FINAL SCORE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES 98, TORONTO RAPTORS 91
DATE: NOVEMBER 30, 2021 ATTENDANCE: 19,800 (Sellout)
|FINAL SCORE||RECORD||HIGH POINTS||HIGH REBOUNDS||HIGH ASSISTS|
|Memphis||98||11-10||Jackson Jr. – 25||Melton – 10||Jones – 6|
|Toronto||91||9-13||Siakam – 20||VanVleet- 9||Siakam – 5|
The Grizzlies entered the fourth quarter leading by three (70-67), and began the frame on a 14-6 run to extend their lead to 11 points (84-73) with 8:01 remaining.
Memphis outrebounded Toronto 54-44, including 18-11 on the offensive glass, and held a 26-17 advantage in second chance points.
- With the loss, Toronto falls to 9-13 this season and 2-8 at home … The Raptors will continue a season-long seven-game homestand (Nov. 28 – Dec. 13) Thursday against the Milwaukee Bucks.
- Pascal Siakam finished with team highs of 20 points and five assists, and added six rebounds in 29 minutes… Siakam has now scored 17+ points in six straight games (Nov. 19-30).
- Scottie Barnes recorded 19 points (8-16 FG, 3-6 3PT), seven rebounds and a season-high four blocks in 38 minutes … Barnes is now averaging 18.5 points over the last four (Nov. 24-30).
- Yuta Watanabe finished with a season highs of 11 points (4-9 FG, 3-8 3PT) and six rebounds in 28 minutes off the bench … Watanabe missed the first 18 games of the season with a left calf strain.
- Toronto tallied a season high-tying nine blocks in the loss.
- With the win Memphis improves to 11-10, including 4-5 on the road … Tonight’s victory also snaps a seven game winless streak in Toronto – the Grizzlies did defeat the Raptors in Tampa last season … Memphis returns home to play the Oklahoma City Thunder on Thursday.
- The Grizzlies led wire-to-wire – their largest lead of the night was 17 points midway through the second quarter.
- Jaren Jackson Jr. finished with 25 points, six rebounds and a season-high five blocks in 34 minutes … Jackson Jr. has now blocked at least one shot in a career-high 17 consecutive games – this marks the longest streak by a Grizzlies player since Marc Gasol recorded 22 straight games with a block during the end of the 2010-11 season and beginning of the 2011-12 campaign.
- Desmond Bane tallied 23 points (8-16 FG, 5-9 3PT, 2-3 FT) and seven rebounds in 33 minutes … Tonight marked the third time this season Bane tied a career high with five three-pointers … Bane scored 20+ points for the fifth times this season.
- Dillon Brooks recorded 17 points, four rebounds and career high-tying four steals in 33 minutes … Brooks has scored in double digits in all eight appearances this season … He missed the first 10 games this season recovering from a fracture to his left hand.