Winnipeg this season.
- John Tavares had the secondary assist on Galchenyuk’s first period goal and later scored the second Toronto goal of the game at 6:47 of the second period. Tonight’s game is Tavares’ second consecutive multi-point game and his 11th multi-point performance of the season. Tavares has assists (3) in two consecutive games and points (2-4-6) in four consecutive games. He has five points (2-3-5) in seven games against Winnipeg in 2020-21. He has 10 points (4-6-10) in eight games during the month of April.
- Mitch Marner registered the primary assist on Galchenyuk’s first period goal. Marner has seven points (1-6-7) over his last five games played. He has nine points (3-6-9) in seven games against the Jets this season. In 24 games on home ice, he has recorded 32 points (10 goals, 22 assists).
- Jason Spezza registered the primary assist on Tavares’ second period goal. Spezza has two points (1-1-2) over his last five games played. He has 10 points (5-5-10) in 23 games on home ice this season. He as recorded three points (1-2-3) in seven games during the month of April. Spezza is skating in his 100th game as a Maple Leaf.
- Nick Robertson had the secondary assist on Tavares’ second period goal. Robertson’s assist is his first career NHL regular season point. He has recorded 10 points (3-7-10) in 14 games with the Toronto Marlies (AHL) during the 2020-21 season.
- Jack Campbell stopped three of the six shots he faced tonight.
- David Rittich stopped 16 of the 17 shots he faced in relief of Campbell.
SHOTS ON GOAL (5-on-5 in brackets)
|WINNIPEG||8 (7)||11 (7)||5 (4)||–||24 (18)|
|TORONTO||7 (4)||11 (10)||15 (8)||–||33 (22)|
SHOT ATTEMPTS (5-on-5 in brackets)
|WINNIPEG||14 (13)||18 (14)||10 (8)||–||42 (35)|
|TORONTO||19 (14)||22 (21)||21 (11)||–||62 (46)|
NO PLACE LIKE HOME
|Record at Home||14-7-3 (24 Games)|
|All-Time Record vs. Winnipeg||38-22-1-9 (70 Games)|
|All-Time Record vs. Winnipeg at Home||19-12-1-4 (36 Games)|
MAPLE LEAFS LEADERS
|Shots||5 (Simmonds, Tavares)|
|Shot Attempts||9 (Hyman, Simmonds)|
|Faceoff Wins||14 (Tavares)|
|Faceoff Win Percentage||100% (Galchenyuk, Simmonds, Thornton)|
|Hits||3 (Five players tied)|
|Blocked Shots||2 (Brodie, Dermott, Holl)|
|Power Play TOI||4:54 (Rielly)|
|Shorthanded TOI||2:06 (Muzzin)|
|5-on-5 Shot Attempt Percentage||82.4% (Thornton – 14 for, 3 against)|
|Trail after 1||5-6-2|
|Trail after 2||2-9-1|
|Do not score a power play goal||13-9-2|
|Allow multiple power play goals||2-3-0|
- The Maple Leafs were 1-for-2 on the penalty kill and 0-for-2 on the power play tonight.
- At 4:22 of the First Period the Situation Room informed the off-ice officials to sound the in-arena horn after it was confirmed that Alex Galchenyuk’s shot at 16:19 completely crossed the Winnipeg goal line. Therefore, the clock is reset to show 16:19 (3:41 elapsed time) and good goal Toronto.
- Jake Muzzin was on the ice for a team-high 17 shot attempts for at 5-on-5. He finished the game with a 5-on-5 shot attempt percentage of 47.2 percent (17 for, 19 against).
- Morgan Rielly was the lone Maple Leaf to not start a 5-on-5 shift in the offensive zone.
- John Tavares won 100% (7 won, 0 lost) of his faceoffs in the offensive zone tonight.
- Saturday, April 17, 7:00 p.m. at Vancouver Canucks (Sportsnet, FAN 590)
- Monday, April 19, 9:00 p.m. at Vancouver Canucks (Sportsnet Ontario, FAN 590)
- Wednesday, April 21, 7:00 p.m. at Winnipeg Jets (Sportsnet, TSN 1050)
- Friday, April 23, 8:00 p.m. at Winnipeg Jets (TSN4, TSN 1050)
- Saturday, April 24, 7:00 p.m. at Winnipeg Jets (Sportsnet, TSN 1050)
Stats reflect official NHL stats at the time of distribution. Please consult official NHL game sheets (links above) to confirm no statistical changes were made.