It was surrounding Embiid’s return to the court.76ers fined $50,000 for “violating league injury reporting rules” — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
“I didn’t understand what happened and what led up to that whole situation. To this day, I don’t understand.”Joel Embiid on Simmons’ exit: “I just didn’t understand what was going on” — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
“I’m trying to win a championship. Whatever that’s going to help me achieve that, I’m fine with whatever.”Embiid on (very slim) chance Simmons could return to 76ers: “I’m fine with whatever” — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
James Harden is reportedly frustrated with the Nets and can become an unrestricted free agent this summer.Kendrick Perkins: James Harden’s camp wants him to join Joel Embiid on 76ers next season — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Jokic had an MVP-level performance. Embiid’s play could push him into that conversation.Three Things to Know: Who did it better: Embiid with 50 or Jokic with 49 in triple-double? — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Joel Embiid has been playing like an MVP lately.Kyle Kuzma dunks right on Joel Embiid (video) — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
TORONTO POSTGAME VIDEO: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2j8fgl17gig3szo/AAB_ze09Pd9gbmQ4iXZXs3URa?dl=0
|TORONTO RAPTORSPOSTGAME NOTES|
FINAL SCORE: PHILADELPHIA 76ERS 114, TORONTO RAPTORS 109
DATE: DECEMBER 28, 2021 ATTENDANCE: 6,960
|FINAL SCORE||RECORD||HIGH POINTS||HIGH REBOUNDS||HIGH ASSISTS|
|Philadelphia||114||18-16||Embiid – 36||Harris – 12||Harris – 10|
|Toronto||109||14-17||Siakam/Boucher – 28||Boucher – 19||Siakam – 8|
Philadelphia went on a 12-4 run at the start of the fourth quarter to extend its lead to 12, 95-83, with 8:38 remaining – the largest of the game … The Raptors would regain the lead with 1:08 left, but the Sixers would hold Toronto scoreless over its final three possessions.
Joel Embiid finished with 36 points and 11 rebounds in 34 minutes, becoming the first Sixers player to post 35 points and 10 rebounds in three consecutive road games (Dec. 20-28) since Charles Barkley in January 1991.
- With the loss, Toronto falls to 14-17 this season and 7-10 at home … The Raptors continue a four-game homestand (Dec. 28 – Jan. 4) Friday against the Los Angeles Clippers.
- Chris Boucher tallied a season-best 28 points and a career high-tying 19 rebounds in 38 minutes for his second double-double of the season … Tonight marks just the fourth time Boucher has collected 15+ rebounds … His 19 rebounds was the most collected by a Raptor in a game this season.
- Pascal Siakam finished with 28 points, six rebounds and a season-high eight assists in 42 minutes … Siakam has now scored 15+ points in three straight games played (Dec. 13-28) … He is averaging 23.0 points and shooting .544 (31-for-57) from the field during this stretch … Siakam made his first start since Dec. 14 after missing two games (Dec.18-26) in the NBA’s Health and Safety Protocols.
- Gary Trent Jr. scored 19 points and added a career-high seven assists in 41 minutes … Trent Jr. returned to the lineup for the first time since Dec. 18 after missing one game in the league’s Health and Safety Protocols.
- With the win, Philadelphia improves to 18-16, including 12-8 on the road … Tonight’s victory also snaps a 15-game winless streak at Scotiabank Arena dating back to the 2012-2013 season, the Sixers did defeat Toronto last year in Tampa … Philadelphia will complete this three-game road trip (Dec. 26-30) Thursday against the Brooklyn Nets.
- Joel Embiid finished with 36 points, 11 rebounds in 34 minutes for his fourth consecutive double-double (Dec. 20-26) … During this stretch, Embiid is averaging 33.0 points, 11.0 rebounds and is shooting .530 (43-for-81) from the field … The last time Embiid recorded four straight double-doubles was April 14-21, 2021.
- Tobias Harris tallied 19 points, a season-high 12 rebounds and 10 assists in 36 minutes for his first career triple-double … The last time Philadelphia recorded a triple-double was Ben Simmons (Mar. 17, 2021 vs. Milwaukee).
- Georges Niang recorded 19 points (7-10 FG, 5-8 3PT) and added three rebounds in 22 minutes … Niang helped Philadelphia’s bench outscore Toronto’s reserves 35-18.
|2021-22 SEASON-SERIES||ALL-TIME RECORDS|
|DATE||SITE||RESULT||RAPTORS WINS||76ERS WINS|
|12/28/2021||Toronto||L 114-109||at Toronto:||32||18|
“We approached the game too casually,” Doc Rivers said.Watch Embiid miss clean look to tie game, Hawks beat 76ers 98-96 — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Charlotte played without five players, including starters Lamelo Ball and Terry Rozier because of NBA health and safety protocols.Watch Dominant Embiid score career-high 43, 76ers beat Hornets in OT — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
MILWAUKEE (AP) — All-Stars Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons have been ruled out for Philadelphia’s game at the Milwaukee Bucks on Saturday. After initially sending out a starting lineup that included Embiid, the 76ers announced that their star center would miss the game. Embiid had been listed as questionable with a sore right shoulder. This […]76ers missing Embiid, Simmons for matchup with Bucks — The China Post, Taiwan
In February, Embiid donated $100,000 to three local organizations — Youth Services, Inc., Project Home, and the Sunday Breakfast Mission.Joel Embiid Receives NBA Cares Community Assist Award After Donating $100,000 To Combat Youth Homelessness — CBS Philly
Philadelphia 76ers teammates Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons were ruled out of Sunday’s NBA All-Star Game after being flagged by coronavirus contact tracing, a development that prompted some players to question again why the exhibition was being played during a pandemic.Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons To Miss All-Star Game Over COVID-19 Contact Tracing — CBS Philly