As evidenced by Ime Udoka’s second half rotations on Friday night in Utah, the Celtics lineup may only be starting to show its versatility. 568 more wordsJosh Richardson a versatile weapon for Celtics — Boston Herald
The Golden Knights are first in the NHL with six short-handed goals and have three in their past two games entering Sunday’s matchup against the Calgary Flames.How are Golden Knights scoring short-handed so much? — Las Vegas Review-Journal
The Kings head to Western Canada for back-to-back games against the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday and Vancouver Canucks on Monday, looking to reverse trends that have seen them on the short end of a series of close games. 611 more wordsKings head to Canada needing small fixes for big problems — Press Enterprise
LOS ANGELES — Luke Kennard scored 19 points and was most displeased. Luke Kennard scored 19 points and was, in a word, “great!” What a difference a win makes. 879 more wordsClippers’ Luke Kennard enjoys his role in victory over Lakers — Orange County Register
In addition to Ball, Terry Rozier, Mason Plumlee and Jalen McDaniels are in the protocols.LaMelo Ball, three other Hornets placed in health and safety protocols — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
NEW YORK – Nikola Jokic had the Knicks’ defense in knots. And then he did the same to the Garden faithful. Amid his monster Saturday afternoon at Madison Square Garden, Knicks fans couldn’t decide whether to boo their own team or exalt the performance from the NBA’s reigning MVP. Jokic picked New York’s defense clean,…Nikola Jokic, Zeke Nnaji power Nuggets to commanding win over Knicks — The Denver Post
2021-22 Matchups vs. Minnesota: First of Two
2020-21 Record vs. Minnesota: N/A
Next Game vs. Minnesota: Thursday, February 24 vs. Minnesota
Toronto Season Record: 17-6-1
Toronto Road Record: 7-3-0
TV: Sportsnet RADIO: Sportsnet 590
December 3, 2021
Goaltender Petr Mrázek has been assigned to the Toronto Marlies (AHL)
on an LTIR conditioning loan
December 1, 2021
Goaltender Michael Hutchinson has been recalled from the Toronto
Score: Toronto 8 vs. Colorado 3
Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2021
TOR Goals: Nylander, Spezza, Matthews (3), Dermott, Tavares, Engvall
COL Goals: Girard, Kadri (2)
TOR Goaltender: Campbell, 28/31, .903 SV%
COL Goaltender: Johansson, 33/41, .805 SV%
TOR Power Play: 0-for-2
TOR Penalty Kill: 3-for-4
Date: Sunday, December 5, 2021
Opponent: at Winnipeg Jets
Broadcast Information: TSN4 (TV), TSN 1050 (Radio)
Ondrej Kaše Upper Body
Ilya Mikheyev (Thumb) *On Injured Reserve
Man Games Lost: 27
ALL-TIME VS. MINNESOTA WILD:
First Matchup between Clubs: October 25, 2000 (Toronto 6 vs. Minnesota 1)
All-Time Record: 12-11-0-1 (24 Games)
All-Time Record at Home: 8-5-0-0 (13 Games)
All-Time Record on the Road: 4-6-0-1 (11 Games)
Last Road Win vs. Opponent: December 31, 2019 (Toronto 4 at Minnesota 1)
Record in Last Five Games: 3-2-0
Record in Last 10 Games: 4-6-0
ACTIVE LEADERS VS. MINNESOTA WILD:
Kyle Clifford (34), Jason Spezza (31), Wayne Simmonds (29), TJ Brodie
Goals: John Tavares (8), Wayne Simmonds (7), Jason Spezza (5)
Wayne Simmonds (13), Jason Spezza (10), Morgan Rielly (10), TJ Brodie
Points: Wayne Simmonds (20), John Tavares (17), Jason Spezza (15)
Kyle Clifford (33), Wayne Simmonds (23), Morgan Rielly (16), TJ Brodie
2021-22 AVERAGES AND RANKINGS
Points % GF/Game GA/Game PP% PK% SF/G SA/G FO%
Toronto .729 3.08 2.17 23.4% 85.9% 34.1 30.5 55.5%
Minnesota .717 3.74 2.91 13.5% 82.1% 33.9 30.4 48.4%
THE MAN ADVANTAGE IN 2021-22
Power Play: 15/64 (23.4%)
Power Play Goal Leader: 4 – Matthews
Power Play Point Leader: 8 – Nylander (3G, 5A)
2020-21 Power Play: 31/155 (20.0%)
ON THE PK IN 2021-22
Penalty Kill: 55/64 (85.9%)
Shorthanded Goal Leader: 1 – Marner
Shorthanded Point Leader: 1 – Marner (1G), Muzzin (1A)
2020-21 Penalty Kill: 113/144 (78.5%)
Saturday games 7th of 22 (10 home, 12 road)
Back-to-Backs played 4 of 13
Record in first game of back-to-back 2-2-0
Record in second game of back-to-back 2-2-0
December games 2nd of 13 (6 home, 7 road)
TJ BRODIE Appeared in his 700th career NHL game, Nov. 2, 2021 vs. VGK
JACK CAMPBELL Appeared in his 100th career NHL game, Nov. 16 vs. NSH
JACK CAMPBELL Recorded his 50th career NHL win, Nov. 18 vs. NYR
PIERRE ENGVALL Appeared in his 100th career NHL game, Nov. 2, 2021 vs. VGK
ONDREJ KAŠE Recorded his 100th career NHL point, Nov. 10, 2021 at PHI
ALEXANDER KERFOOT Appeared in his 300th career NHL game, Nov. 26 at SJS
Recorded his 200th career NHL goal, Oct. 25 at CAR. Per NHL Stats,
Matthews required the second-fewest games to reach 200 goals in Maple
Leafs history among players who debuted with the team, trailing only
Charlie Conacher (317 games)
MORGAN RIELLY Recorded his 250th career NHL assist, Oct. 27 at CHI
WAYNE SIMMONDS Skated in his 950th career NHL game, Oct. 16 vs. OTT
JASON SPEZZA Skated in his 1,200th career NHL game, Nov. 28 at ANA
JOHN TAVARES Recorded his 200th point with the Maple Leafs, Oct. 18 vs. NYR
JOHN TAVARES Scored his 100th goal with the Maple Leafs, Nov. 13 at BUF
TJ BRODIE One goal away from 50 career NHL goals
TRAVIS DERMOTT One point away from 50 career NHL points
JUSTIN HOLL Nine points away from 50 career NHL points
ONDREJ KAŠE Two goals away from 50 career NHL goals
DAVID KÄMPF Five assists away from 50 career NHL assists
ILYA MIKHEYEV Seven games away from 100 career NHL games played
MORGAN RIELLY Four games away from 600 career NHL games played
JOHN TAVARES Seven games away from 900 career NHL games played
2021-22 TEAM LEADERS
GOALS 13 – Matthews BLOCKED SHOTS 37 – Holl
ASSISTS 15 – Marner TAKEAWAYS 27 – Marner
POINTS 25 – Tavares (11G, 14A) HITS 60 – Ritchie
POWER PLAY POINTS 8 – Nylander (3G, 5A) TOI PER GAME 24:03 – Rielly
SHORTHANDED POINTS 1 – Marner (1G), Muzzin (1A) PP TOI PER GAME 3:01 – Marner
PIMs 19 – Ritchie SH TOI PER GAME 2:33 – Muzzin
SHOTS 93 – Matthews WINS 13 – Campbell
FACEOFF% 60.0% – Marner GOALS-AGAINST AVERAGE 1.67 – Woll
SHOT ATTEMPTS% 56.2% – Bunting SAVE PERCENTAGE .943 – Campbell
RECORD BY MONTH
OCTOBER NOVEMBER DECEMBER JANUARY FEBRUARY
HOME 3-1-1 6-2-0 1-0-0 0-0-0 0-0-0
AWAY 1-3-0 6-0-0 0-0-0 0-0-0 0-0-0
TOTAL 4-4-1 12-2-0 1-0-0 0-0-0 0-0-0
HOME 0-0-0 0-0-0
AWAY 0-0-0 0-0-0
TOTAL 0-0-0 0-0-0
RECORD BY DAY
SUNDAY MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY
2-0-0 0-2-1 2-0-0 5-0-0 2-1-0 2-1-0 4-2-0
UPCOMING GAMES (all times Central)
12/7 at EDM 8 p.m. – BSN, KFAN 100.3 FM
12/9 at SJ 9:30 p.m. – BSN, KOOL 107.9 FM
12/11 at LA 9:30 p.m. – BSN, KFAN 100.3 FM
Frederick Gaudreau (NHL COVID-19 protocol) – 2
Jared Spurgeon (lower body) – 6
2021-22 Total Man Games Lost: 26
Kevin Fiala – 94 career goals
Marcus Foligno – 95 career goals
Jordan Greenway – 91 career points
Mats Zuccarello – 298 career assists
SERIES NOTES VS. MAPLE LEAFS
All-Time Wild Record: 12-12-0 (7-4-0 at Xcel Energy Center, 5-8-0 at Toronto)
2019-20: The Wild fell in its first meeting against the Maple Leafs, 4-2, at Scotiabank Arena (10/15/19) and dropped its second meeting, 4-1, at Xcel
Energy Center (12/31/19)…D Ryan Suter led the Wild with two points (1-1=2)…C Luke Kunin and RW Gerald Mayhew each scored a goal…G Devan
Dubnyk went 0-2-0 with a 3.58 GAA and .887 SV% in two starts…RW Mitchell Marner (1-3=4) and D Morgan Rielly (0-4=4) led the Maple Leafs with
four points each…C Auston Matthews (2-1=3) and C John Tavares (2-1=3) tallied three points apiece…G Frederik Andersen went 2-0-0 with a 1.50
GAA and a .946 SV% in two starts.
WILD LEADERS: RW Mats Zuccarello leads the Wild with 22 points (10-12=22) in 19 contests against Toronto…D Dmitry Kulikov owns 12 points (5-
7=12) in 28 games…D Alex Goligoski has 11 assists in 23 matches…LW Marcus Foligno owns 11 points (3-8=11) in 28 contests…C Nick Bjugstad
has 10 points (6-4=10) in 21 games.
WILD GOALIES: G Cam Talbot is 4-2-1 with a 2.80 GAA and a .905 SV% in eight games (seven starts) vs. the Maple Leafs…G Kaapo Kahkonen has
not faced Toronto.
MAPLE LEAFS LEADERS: RW Wayne Simmonds leads the Maple Leafs with 20 points (7-13=20) in 29 career games against Minnesota…Tavares
owns 17 points (8-9=17) in 17 matches…C Jason Spezza has 15 points (5-10=15) in 31 contests.
MAPLE LEAFS GOALIES: G Michael Hutchinson is 4-5-1 with a 2.60 GAA and a .908 SV% in 11 games (seven starts) vs. the Wild…G Petr Mrazek
is 3-2-0 with a 2.38 GAA and a .917 SV% in five starts…D Jack Campbell is 0-2-0 with a 2.05 GAA and a .915 SV% in two starts…G Joseph Woll has
not faced Minnesota.
CONNECTIONS: Wild Assistant Coach Darby Hendrickson was selected by Toronto in the 1990 NHL Draft and skated in 233 games with the Maple
Leafs (1994-99)…RW Joey Anderson hails from Roseville and played two seasons at University of Minnesota Duluth (2016-18)…D Justin Holl hails
from Tonka Bay and skated in four seasons with the University of Minnesota (2010-14).
FAST FACTS: Minnesota is 9-4-0 in its last 13 games against Toronto, including a seven-game win streak (11/13/13-12/7/16)…The Wild has scored
one goal or less in eight of its 12 all-time losses to the Maple Leafs…In its 12 wins, Minnesota has outscored Toronto, 38-17, including a Wild shootout
TOTAL TEAM EFFORT
- Minnesota is on a season-high six-game point streak (5-0-1) since Nov. 21 and is on a season-high five-game win streak since Nov. 24. The five-game
win streak is tied for the second-longest active win streak in the NHL.
- The Wild leads the Central Division with 16 wins and 33 points. The Wild also ranks T-1st in the Western Conference in wins and points.
- Minnesota’s 33 points after 23 games is the team’s best start in franchise history.
- The Wild ranks second in the NHL with 86 goals this season. Per NHL stats, the 86 goals are the most goals through the team’s first 23 games in a
- Minnesota has netted four-plus goals in 12 of its last 15 games and leads the NHL in goals since Nov. 2 (64).
- The Wild ranks T-2nd in the NHL with 13 four-plus goal contests this season (FLA, 14).
- Minnesota defensemen have totaled 67 points (16-51=67) this season. Minnesota ranks second in the NHL in assists and scoring and is T-3rd in goals
Minnesota Wild: Media Notes
HOME SWEET HOME
- Minnesota concludes its five-game homestand Saturday – its second-longest homestand of the season.
- The Wild is on season-best five-game home win streak, ranking T-4th for longest active home win streak in the League (DAL, 7).
- Minnesota has outscored its opponents, 28-9, in its five-game home win streak. Per NHL Stats, the 28 goals are a franchise record for most goals in
five straight home games.
- Minnesota is 9-2-0 at Xcel Energy Center this season, ranking T-3rd in the NHL in home wins.
- The Wild has scored four-plus goals in all nine of its wins, outscoring opponents, 48-23. Minnesota ranks second in the NHL with 51 home goals.
- Minnesota has won three of its 11 home games this season in overtime – ranking T-1st in the NHL in home OT wins (Florida).
- The Wild is 30-7-2 at Xcel Energy Center since the start of the 2020-21 season and ranks second in the NHL in home wins and home points (62) and
third in point percentage (.795).
A WHOLE LOT OF HART
- Ryan Hartman tied his season-high three points Thursday (1-2=3) to extend his point streak to a career-high five games (4-4=8). The five-game point
streak is also the longest by a Wild player this season.
- He has tallied six goals in the last eight games and owns 19 points (11-8=19) in the last 17 games, ranking T-1st in the NHL in plus/minus rating (+17),
third in EVP (18) and T-5th in goals since Oct. 28.
- The winger leads the Wild in goals (T-8th in NHL), GWG (T-3rd in NHL), plus/minus rating (+22, first in NHL), and shots and is second in scoring.
- He ranks third in the NHL with 12 even strength goals this season.
- His four GWG tie his career high set in 76 games during the 2016-17 season.
- The forward netted a goal in three straight games, Nov. 24-28, tying his career-best three-game goal streak for the second time.
- The 27-year-old scored his first overtime goal in a Wild sweater Oct. 23 vs. ANA – his second career OT goal.
KIRILL THE THRILL
- Kirill Kaprizov collected three points (2-1=3) Thursday night to extend his point streak to a season-high four games (4-6=10). It marked his 20th
career multi-point game, seventh this season.
- The forward has 17 points (6-11=17) in the last eight games, leading the NHL in assists, scoring, plus/minus rating (+15) and EVP (16), ranks T-2nd in
EVG (6) and T-4th in goals.
- The Russian native leads the Wild in assists (T-8th in NHL), scoring (T-5th in NHL) and multi-point games, ranks T-2nd in goals and PPP (4) and third
in shots this season.
- He ranks T-2nd in the NHL with 24 even strength points.
- He has recorded a career-best four points twice this season (11/18 &11/26) while tying his career highs in assists (3) and plus/minus rating (+4) in each
of those contests.
- The 24-year-old ranks fifth in franchise history in OT goals – three of his five career GWG goals have come in overtime.
THE GOOSE IS LOOSE
- Alex Goligoski tallied two assists Thursday vs. NJ for his 79th career multi-point game, fourth this season.
- He owns 10 points (2-8=10) and a plus-13 rating in his last eight games. He ranks second in the NHL in plus/minus rating and third in scoring amongst
NHL defensemen since Nov. 18.
- He owns 13 points (2-11=13) in the last 15 games, ranking T-3rd amongst NHL defensemen in scoring since Nov. 6.
- The blueliner collected a season-high three points (1-2=3) Nov. 18 vs. DAL, tied for his third-most points in a single game. He also registered a seasonhigh plus-4 rating.
- The 36-year-old leads team defensemen in scoring this season. He ranks second on the team in assists and third in EVP (14).
FLASHING THE GLOVE
- Cam Talbot ranks T-2nd in the NHL with 12 wins this season.
- He has stopped 98 of 103 shots faced for a 1.62 GAA and a .951 SV% in his last three starts.
- The backstop reached 10 wins in his first 15 starts of a single season for the second time in his career (2013-14).
- He recorded his fourth career assist vs. TB (11/28) and became the ninth Wild goaltender to tally an assist in team history.
- The 34-year-old stopped a season-high 40-of-42 shots at NJ (11/24). He is 9-2-2 in his career when stopping 40-plus shots in a game.
- The Caledonia, Ontario native, started the season 5-0-0 for the first time in his career. He became the second goaltender in franchise history to start a
season 5-0-0 – Manny Fernandez won his first six starts in 2002-03.
- Mats Zuccarello tallied an assist in his return to the lineup Thursday after missing the previous two games with an upper-body injury.
- The winger owns four points (2-2=4) in his last three games and eight points (3-5=8) in the last six contests.
- He recorded three points (1-2=3) Nov. 18 vs. DAL, his third multi-point game of the season and 25th career three-plus point contest. He also tied his
career high in plus/minus rating (+4).
- He ranks second on the team in plus/minus rating, T-2nd in multi-point games, third in scoring, T-3rd in EVG (6) and fourth in assists.
- The Norwegian has collected five of his 11 assists on the power play to lead the Wild in PPP.
- Marcus Foligno saw his three-game point streak, including a two-game goal streak come to an end Thursday.
- The winger sits one goal shy of reaching 10-plus goals for the third consecutive season – a first in his career.
- He owns five points (4-1=5) in the last seven games and leads the Wild in hits, ranks second in PPG and PIM, T-2nd in goals and T-5th in scoring.
- He set a career high in PPG Nov. 21 at TB, netting his third of the season.
- The Buffalo native, netted the GWG at ANA (10/15) with eight seconds remaining in regulation.
- Per NHL Stats, his goal at 19:52 of the third period marked the latest go-ahead goal in franchise history, besting the previous mark of 19:44 set by Jim
Dowd on Jan. 21, 2004. Foligno also became the third player in NHL history to score a go-ahead goal in the final 10 seconds of regulation in his team’s
season opener: Steve Yzerman (2003-04 with DET, 19:58) and Dustin Penner (2008-09 with EDM, 19:54
Luka Doncic often complains to the officials, Jason Kidd would like him to get back on defense.Jason Kidd calls out Luka Doncic for complaining to officials too much — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
“I want us to be more competitive in every game. I don’t feel like we do that, and it concerns me.”Billups again rips Trail Blazers players: “I want us to compete harder” — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Anthony Edwards was not good in the Timberwolves’ 110-105 loss in Brooklyn on Friday. The second-year standout committed eight turnovers. Many of them were “just loose and kind of sloppy,” Minnesota coach Chris Finch said. A couple of those, Edwards noted, he dribbled off his foot. Another time he missed Malik Beasley on a cut.…Anthony Edwards takes accountability after latest Timberwolves’ loss — Twin Cities
Stephen Curry bounced back from one of the worst shooting nights of his career and scored 23 points.Warriors, Curry bounce back, snap Suns’ win streak at 18 — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
FINAL SCORE: TORONTO RAPTORS 97, MILWAUKEE BUCKS 93
DATE: DECEMBER 2, 2021 ATTENDANCE: 19,800 (Sellout)
|FINAL SCORE||RECORD||HIGH POINTS||HIGH REBOUNDS||HIGH ASSISTS|
|Milwaukee||93||14-9||Holiday – 26||Portis Jr. – 11||Holiday – 8|
|Toronto||97||10-13||VanVleet – 29||3 players – 8||3 players – 4|
Toronto went on a 6-0 run beginning at the 4:34 mark in the fourth quarter to extend its lead to eight with 2:16 left in the game … Milwaukee would cut the lead to two with six seconds remaining.
Toronto entered the fourth quarter leading 73-68, and with the win improve to 8-2 when leading after three quarters of play … Fred VanVleet’s 26-point second half also marks the most points scored through in a half by a Raptor this season.
- With the win, Toronto improves to 10-13 this season and 3-8 at home … The Raptors have now won three consecutive games against the Bucks for the first time since 2016-2017 … Toronto will continue a seven-game homestand (Nov. 28 – Dec. 13), the longest of the season, Sunday against the Washington Wizards.
- Fred VanVleet finished with a team-high 29 points (9-17 FG, 5-10 3PT, 6-6 FT) and added five rebounds and four assists in 39 minutes … VanVleet has led the Raptors in scoring in three of last four games … He has recorded 15+ points in six straight contests (Nov.21-Dec.1), shooting 48-99 (.485) from the field during this stretch.
- Pascal Siakam tallied 20 points, eight rebounds, and four assists in 35 minutes … Siakam has now scored 20+ points in two consecutive games (Nov. 30- Dec. 1) and 17+ points in seven straight games (Nov. 19-Dec. 1) … He has also led (or tied) the Raptors in assists in four straight games (Nov. 26-Dec. 1).
- Scottie Barnes recorded 13 points, seven rebounds, four assists and three steals in 39 minutes … Barnes has now grabbed 7+ rebounds in seven consecutive games (Nov. 19-Dec. 1) … He has also scored 3+ three-pointers in three straight contests, shooting .476 (10-for-21) from beyond the arc during this stretch.
- With the loss Milwaukee falls to 14-9, including 7-5 on the road … The loss also snaps Milwaukee’s eight-game winning streak … The Bucks return home to play the Miami Heat on Saturday night.
- Jrue Holiday tallied a season-high 26 points (10-19 FG 4-5 3PT 2-5 FT) and added six rebounds and eight assists in 37 minutes … Tonight marked just the second time this season that Holiday has led the Bucks in scoring.
- Khris Middleton scored 22 points and added eight rebounds in 35 minutes … Middleton has now scored 20+ points in back-to-back games.
- Bobby Portis Jr. recorded 15 points and 11 rebounds in 30 minutes for his seventh double-double of the season … Portis Jr. has now scored in double digits in a career-high 14 consecutive games.
- Tonight’s loss marks the first time in 45 games that Milwaukee has lost when holding opponents under 100 points … The Bucks’ winning streak, dating back to Dec. 25, 2018, was the longest active streak in the NBA.
|2021-22 SEASON-SERIES||ALL-TIME RECORDS|
|DATE||SITE||RESULT||RAPTORS WINS||BUCKS WINS|