Clifford is certainly an interesting addition to the mix.Report: Hornets owner Michael Jordan meets with coaching candidates Mike D’Antoni, Steve Clifford — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
After his agent – Rich Paul – talked him out of accepting a (reportedly $60 million) contract extension last offseason, Miles Bridges is set to earn far more as a restricted free agent this summer.Report: Hornets hesitant to match max offer sheet to Miles Bridges — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Isaiah Thomas got a standing ovation for his season debut as a visiting player in Minnesota.Report: Hornets signing Isaiah Thomas — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Khem Birch will start in Anunoby’s place, with Thad Young playing a key role off the bench. Nurse said Young has picked things up quickly (“you can tell he’s been around”) and will be “vitally important” with OG out (with a broken finger).
GAME #58 – TORONTO RAPTORS (32-25) at CHARLOTTE HORNETS (29-31)
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2022 – 7 P.M. (ET) – SPECTRUM CENTER
TV: TSN – RADIO: SPORTSNET 590 THE FAN
The Toronto Raptors (32-25) begin a three-game road trip Friday night against the Charlotte Hornets (29-
31) at Spectrum Center. The Raptors start the second half of the season at 32-25, having already surpassed their win total from last season of 27 victories. Tonight marks the third and final regular season
meeting between these two teams, with Toronto winning the first two. Gary Trent Jr. is averaging a team-high 28.0 points against the Hornets this year.
• The Raptors defeated Minnesota 103-91 in their final game before the All-Star break, and have now won
nine of their last 11 games (Jan. 29 – Feb. 16). During this stretch, the Raptors are shooting .464 (469-
1011) from the field and .398 (148-372) from three-point range. Toronto is +22 (137-to-115) on the offensive glass over the last 11 and currently ranks second (13.1) in the NBA in offensive boards per game.
• Gary Trent Jr. scored a team-high 30 points and added four rebounds and two assists Feb. 16 at Minnesota. Trent Jr. has now tallied 30+ points with five-or-more made three-pointers eight times this season,
just one shy of Pascal Siakam’s single-season franchise record of nine games set during the 2019-2020
campaign. Trent Jr. (8), Fred VanVleet (8), Pascal Siakam (7) and OG Anunoby (1) have all scored 30+
points this season – the Raptors are 19-4 in games when they have at least one player score 30-or-more.
• Fred VanVleet has scored 20+ points in a career-high seven straight games played (Feb. 1-14), averaging
22.0 points and shooting .457 (32-70) from three-point range during this span. He sat out Feb. 10 at Houston with left groin soreness and Feb. 16 at Minnesota with a right knee contusion. VanVleet has made
201 threes this season – third most in a season in Raptors history; behind only Kyle Lowry (238 in 2017-
18 & 212 in 2015-16). VanVleet has connected on 5+ threes in a franchise record 18 games this season.
• Pascal Siakam is currently averaging 21.9 points, and career highs of 8.7 rebounds and 5.2 assists, in 44
games this season. He is one of just five players in the NBA averaging 20.0 points, 8.0 rebounds and 5.0
assists, along with Giannis Antetokounmpo, Luka Doncic, James Harden, and Nikola Jokic. No Raptor has
averaged 20-8-5 for an entire season.
• Rookie Scottie Barnes reached 700 career points Feb. 16 at Minnesota, becoming just the eighth Raptors
rookie to reach the milestone. Barnes (49 games) becomes the third fastest rookie to reach the 700-point
mark in franchise history, behind only Vince Carter (39 games) and Damon Stoudamire (38 games).
Barnes currently ranks fourth among rookies with 706 total points. He leads all first year players in minutes
per game (35.4), ranks third in rebounds (7.4) and fifth in both scoring (14.4) and assists (3.3).
• Reserves Precious Achiuwa (11) and Thaddeus Young (10) each scored in double figures Feb. 16 vs.
Minnesota. Toronto is now 7-1 this season in games when two or more reserves score 10+ points
No Kevin Durant. No Draymond Green.Hornets’ LaMelo Ball, Spurs’ Dejounte Murray named All-Star injury replacements — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Remember when the NBA didn’t televise the All-Star draft, defeating the best purpose of an All-Star draft?Anthony Edwards goes No. 1 over LaMelo Ball in Rising Stars draft — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
As much as I loathe bench players and coaches crowding the court, Cavaliers backup Ed Davis found a way to be on the sympathetic end of getting called for interference from the sideline.Hornets get four points from Cavaliers bench player interfering with “shot” — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
TORONTO & CHARLOTTE POSTGAME VIDEO: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2j8fgl17gig3szo/AAB_ze09Pd9gbmQ4iXZXs3URa?dl=0
FINAL SCORE: TORONTO RAPTORS 125, CHARLOTTE HORNETS 113
DATE: TUESDAY, JANUARY 25, 2022
|FINAL SCORE||RECORD||HIGH POINTS||HIGH REBOUNDS||HIGH ASSISTS|
|Charlotte||113||26-22||Ball – 25||Plumlee – 9||Ball – 7|
|Toronto||125||23-22||Trent Jr. – 32||Siakam – 9||Siakam – 12|
Charlotte trailed by 15 points at the half (76-61) but went on a 14-2 run at the start of the third quarter to cut Toronto’s lead to just three points (78-75) with 7:29 remaining in the quarter … The Raptors countered with a 27-11 run and took a 19-point advantage heading into the final frame … Toronto led by double digits the rest of the game.
The Raptors shot .524 (43-82) from the field, including a season-best .471 (16-34) from three-point range … Toronto improved to 5-1 when shooting 50 percent or better from the field … The Raptors also set a season high for points in a half with 76 in the first … Toronto shot .617 (29-47) from the field and .588 (10-17) from three-point range during the first two quarters.
- With the win, Toronto improves to 23-22 this season and 13-12 at home … The Raptors have now won two of their last three (Jan. 21-25) … Toronto will begin a three-game road trip (Jan. 26-31) tomorrow night in Chicago.
- Gary Trent Jr. scored a season-high 32 points (11-21 FG, 5-10 3PT, 5-5 FT) and added two rebounds, and two assists in 35 minutes … Trent Jr. has scored 30+ points five times in his career, including twice this season … Tonight, he scored 13 points in the first quarter and added 14 points in the third frame … Trent Jr. has recorded 12 double-digit quarters in 35 games played this year, something he did 13 times in 58 games last season.
- Pascal Siakam finished with 24 points and a career high-tying 12 assists in 39 minutes for his team-leading 12th double-double of the season … He also added nine rebounds in the win … Siakam has now scored 20+ points in four consecutive games (Jan. 19-25), averaging 23.3 points and shooting .521 (37-71) from the field during this stretch.
- In the first half tonight, Pascal Siakam recorded 19 points, eight assists, and seven rebounds … Siakam became the first player in franchise history to record 15+ points, 7+ rebounds, and 7+ assists in a half.
- OG Anunoby scored 24 points and added seven rebounds and two steals in 36 minutes … Anunoby has scored 20+ points in 14-of-30 games this season, something he did 13 times in 43 contests last year.
- Fred VanVleet (Right Knee; Soreness) and Scottie Barnes (Right Wrist; Swelling) were both out for Toronto.
- With the loss, Charlotte falls to 26-22, including 13-15 on the road … Charlotte will play the second half of a back-to-back (Jan. 25-26) tomorrow night in Indiana.
- LaMelo Ball finished with 25 points, seven assists and three rebounds in 32 minutes … Ball has scored 25+ points 15 times in his career, including 10 times this season.
- Miles Bridges recorded 22 points, four rebounds and three assists in 30 minutes … Bridges has now scored 20+ points in six of the last seven games (Jan. 12-25), averaging 23.4 points and shooting .539 (62-115) from the field during this span.
- Terry Rozier scored 12 points and added six assists in 29 minutes … Tonight Rozier tied Glen Rice (508) for fourth on Charlotte’s all-time three-pointers list … Rozier (168 games) is the fastest Hornet to reach 500 career three-pointers.
|2021-22 SEASON-SERIES||ALL-TIME RECORDS|
|DATE||SITE||RESULT||RAPTORS WINS||HORNETS WINS|
Terry Rozier had just hit his second straight 3-pointer in the third quarter — he would hit a third 31 seconds later — and in the spirit of rubbing it in turned to the Celtics bench and stuck out his tongue while backpedaling down the floor. 901 more wordsTerry Rozier, Hornets sink Celtics — Boston Herald
Charlotte played without five players, including starters Lamelo Ball and Terry Rozier because of NBA health and safety protocols.Watch Dominant Embiid score career-high 43, 76ers beat Hornets in OT — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
In addition to Ball, Terry Rozier, Mason Plumlee and Jalen McDaniels are in the protocols.LaMelo Ball, three other Hornets placed in health and safety protocols — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports