WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11, 2020
Toronto: G. Wilson (10) (T. Kivihalme)
Goaltender: J. Woll (20/23)
Bridgeport: T. St. Denis (12) (S. Holmstrom, G. Hutton), K. Bellows (21) (O. Wahlstrom, P. Wotherspoon), K. Bellows (22) SH (S. Helgeson), T. St. Denis (13) (S. Holmstrom, N. Schilkey)
Goaltender: C. Gibson (44/45)
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Garrett Wilson put the Marlies on the board at 3:37 of the third period. Wilson has 20 points (10 goals, 10 assists) through 51 games this season.
- Teemu Kivihalme recorded the lone assist on Wilson’s third period goal. Kivihalme has points (1-1-2) in consecutive games. Kivihalme has 18 points (4 goals, 14 assists) in 55 games this season.
- Joseph Woll stopped 20 of 23 shots he faced. Woll is now 11-16-3-2 on the season with a .880 save percentage and a 3.75 goals against average.
- Toronto was 3-for-3 on the penalty kill and 0-for-4 on the power play.
- Toronto had a 45-24 edge in shots in all situations. Toronto recorded their most shots in a period (25) in the third period and tied the most shots in a game (45). Garrett Wilson led the Marlies with eight shots on goal.
- The Marlies are 2-4-0-1 against Atlantic Division opponents and 0-1-0-0 against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.
REGULAR SEASON LEADERS
- Goals: K. Agostino (27)
- Assists: J. Bracco (30)
- Points: K. Agostino (49)
- PPG: K. Agostino (9)
- Shots: P. Aberg (150)
- +/-: E. Korshkov (+11)
- PIMS: G. Wilson (81)
- The Marlies are 9-15-1-0 when trailing after the first period and 5-20-2-1 when trailing after the second period.
- Toronto is 11-11-2-0 when outshooting their opponent.
- The Marlies are 3-5-0-0 in Wednesday games and are 2-3-0-0 in March.
CURRENT POINT STREAKS
- Teemu Kivihalme has points (1-1-2) in consecutive games.
- Adam Brooks (concussion) did not dress for tonight’s game against Bridgeport. He left Toronto’s game against Belleville on February 15 and did not return.
- Kasimir Kaskisuo (hand) did not dress for tonight’s game against Bridgeport.
- Kalle Kossila (migraines) did not dress for tonight’s game against Bridgeport.
- March 9: Released defenceman Garrett Johnston from PTO.
- March 9: Returned defenceman Michael Kapla on loan to Newfoundland (ECHL).
- March 9: Returned defenceman Sergei Sapego on loan to Newfoundland (ECHL).
- March 6: Returned defenceman Timothy Liljegren on loan from Toronto (NHL).
- March 6: Signed defenceman Garrett Johnston to PTO.
- March 5: Returned forward Giorgio Estephan on loan to Newfoundland (ECHL).
HEAD COACH GREG MOORE
On whether he was satisfied with the shot selection (45 shots):
No, I don’t think our staff is really concerned at all as to what the shots were. Our team just finds a way to want an easy game. The inconsistency we’ve talked about for a very long time now. They wanted an easy game in the first period, couldn’t find it in the second and it’s not a lack of executing our game plan, they just don’t want to work. They worked hard in the third period because they wanted to make a push to come back but hockey karma, they don’t want to play the right way in the first and that’s what happens.
On what changes can be made in-game by the coaching staff:
Change up lines. As a staff, we’re so frustrated. We’ve gone up and down the ladder of different things that we can do try to do to motivate them to want to work hard consistently. At the end of the day, they’ve got to want to play hard for each other and it doesn’t seem like they want to do that right now.
March 13 at Hershey – 7:00 p.m. ET
March 14 at Lehigh Valley – 7:05 p.m. ET
March 17 vs Rochester – 1:30 p.m. ET (Scotiabank Arena)
March 19 vs Grand Rapids – 1:30 p.m. ET
March 21 vs Belleville – 4:00 p.m. ET