“It wasn’t a pretty one but, for us, we’ll take it,” Harris said. “But we have to get better in a lot of areas.”Tobias Harris Has First Career Triple-Double As Sixers Beat Raptors — CBS Philly
The Jazz slide up to second, the Suns fall to third.NBA Power Rankings: Warriors reclaim top spot after Christmas win — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
By DOUG FEINBERG Candace Parker wrestled with the decision to make a huge change in her life and leave Los Angeles — where she had played her entire WNBA career — and head home to Chicago. In the end, the appeal of a homecoming was too much for Parker to ignore, and it couldn’t have…Chicago Sky forward Candace Parker is The AP Female Athlete of the Year for 2021 — Press Telegram
Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson returned to practice Wednesday, raising hopes that he’ll be ready to return for Sunday’s pivotal game against the Los Angeles Rams. Jackson hadn’t practiced since the Ravens’ Week 14 loss to the Cleveland Browns on Dec. 12, when he was carted off the field with an ankle injury. He was also…After missing 2 games with ankle injury, Ravens QB Lamar Jackson returns to practice Wednesday — Twin Cities
Add rookie guard Brandon Boston Jr. to the COVID-19 health and safety protocols, the Clippers announced Wednesday morning. Boston is the sixth Clippers player this season – and fourth, currently – to fall under that designation for a team that’s also been ravaged by injuries unrelated to COVID-19. His addition to the Clippers’ injury report…Clippers rookie Brandon Boston Jr. enters COVID-19 protocols — Daily Breeze
Jonathan Marchessault had two goals and an assist, and the Golden Knights returned from the holiday break with a victory over the Los Angeles Kings at Crypto.com Arena.Golden Knights rout Kings, take over 1st in Western Conference — Las Vegas Review-Journal
Denver held on for dear life, and despite a late Steph Curry eruption, it was enough. Nikola Jokic swatted Warriors rookie Jonathan Kuminga with 3.7 seconds left in regulation, and the Nuggets survived, 89-86, in a Tuesday night thriller. The layup attempt would’ve tied the game at 88, yet Jokic’s defensive stop helped ensure the…Nuggets avoid collapse with thrilling win over Warriors — The Denver Post
it’s 3,000 and counting with Curry.Watch Stephen Curry become first player ever with 3,000 3-pointers — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
TORONTO POSTGAME VIDEO: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2j8fgl17gig3szo/AAB_ze09Pd9gbmQ4iXZXs3URa?dl=0
|TORONTO RAPTORSPOSTGAME NOTES|
FINAL SCORE: PHILADELPHIA 76ERS 114, TORONTO RAPTORS 109
DATE: DECEMBER 28, 2021 ATTENDANCE: 6,960
|FINAL SCORE||RECORD||HIGH POINTS||HIGH REBOUNDS||HIGH ASSISTS|
|Philadelphia||114||18-16||Embiid – 36||Harris – 12||Harris – 10|
|Toronto||109||14-17||Siakam/Boucher – 28||Boucher – 19||Siakam – 8|
Philadelphia went on a 12-4 run at the start of the fourth quarter to extend its lead to 12, 95-83, with 8:38 remaining – the largest of the game … The Raptors would regain the lead with 1:08 left, but the Sixers would hold Toronto scoreless over its final three possessions.
Joel Embiid finished with 36 points and 11 rebounds in 34 minutes, becoming the first Sixers player to post 35 points and 10 rebounds in three consecutive road games (Dec. 20-28) since Charles Barkley in January 1991.
- With the loss, Toronto falls to 14-17 this season and 7-10 at home … The Raptors continue a four-game homestand (Dec. 28 – Jan. 4) Friday against the Los Angeles Clippers.
- Chris Boucher tallied a season-best 28 points and a career high-tying 19 rebounds in 38 minutes for his second double-double of the season … Tonight marks just the fourth time Boucher has collected 15+ rebounds … His 19 rebounds was the most collected by a Raptor in a game this season.
- Pascal Siakam finished with 28 points, six rebounds and a season-high eight assists in 42 minutes … Siakam has now scored 15+ points in three straight games played (Dec. 13-28) … He is averaging 23.0 points and shooting .544 (31-for-57) from the field during this stretch … Siakam made his first start since Dec. 14 after missing two games (Dec.18-26) in the NBA’s Health and Safety Protocols.
- Gary Trent Jr. scored 19 points and added a career-high seven assists in 41 minutes … Trent Jr. returned to the lineup for the first time since Dec. 18 after missing one game in the league’s Health and Safety Protocols.
- With the win, Philadelphia improves to 18-16, including 12-8 on the road … Tonight’s victory also snaps a 15-game winless streak at Scotiabank Arena dating back to the 2012-2013 season, the Sixers did defeat Toronto last year in Tampa … Philadelphia will complete this three-game road trip (Dec. 26-30) Thursday against the Brooklyn Nets.
- Joel Embiid finished with 36 points, 11 rebounds in 34 minutes for his fourth consecutive double-double (Dec. 20-26) … During this stretch, Embiid is averaging 33.0 points, 11.0 rebounds and is shooting .530 (43-for-81) from the field … The last time Embiid recorded four straight double-doubles was April 14-21, 2021.
- Tobias Harris tallied 19 points, a season-high 12 rebounds and 10 assists in 36 minutes for his first career triple-double … The last time Philadelphia recorded a triple-double was Ben Simmons (Mar. 17, 2021 vs. Milwaukee).
- Georges Niang recorded 19 points (7-10 FG, 5-8 3PT) and added three rebounds in 22 minutes … Niang helped Philadelphia’s bench outscore Toronto’s reserves 35-18.
|2021-22 SEASON-SERIES||ALL-TIME RECORDS|
|DATE||SITE||RESULT||RAPTORS WINS||76ERS WINS|
|12/28/2021||Toronto||L 114-109||at Toronto:||32||18|