TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (3-3) vs.
MONTREAL CANADIENS (3-3)
SATURDAY, MAY 29, 2021
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Jason Spezza put the Maple Leafs on the board at 11:35 of the third period. Spezza has recorded four points (2-2-4) through six games of the series. He has registered three points (2-1-3) in three games at the Bell Centre. He has 74 points (28 goals, 46 assists) in 91 career playoff games.
- TJ Brodie scored the second Toronto goal of the game at 16:49 of the third period. Brodie’s goal is his first postseason goal as a Maple Leaf. He has recorded a goal and an assist through six games against the Canadiens. In 36 career playoff games, he has registered 17 points (5-12-17). His lone goal of the regular season came on April 7 vs. Montreal.
- Alex Kerfoot had the lone assist on Spezza’s third period goal. Kerfoot leads the Maple Leafs in assists this post season with five. He has recorded six points (1-5-6) in six games of the series. He has recorded all five of his assists in three games at Montreal. In 29 career postseason games, he has recorded 14 points (3-11-14).
- Pierre Engvall recorded the lone assist on Brodie’s third period goal. Engvall’s assist is his first career postseason assist through nine appearances in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. He had 12 points (7-5-12) in 42 games this season. Engvall had two goals in seven games against the Canadiens during the regular season.
- Jack Campbell stopped 28 shots in the loss.
SHOTS ON GOAL (5-on-5 in brackets)
|TORONTO||9 (9)||6 (6)||15 (11)||13 (13)||43 (39)|
|MONTREAL||15 (12)||6 (6)||8 (3)||2 (2)||31 (23)|
SHOT ATTEMPTS (5-on-5 in brackets)
|TORONTO||20 (15)||10 (9)||23 (19)||23 (23)||76 (66)|
|MONTREAL||26 (23)||19 (19)||15 (10)||7 (7)||67 (59)|
- The Maple Leafs were 2-for-4 on the penalty kill and 0-for-4 on the power play tonight.
- Nick Foligno was 4-for-6 (67%) when taking draws against Montreal centre Nick Suzuki.
- Auston Matthews won 73 percent (8 won, 5 lost) of his offensive zone faceoffs and 75 percent (3 won, 1 lost) of his defensive zone faceoffs.
- Jake Muzzin (lower body) left tonight’s game and did not return.
- Morgan Rielly was on the ice for a team-high 34 shot attempts for at 5-on-5. He had a 5-on-5 shot attempt percentage of 58.6 percent (34 for, 24 against).
- Wayne Simmonds was the lone Maple Leaf to not start a 5-on-5 shift in the offensive zone.
MAPLE LEAFS LEADERS
|Shot Attempts||15 (Matthews)|
|Faceoff Wins||14 (Matthews)|
|Faceoff Win Percentage||100% (Marner, Nylander)|
|Blocked Shots||5 (Rielly)|
|Power Play TOI||6:06 (Matthews)|
|Shorthanded TOI||2:51 (Holl)|
|5-on-5 Shot Attempt Percentage||80.0% (Engvall – 16 for, 4 against)|
- Monday, May 31, 7 p.m., Montreal at Toronto (Sportsnet, Sportsnet 590 The FAN)
Stats reflect official NHL stats at the time of distribution. Please consult official NHL game sheets (links above) to confirm no statistical changes were made.