Remember when the NBA didn’t televise the All-Star draft, defeating the best purpose of an All-Star draft?Anthony Edwards goes No. 1 over LaMelo Ball in Rising Stars draft — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Never mind that the Clippers don’t know when the stars might align so that their injured All-Stars might return to action. The team, ever committed to competing, forged ahead and made a trade Friday with both long-term – and short-term – prospects in mind, said Lawrence Frank, president of basketball operations. 1,094 more wordsNorman Powell, Robert Covington fit Clippers’ plans — Press Enterprise
As much as I loathe bench players and coaches crowding the court, Cavaliers backup Ed Davis found a way to be on the sympathetic end of getting called for interference from the sideline.Hornets get four points from Cavaliers bench player interfering with “shot” — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
The 76ers have failed to build traction on a Ben Simmons trade as Thursday’s trade deadline approaches.Report: 76ers not eager to trade for James Harden before deadline — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Jayson Tatum, maybe only half-joking, noted Friday that he should text NBA Commissioner Adam Silver to make a case for his All-Star snubbed teammate, Jaylen Brown. 814 more wordsCeltics win fourth straight, 102-93, over Detroit — Boston Herald
Anthony Edwards walked into his postgame press conference following Minnesota’s win over Detroit on Thursday and put his finger up to ask reporters to give him a second before asking any questions. He had to add at least one McChicken to his McDonald’s mobile order. In many ways, Edwards is very much 20 years old.…Timberwolves’ Anthony Edwards is still 20 years old, but learning every day — Twin Cities
The Pacific Division and the Golden Knights’ representatives were eliminated in the first round of the NHL All-Star Game on Saturday at T-Mobile Arena.Metropolitan Division defeats Central in NHL All-Star Game final — Las Vegas Review-Journal
Boston is asking a steep price in return.Report: Timberwolves trying to trade for Marcus Smart from Celtics — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
After the Bruins’ uneven first half of the season that ended with a promising January, we are left with the same question we had when the season started: Is this team good enough? 1,215 more wordsBruins report card: Grading the team at the break — Boston Herald
TORONTO & ATLANTA POSTGAME VIDEO: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2j8fgl17gig3szo/AAB_ze09Pd9gbmQ4iXZXs3URa?dl=0
|TORONTO RAPTORSPOSTGAME NOTES|
FINAL SCORE: TORONTO RAPTORS 125, ATLANTA HAWKS 114
DATE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2022
|FINAL SCORE||RECORD||HIGH POINTS||HIGH REBOUNDS||HIGH ASSISTS|
|Atlanta||114||25-27||Hunter/Collins – 23||Capela – 9||Young – 13|
|Toronto||125||28-23||Siakam – 33||Anunoby – 10||VanVleet – 11|
After a Trae Young step-back jumper cut the Raptors’ lead to just three points (115-112) with 3:26 remaining in the fourth quarter, Toronto went on a 10-2 run to close the game … The Raptors held the Hawks scoreless in three of their final four possessions to preserve the win.
The Raptors shot a season-high .630 (17-27) from three-point range, while holding the Hawks to .310 (9-29) … Atlanta entered tonight having connected on 10+ three-pointers in 12 consecutive games, it was the third longest streak in franchise history … Over the last three contests the Raptors are shooting .488 (61-125) from beyond the arc.
- With the win, Toronto improves to 28-23 this season and 16-12 at home … The Raptors have now won five consecutive games (Jan. 29 – Feb. 4) and seven of their last nine (Jan. 21 – Feb. 4) … Toronto is five games above .500 for the first time since the team ended the 2019-2020 season at 53-19 … The Raptors begin a three-game road trip (Feb. 7-10) Monday night in Charlotte.
- Pascal Siakam recorded a season high-tying 33 points, along with nine rebounds and four assists in 40 minutes … Siakam has scored 30+ points 34 times in his career, including five time this season … The Raptors are 29-5 all-time, and a perfect 5-0 this season, when Siakam scores 30 or more … Tonight, Siakam passed Jonas Valanciunas (5,524) for seventh on the Raptors’ all-time points list.
- Pascal Siakam scored 21 of Toronto’s 39 first quarter points … The only other time Siakam has scored 20+ points in a quarter was Jan. 26, 2020 at San Antonio where he scored a franchise-record 25 points in the first quarter.
- Fred VanVleet finished with 26 points and 11 assists for his 10th double-double of the season … VanVleet also added four rebounds in 38 minutes … VanVleet has recorded 10+ assists in nine games this season, something he did in six times in 52 contests last year.
- With the loss, Atlanta falls to 25-27, including 10-15 on the road … The Hawks will play the second of consecutive road games (Feb. 4-6) Sunday in Dallas.
- Trae Young tallied 22 points, 13 assists and six rebounds in 35 minutes for his team-leading 24th double-double of the season … With his13 assists tonight, Young tied Cliff Hagan (2,229) for ninth on the Hawks’ all-time assists list.
- De’Andre Hunter scored 23 points (7-18 FG, 2-4 3PT, 7-8 FT), and added four rebounds and two assists in 36 minutes … Tonight marks just the second time Hunter has led (or tied) the Hawks in scoring, the other game was Nov. 3 at Brooklyn where he scored a season-high 26 points.
- The Hawks went 43-for-93 (.462) from the field and have now shot at least 45 percent from the floor in a season-high nine consecutive games (Jan. 19 – Feb. 3).
- Atlanta matched a season best with 12 steals … The Hawks were led by Delon Wright and Bogdan Bogdanovic who each tallied a season-high four steals.
|2021-22 SEASON-SERIES||ALL-TIME RECORDS|
|DATE||SITE||RESULT||RAPTORS WINS||HAWKS WINS|
|02/04/2022||Toronto||W 125-114||at Toronto:||25||23|