The TorontoBlue Jays have acquired RHP Jeremy Beasley from the Arizona Diamondbacks in exchange for cash considerations. Beasley has been optioned to the club’s alternate training site. To make room on the 40-man roster, RHP Thomas Hatch has been transferred to the 60-day injured list (right elbow impingement).
Beasley, 25, made his only career Major League appearance on August 11 last season, striking out one of the three batters he faced for Arizona before he suffered a season-ending right shoulder injury. The 6-3, 235 lb. right-hander pitched in three games during 2021 Spring Training and was assigned to the Diamondbacks’ alternate training site until he was designated for assignment on April 17. The native of Lyons, GA, was a 30th round draft pick by the Los Angeles Angels in 2017 and has a 16-15 record to go with a 3.56 ERA over 68 Minor League games.
Jason Spezza (57), Joe Thornton (50), John Tavares (35)
Jason Spezza (15), Joe Thornton (12), John Tavares (11)
Jason Spezza (38), Joe Thornton (33), John Tavares (24)
Jason Spezza (53), Joe Thornton (45), John Tavares (35)
Joe Thornton (43), John Tavares (27), Nick Foligno (25)
MAPLE LEAFS – JETS TEAM STATS
GOALS FOR (Rank):
GOALS AGAINST (Rank):
POWER PLAY [%] (Rank):
29/130 [22.3%] (10th)
35/134 [26.1%] (4th)
PENALTY KILL [%] (Rank):
90/119 [75.6%] (29th)
98/122 [80.3%] (12th)
SHOTS PER GAME (Rank):
SHOTS AGAINST PER GAME (Rank):
5-on-5 SHOT ATTEMPTS FOR (Rank):
5-on-5 SHOT ATTEMPT % (Rank):
FACEOFF % (Rank):
MAPLE LEAFS – JETS NOTES
First Matchup between Clubs:
Oct. 27, 1999 (Toronto 4, Atlanta 0)
38-22-1-9 (70 Games)
All-Time Record at Home:
19-12-1-4 (36 Games)
All-Time Record on the Road:
19-10-0-5 (34 Games)
Last Win vs. Opponent on the Road:
April 2, 2021 (Toronto 2, Winnipeg 1 SO)
MAPLE LEAFS LEADERS
55 (Marner, Matthews)
POWER PLAY POINTS
13 (Marner, Matthews)
5-on-5 SHOT ATTEMPT %
TOI PER GAME
PP TOI PER GAME
SH TOI PER GAME
MAPLE LEAFS PLAYER NOTES
– Averaging 19:03 in even-strength ice time, which ranks second among Toronto skaters.- Has the highest on-ice goals-for percentage (65.2%) at 5-on-5 among Maple Leafs defencemen.- Tied for second among Maple Leafs in shifts per game (25.8).- Tied for 14th among NHL defencemen in takeaways (21).
– Is 11-2-1 with a 2.24 goals-against average and a .919 save percentage this season.- Has a 7-1-1 record with a 1.86 goals-against average and a .932 save percentage in eight games on the road this season.- Established a Maple Leafs franchise record for consecutive wins by a goaltender (10) on April 7 vs. Montreal.- Established an NHL record for consecutive wins to start a season (11) on April 10 vs. Ottawa.
– Averaging 2.04 points per 60 minutes of ice time, which ranks seventh among Toronto skaters who have appeared in over five games.- Averaging 12.53 shot attempts per 60 minutes of ice time as a Maple Leaf, which ranks 11th among Toronto skaters who have appeared in over five games.- Has a 5-on-5 shot attempt percentage of 51.7% through 16 games with the Maple Leafs.
– Tied for 17th among right handed defencemen in the NHL in time on ice at 5-on-5 (17:51).- Ranks 19th among NHL right handed defencemen who average at least 15 minutes of 5-on-5 ice time (17:51) with a shot attempt percentage of 51.9% when the score is within one goal.- Has scored both of his two goals on the road in 2020-21.
– Has a .919 save percentage and a 2.42 goals-against average with a 4-2-1 record through eight starts this season.
– Sixth among Toronto forwards in shifts per game (19.5).- Has the eighth highest points per 60 minutes at 5-on-5 (1.75) among Toronto skaters who have appeared in over five games.- Averaging 1:24 per game in shorthanded ice time, the highest mark of his career.
– Tied for third among NHLers in assists (41).- Second in the NHL in assists at 5-on-5 (23).- Tied for fourth among NHLers in points (14-41-55).- Tied for 13th in the NHL in even-strength goals (14).- Second among NHL forwards in time on ice per game (22:34).- Second in the NHL in primary assists (28).- Has the seventh highest on-ice goals for percentage (60.5%) at 5-on-5 among Toronto skaters.
– Leads the NHL in goals (33).- Tied for the NHL lead in game-winning goals (9).- Leads the NHL in even-strength goals (23).- Has scored the first goal of the game on eight occasions, which leads the NHL.- Tied for fourth among NHLers in points (33-22-55).- Tied for second in the NHL in shots on goal (174).- Second among Maple Leafs forwards in 5-on-5 shot attempt percentage (53.5%).- Became the first American born player to score 30 or more goals in each of his first five seasons on April 10 vs. Ottawa.
– Has started 36.4% of his 5-on-5 shifts in the offensive zone, which is the lowest percentage among Maple Leafs skaters who have appeared in over five games.- Averages 7.99 shots per 60 minutes of ice time at 5-on-5, which ranks seventh among Maple Leafs who have appeared in at least five games.
– Ranks 10th among NHL defencemen in takeaways (24).- Tied for 30th among NHL defencemen and sits ninth among Maple Leafs in even-strength points (1-14-15). – One of 11 NHL defencemen to have recorded at least 75 hits (83) and 75 blocked shots (77).
– Leads the Maple Leafs and is tied for 20th among NHLers in average time on ice (23:51).- Tied for 14th among NHL defencemen in points (4-26-30).- Tied for 10th among NHL defencemen in assists (26).- Tied for 11th among NHL defencemen in assists at 5-on-5 (13).- Became the sixth defenceman in franchise history to record 300 points with the club on April 13 vs. Calgary.
– Is 0-1-1 with a 3.36 goals-against average and a .877 save percentage in three appearances with Toronto.- Had a 4-7-1 record with a 2.90 goals-against average and a .904 save percentage in 15 games with Calgary prior to being acquired by Toronto on April 11.
– Has the third highest points per 60 minutes rate (2.71) at 5-on-5 among Maple Leafs who have appeared in over five games.- Has won 54.2% of his defensive zone faceoffs, which is the 15th highest percentage among NHLers who have taken at least 200 defensive zone draws (203).
– Tied for 23rd in the NHL in points (16-26-42).- Tied for 22nd in the NHL in even-strength points (10-20-30).- Has the eighth highest faceoff win percentage (56.3%) among NHLers who have taken at least 675 faceoffs (698).- Has an on-ice goals for percentage of 59.5% at 5-on-5 in 2020-21, which is eighth among Toronto skaters.- Averages 14.11 shot attempts per 60 minutes of ice time at 5-on-5, which is fifth among Toronto skaters who have appeared in at least five games.- Has recorded 24 points (9-15-24) in 22 games on the road this season.
– Has the highest 5-on-5 shot attempt percentage among Toronto skaters who have appeared in at least five games at 55.2%.- Averaging 1.20 points per 60 minutes of ice time this season, which is 10th among Toronto skaters.
CURRENT POINT STREAKS
Points (1-1-2) in two consecutive games.
Assists (3) and points (1-3-4) in two consecutive games.
Points (4-6-10) in six consecutive games.
Two games from 200 NHL games
One assist from 100 NHL assists
Three goals from 100 NHL goals
Two assists from 1,100 career NHL assists
100th NHL goal (April 18 at VAN)
100th game as a Maple Leaf (April 15 vs. WPG)
100th assist as a Maple Leaf (April 18 at VAN)
Frederik Andersen (Lower Body)
On Injured Reserve.
Zach Bogosian (Upper Body)
Left Toronto’s game on April 20 at VAN and did not return.
LOS ANGELES — Let’s test your Clippers trivia: Ivica Zubac leads the NBA in ___. Give up? It’s a relatively important category. Games played! The Clippers’ fifth-year center has played in every game this season, lacing them up for the 61st time Wednesday night against Memphis – a game in which L.A. 708 more words
If Garrett Richards could’ve gotten just one of those erratic fastballs in the strike zone, the Red Sox might’ve come away with a different result on Wednesday night. Unfortunately, Richards looks totally lost on the mound this year. To say he was erratic would be an understatement. A map of his scattered pitches on the…
The Nuggets didn’t bring in free agent guard Austin Rivers just to “hang out,” according to coach Michael Malone. A day after the Nuggets signed Rivers to a 10-day contract, Malone insisted the former Knicks guard was going to play. “His role is to come in and help this team in any way that he…