TORONTO MARLIES (32-25-3-1 – 68 Points) vs.
MANITOBA MOOSE (36-20-4-2 – 78 Points)
SUNDAY, APRIL 3, 2022
Toronto: N. Robertson (9) (J. Blandisi, A. Steeves), B. McMann (19) SH (Unassisted), C. Krys (1) (M. Hollowell)
Goaltender: B. Christopoulos (24/28) L
Manitoba: N. Jones (9) PP (C. Suess, D. Stewart), J. Kovaceiv (11) (D. Stewart, N. Jones), B. Lynch (7) (A. Poganski, D. Samberg), D. Gustafsson (14) PP (J. Malott, L. Gawanke)
Goaltender: M. Berdin (28/31) W
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Nick Robertson opened the scoring at 10:22 of the first period. He has five points (4 goals, 1 assists) in four of his last five games.
- Bobby McMann scored shorthanded at 19:07 of the first period. This was his second shorthanded goal of the season. McMann has 28 points (19 goals, 9 assists) in 52 games.
- Chad Krys scored at 8:51 of the second period. This was his first goal with the Marlies. He has seven points (1 goal, 6 assists) in 35 games this season.
- Joseph Blandisi recorded the primary assist on Robertson’s first period goal. He has 23 points (8 goals, 15 assists) in 32 games with the Marlies.
- Alex Steeves had the secondary assist on Robertson’s first period goal. He is 11th overall amongst rookies in points (20-21-41).
- Mac Hollowell picked up the lone assist on Krys’ second period goal. He has 22 points (5 goals, 17 assists) in 36 games this season.
- Billy Christopoulos stopped 24 of 28 shots he faced.
- Toronto has scored 11 shorthanded goals this season which is tied for third overall in the league.
- The Marlies went 2-for-4 on the penalty kill and 0-for-3 on the power play. Toronto is 9-15-2-1 when not scoring on the power play and 17-8-2-1 when allowing a goal on the penalty kill.
- Toronto had a 31-28 edge in shots in all situations. Bobby McMann led the Marlies with seven shots on goal. Toronto is 12-6-1-0 when outshooting their opponents.
- The Marlies are 6-4-0-0 against Central Division opponents and finish the season 1-3-0-0 against the Moose. Manitoba outscored Toronto 15-3 through four games.
Scoring first 24-8-1-1
Leading after 1 16-5-2-1
Tied after 2 5-4-0-0
On the road 17-12-1-0
|MARLIES LEADERS *Amongst active players|
Goals 21 (J. Anderson)
Assists 39 (J. Duszak)
Points 47 (B. Seney)
PPG 7 (J. Anderson, A. Steeves)
Shots 143 (A. Steeves)
+/- +13 (B. Seney)
PIMS 101 (R. Clune)
HEAD COACH GREG MOORE
On today’s game:
It’s been a long road trip and in different ways if we’re looking at the four games, this was one of the three that we executed really well as a team. Obviously, we didn’t come out with the points that we needed and wanted right now but our team gave in a good effort today.
On the four-game road trip:
We definitely went through some things that were unexpected during the trip and the team stepped up in big ways. Today was a good way to cap it off just in terms of what our process is, the intensity and passion and competitiveness that our team played with.
CHAD KRYS (1 GOAL)
On today’s game:
I liked our effort today. After the last game, we didn’t really bring much of anything so I liked the way we showed up today. A little bit unlucky getting scored on a power play in the third on a delay of game but I liked our effort today and hopefully we can roll a couple.
*All times Eastern Standard Time
April 6 vs. Syracuse – 7:00 p.m.
April 9 vs. Grand Rapids – 4:00 p.m.
April 10 vs. Grand Rapids – 4:00 p.m.
April 15 vs. Hartford – 7:00 p.m.
April 16 at Syracuse – 7:00 p.m.