The Boston Celtics executed multiple deals before last week’s NBA trade deadline, including one sending Dennis Schröder, Enes Freedom and Bruno Fernando to the Houston Rockets for Daniel Theis. Schröder had been mentioned in trade rumors for weeks, and Heavy.com’s Steve Bulpett reported Sunday that Boston looked at other options involving the veteran guard before […]NBA Rumors: What Lakers Offered Celtics In Dennis Schröder Trade Talks — NESN.com
Jaylen Brown had Boston Celtics teammates campaigning that he should be the player to replace James Harden at the NBA All-Star Game, but NBA commissioner Adam Silver revealed that wouldn’t be the case Monday. Silver, who choses the injury replacements if a player can’t attend the NBA All-Star Game, decided that Cleveland Cavaliers big man […]Jarrett Allen (Not Jaylen Brown) To Replace James Harden As NBA All-Star — NESN.com
LOS ANGELES — The Warriors will play their final two games before the All-Star break without Andre Iguodala, the same as they have for all but six minutes of their previous 12. With Iguodala nursing a tight lower back, coach Steve Kerr relented that it wouldn’t be until next Thursday, at the earliest, that Golden…Warriors will hold out Andre Iguodala through All-Star break — Monterey Herald
Tyreke Evans appeared set to get a somewhat lucrative contract in 2019 free agency when the NBA dismissed and disqualified him for a drug violation.Tyreke Evans reinstated by NBA after ban due to drug violation — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
2021-22 Matchups vs. Seattle: First of Two
Next Game vs. Seattle: Tuesday, March 8 vs. Seattle
Toronto Season Record: 30-12-3
Toronto Road Record: 13-8-2
TV: Sportsnet RADIO: Sportsnet 590
January 28, 2022
Defenceman Carl Dahlstrom has been assigned to the Maple Leafs taxi
squad from the Toronto Marlies (AHL).
January 28, 2022
Defenceman Alex Biega has been reassigned to the Marlies from the
Maple Leafs taxi squad.
January 24, 2022
Forward Joey Anderson, defenceman Carl Dahlstrom and goaltender
Erik Kallgren have be reassigned to the Toronto Marlies (AHL) from the
Maple Leafs taxi squad.
January 22, 2022
Goaltender Erik Kallgren has been reassigned to the Maple Leafs taxi
squad from the Toronto Marlies (AHL).
Score: Toronto 2 at Vancouver 3
Date: Saturday, February 12, 2022
TOR Goals: Matthews, Kaše
VAN Goals: Miller, Boeser, Lammikko
TOR Goaltender: Mrazek, 21/24, .875 SV%
VAN Goaltender: Demko, 51/53, .962 SV%
TOR Power Play: 2-for-3
TOR Penalty Kill: 4-for-5
Date: Thursday, February 17, 2022
Opponent: vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
Time: 7:00 pm ET
Broadcast Information: Sportsnet (TV), Sportsnet 590 (Radio)
2021-22 AVERAGES AND RANKINGS
Points % GF/Game GA/Game PP% PK% SF/G SA/G FO%
Toronto .700 3.53 2.71 30.5% 84.1% 35.0 30.5 55.9%
Seattle .375 2.63 3.46 15.4% 76.0% 28.5 28.2 48.5%
THE MAN ADVANTAGE IN 2021-22
Power Play: 39/128 (30.5%)
Power Play Goal Leader: 12 – Matthews
Power Play Point Leader: 21 – Matthews (12G, 9A)
2020-21 Power Play: 31/155 (20.0%)
ON THE PK IN 2021-22
Penalty Kill: 106/126 (84.1%)
Shorthanded Goal Leader: 2 – Marner, Mikheyev
Shorthanded Point Leader: 2 – Marner (2G), Mikheyev (2G), Brodie (2A), Kerfoot (2A)
2020-21 Penalty Kill: 113/144 (78.5%)
Monday games 6th of 10 (3 home, 7 road)
Back-to-Backs played 7 of 13
Record in first game of back-to-back 4-2-1
Record in second game of back-to-back 3-4-0
February games 5th of 12 (4 home, 8 road)
TJ Brodie Nine points away from 300 career NHL points
Mitch Marner Two points away from 400 career NHL points
Mitch Marner Nine games away from 400 career NHL games played
Jake Muzzin 10 points away from 300 career NHL points
Wayne Simmonds 10 games away from 1,000 career NHL games played
TJ Brodie Appeared in his 700th career NHL game, Nov. 2, 2021 vs. VGK
TJ Brodie Scored his 50th career NHL goal, Dec. 14, 2021 at EDM
Jack Campbell Appeared in his 100th career NHL game, Nov. 16, 2021 vs. NSH
Pierre Engvall Appeared in his 100th career NHL game, Nov. 2, 2021 vs. VGK
Ondrej Kaše Recorded his 100th career NHL point, Nov. 10, 2021 at PHI
Ondrej Kaše Scored his 50th career NHL goal, Dec. 9, 2021 vs. TBL
Alexander Kerfoot Appeared in his 300th career NHL game, Nov. 26, 2021 at SJS
Alexander Kerfoot Recorded his 100th career NHL assist, Jan. 1, 2022 vs. OTT
Timothy Liljegren Scored his first career NHL goal, Jan. 15, 2022 at STL
Auston Matthews Recorded his 400th career NHL point, Jan. 31, 2022 vs. NJD
Auston Matthews Recorded his 200th career NHL goal, Oct. 25, 2021 at CAR
Ilya Mikheyev Skated in his 100th career NHL game, Jan. 15, 2022 at STL
William Nylander Skated in his 400th career NHL game, Feb. 1, 2022 at NJD
William Nylander Recorded his 300th career NHL point, Jan. 19, 2022 at NYR
Morgan Rielly Recorded his 250th career NHL assist, Oct. 27, 2021 at CHI
Morgan Rielly Skated in his 600th career NHL game, Dec. 9, 2021 vs. TBL
Wayne Simmonds Skated in his 950th career NHL game, Oct. 16, 2021 vs. OTT
Jason Spezza Skated in his 1,200th career NHL game, Nov. 28, 2021 at ANA
John Tavares Recorded his 200th point with the Maple Leafs, Oct. 18, 2021 vs. NYR
John Tavares Scored his 100th goal with the Maple Leafs, Nov. 13, 2021 at BUF
John Tavares Skated in his 900th career NHL game, Jan. 1, 2022 vs. OTT
Jarrett Allen understood why the Nets traded a role player like him (and other players and draft picks) to get a star like James Harden.Cavaliers center Jarrett Allen replaces James Harden in All-Star game — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
LaMelo Ball will make his first NBA all-star appearance Sunday night after being tabbed as an injury replacement in the Eastern Conference. Anthony Edwards just barely missed the cut. They’ll both headline the Rising Stars Challenge game on Friday in Cleveland. Before that, the two will meet Tuesday at Target Center in a regular-season duel […]Timberwolves’ Anthony Edwards, Hornets’ LaMelo Ball are NBA superstars in the making — Twin Cities
GAME #56 – TORONTO RAPTORS (31-24) vs. NEW ORLEANS PELICANS (22-34)
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2022 – 8 P.M. (ET) – SMOOTHIE KING CENTER
TV: SPORTSNET – RADIO: TSN 1050 TORONTO
• The Toronto Raptors (31-24) continue a stretch of five straight games against Western Conference opponents (Feb. 9-16) Monday night when they visit the New Orleans Pelicans (22-34). The Raptors’ season-high eight-game winning streak came to an end Saturday with a 110-109 loss to Denver. Toronto is 10-10
vs. the West this season, after going 10-20 against the Western Conference in 2020-21.
• Pascal Siakam recorded a season-high 35 points (16-22 FG, 3-7 3PT), 10 rebounds and seven assists in 42 minutes for his team-leading 18th double-double Feb. 12 vs. Denver. Saturday marked Siakam’s sixth
career game with 30+ points, 10+ rebounds and 5+ assists – tied with Chris Bosh for second most in franchise history behind only Vince Carter (10). Siakam also became just the second Raptor, along with Donyell Marshall – March 13, 2005 vs. Philadelphia, to score 35+ points without attempting a free throw.
• Pascal Siakam is currently averaging 22.1 points, and career highs of 8.7 rebounds and 5.2 assists, in 42 games this season. He is one of just six players in the NBA averaging 20.0 points, 8.0 rebounds and 5.0 assists, along with Giannis Antetokounmpo, Luka Doncic, James Harden, Nikola Jokic & Dejounte Murray.
• Pascal Siakam (Feb. 3-12) and Fred VanVleet (Feb. 1-12) have both scored 20+ points in a career-high six straight games played. VanVleet sat out Feb. 10 at Houston with left groin soreness. Siakam is averaging 29.0 points and is shooting .643 (72-112) from the field over the last six games, while VanVleet is averaging 22.3 points and shooting .459 (28-61) from three-point range over his last six games played.
• Toronto tied a season low with seven turnovers Saturday vs. Denver, while forcing the Nuggets into 18 turnovers which led to 22 points. The Raptors currently lead the NBA in deflections (18.1), rank second in steals (9.3) and are tied for third in points off turnovers (18.9).
• Gary Trent Jr. has at least one steal in a career-high 13 straight games (Jan. 21 – Feb. 12). Trent Jr. has 26 steals in the last 13 games and ranks currently second in the NBA in steals per game (1.93).
• Toronto has shot better than 45 percent from the field in a season-high five straight games (Feb. 4-12), shooting .521 (228-438) from the floor. Pascal Siakam is shooting 70 percent (63-90) over the last five.
• Fred VanVleet has been named a reserve for the 2022 NBA All-Star Game, which will be played on SunDay, Feb. 20 at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland. VanVleet becomes just the eighth player in franchise history to earn an All-Star selection. He is the first undrafted player in the NBA to be named an
All-Star since Ben Wallace in 2006. VanVleet will also compete in the MTN Dew 3-Point Contest.
• Sophomore Precious Achiuwa and rookie Scottie Barnes have been selected to participate in the 2022 Rising Stars, which will be played on Friday, Feb. 18 at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland as part of NBA All-Star 2022. Toronto will have two players in the showcase event for the first time since Andrea
Bargnani and Jamario Moon in 2008. Barnes will also participate in the Taco Bell Skills Challenge.
F – SCOTTIE BARNES #4
MIN: 35.8 REB: 7.6 AST: 3.4 STL: 1.0 TO: 1.9 BLK: 0.8 PTS: 14.7
• Tallied 17 points, five rebounds and three steals in 30 minutes of action Feb 12 vs. Denver.
• Ranks first among rookies in minutes (35.8), third in rebounds (7.6), and is tied for third in points (14.7).
• Has scored 15+ points in five of the last six games (Feb. 3-12), averaging 15.8 points during this stretch.
F – OG ANUNOBY #3
MIN: 37.1 REB: 5.7 AST: 2.7 STL: 1.6 TO: 1.8 BLK: 0.6 PTS: 18.0
• Contributed nine points, five rebounds and four assists in 37 minutes Feb 12 vs. Denver.
• Has scored 20+ points in a single-season career-high 18 games; something he did 13 times last season.
• Averaging 19.1 points and 6.2 rebounds on the road, compared to 17.1 points and 5.2 rebounds at home.
C – PASCAL SIAKAM #43
MIN: 37.9 REB: 8.7 AST: 5.2 STL: 1.3 TO: 2.7 BLK: 0.8 PTS: 22.1
• Recorded a season-high 35 points Feb. 12 vs. Denver; added 10 rebounds and seven assists in 42 minutes.
• Toronto is now 30-6 all-time, including 6-1 this season, when Siakam scores 30 or more points.
• Leads the Raptors with 18 double-doubles, matching his single-season career-high set in 2018-19.
G – GARY TRENT JR. #33
MIN: 34.9 REB: 2.7 AST: 2.0 STL: 2.0 TO: 1.0 BLK: 0.3 PTS: 18.6
• Finished 11 points, three rebounds and one steal in 38 minutes Feb. 12 vs. Denver.
• Ranks second in the NBA in steals per game (1.93) and fifth in total deflections (161).
• Averaging 23.0 points and shooting .455 (25-55) from beyond the arc through seven games in February.
G – FRED VANVLEET #23
MIN: 38.6 REB: 4.6 AST: 7.1 STL: 1.7 TO: 2.7 BLK: 0.5 PTS: 21.6
• Contributed 25 points, five rebounds and five assists in 38 minutes Feb. 12 vs. Denver.
• Ranks second in the NBA in total deflections (193) and three-pointers (197), and seventh in steals (81).
• Leads the NBA in minutes per game (38.6) – has logged 40+ minutes in 15 games this season.
Isaac Bonga (G League – On Assignment) – Out
David Johnson (G League – Two-Way) – Out
NEXT GAME DETAILS
Opponent: Minnesota Timberwolves
Date: Wednesday, February 16
Tip-Off: 8 p.m. (ET)
Venue: Target Center
Radio: Sportsnet 590 the FAN
SERIES RECAP VS. MINNESOTA
OVERALL HOME ROAD
2020-21 1-1 0-1 1-0
ALL-TIME 34-16 22-4 12-12
STREAKS Won 1 Lost 1 Won 3
LAST WIN: Feb. 19, 2021 (86-81)
LAST ROAD WIN: Feb. 19, 2021 (86-81)
LARGEST MARGIN OF VICTORY: +23 (Feb. 10, 2008)
LARGEST MARGIN OF DEFEAT: -32 (Mar. 19, 2002)
LAST TIME VS. MINNESOTA
GAME 30 – FEBRUARY 20, 2021
TORONTO 86, MINNESOTA 81
MINNEAPOLIS — Norman Powell scored a season-high 31 points and
the Toronto Raptors beat the Minnesota Timberwolves 86-81, closing the
game with an 11-0 run … Toronto earned its third straight win … Fred
VanVleet had 12 points and seven rebounds, while Pascal Siakam added
10 points and nine boards … Karl-Anthony Towns led Minnesota with 19
points and 13 rebounds … Malik Beasley scored 13 and Jordan McLaughlin had 11 … After trailing by as many as 19, the Wolves clawed their way
back into the game with a 16-0 run midway through the third quarter …
Jake Layman had a dunk and a 3-pointer during the stretch, which tied the
game at 57 … Rookie Anthony Edwards added a long jumper and a vicious dunk as part of a three-point play, helping Minnesota to a 64-58 lead
heading into the fourth … Minnesota led 81-75 with 3:30 to play when
Toronto took over … VanVleet hit a pair of free throws, Powell scored on
a transition layup, and Siakam threw down a tying dunk … On Minnesota’s next possession, Towns was called for a moving screen, and on the
other end, Terence Davis hit his third 3-pointer of the quarter to make it 84
-81 with 30 seconds to play … The Wolves had a chance to tie it, but
Beasley’s 3-pointer was short, and Davis hit two free throws for Toronto …
Playing a second straight game without point guard Kyle Lowry (sprained
thumb), the Raptors dominated the first half, thanks in part to Minnesota’s
cold shooting … At one point the Wolves missed 18 straight 3-pointers.
1 2 3 4 TOT
TORONTO 28 17 13 28 86
MINNESOTA 15 20 29 17 81