In 2018, as the playoffs were approaching, I noted that the Warriors and specifically Andre Iguodala had been sandbagging all season. The Dubs, of course, started playing their best basketball late in the campaign and in the postseason, winning their third title in four years. 864 more wordsWarriors 3 Things: Sandbagging Andre Iguodala showed that he has much more in the tank for the Warriors — Santa Cruz Sentinel
LOS ANGELES — It was a $25 million pout. The Dodgers on Saturday officially declined the club option in reliever Joe Kelly’s contract, agreeing to pay him a $4 million buyout rather than a $12 million salary in 2022. Kelly becomes the Dodgers’ 12th free agent this winter joining Corey Seager, Chris Taylor, Max Scherzer,…Dodgers decline reliever Joe Kelly’s $12 million option — Orange County Register
Brown is Boston’s leading scorer at 25.6 points a game and they are 17.7 points per 100 possessions better when he is on the court.Celtics’ Jaylen Brown could miss “weeks” with hamstring injury — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
2021-22 Matchups vs. Boston: First of Three
2020-21 Record vs. Boston: N/A
Next Game vs. Boston: Tuesday, March 29 at Boston
Toronto Season Record: 6-4-1
Toronto Home Record: 5-1-1
TV: Sportsnet RADIO: TSN 1050
November 6, 2021
Goaltender Joseph Woll has been recalled from the Toronto Marlies
October 31, 2021
Goaltender Michael Hutchinson has been loaned to the Toronto Marlies
October 30, 2021
Forward Michael Amadio claimed off waivers by the Vegas Golden
Score: Toronto 2 vs. Tampa Bay 1 – OTW
Date: Thursday, November 4, 2021
TOR Goals: Tavares, Nylander
TBL Goals: Maroon
TOR Goaltender: Campbell, 24/45, .960 SV%
TBL Goaltender: Vasilevskiy, 32/34, .941 SV%
TOR Power Play: 1-for-3
TBL Power Play: 0-for-1
Date: Monday, November 8, 2021
Opponent: vs. Los Angeles Kings
Broadcast Information: Sportsnet (TV), Sportsnet 590 (Radio)
Ilya Mikheyev (Thumb) *On Injured Reserve
Man Games Lost: 11
ALL-TIME VS. BOSTON BRUINS:
First Matchup between Clubs: December 3, 1924 (Toronto St. Patricks 5 vs. Boston Bruins 3)
All-Time Record: 278-291-98-10 (677 Games)
All-Time Record at Home: 174-111-51-3 (339 Games)
All-Time Record on the Road: 104-180-47-7 (338 Games)
Last Home Win vs. Opponent: October 19, 2019 (Toronto 4 vs. Boston 3 – OTW)
Record in Last Five Games: 1-4-0-0
Record in Last 10 Games: 4-6-0-0
ACTIVE LEADERS VS. BOSTON BRUINS:
Games Played: Jason Spezza (62), John Tavares (35), Wayne Simmonds (33)
Goals: Jason Spezza (18), John Tavares (14), Wayne Simmonds (6)
Jason Spezza (33), Mitch Marner (15), Wayne Simmonds (15), John
Points: Jason Spezza (51), John Tavares (28), Mitch Marner (20)
Wayne Simmonds (42), Jason Spezza (33), Jake Muzzin (10), John
2021-22 AVERAGES &RANKINGS
Points % GF/Game GA/Game PP% PK% SF/G SA/G FO%
Toronto .591 2.46 2.73 19.4% 84.9% 34.5 29.4 55.9%
NHL Rank 16th 27th 13th 20th 9th 5th 24th 1st
THE MAN ADVANTAGE IN 2021-22
Power Play: 6/31 (19.4%)
Power Play Goal Leader: 2 – Nylander
Power Play Point Leader: 4 – Nylander
2020-21 Power Play: 31/155 (20.0%)
ON THE PK IN 2021-22
Penalty Kill: 28/33 (84.9%)
Shorthanded Goal Leader: N/A
Shorthanded Point Leader: N/A
2020-21 Penalty Kill: 113/144 (78.5%)
Saturday games 4th of 22 (10 home, 12 road)
Back-to-Backs played 2 of 13
Record in first game of Back-to-Back 1-1-0
Record in second game of Back-to-Back 0-2-0
November games 3rd of 14 (8 home, 6 road)
TJ BRODIE Appeared in his 700th career NHL game, Nov. 2, 2021 vs. VGK
PIERRE ENGVALL Appeared in his 100th career NHL game, Nov. 2, 2021 vs. VGK
Recorded his 200th NHL goal on Oct. 25 at CAR. Per NHL Stats,
Matthews required the second-fewest games to reach 200 goals in Maple
Leafs history among players who debuted with the team, trailing only
Charlie Conacher (317 games).
Recorded his 300th NHL point with a goal on Feb. 8 vs. VAN, tying Charlie
Conacher to become the second-fastest Maple Leaf to reach the mark at
Recorded his 300th NHL point with an assist on Apr. 13 vs. CGY to
become the sixth defenceman in franchise history to record 300 points with
MORGAN RIELLY Recorded his 250th career NHL assist on Oct. 27 at CHI
WAYNE SIMMONDS Skated in his 950th career NHL game on Oct. 16 vs. OTT
JOHN TAVARES Recorded his 200th point with the Maple Leafs on Oct. 18 vs. NYR.
TJ BRODIE One goal away from 50 career NHL goals
JACK CAMPBELL Five wins away from 50 career NHL wins
JACK CAMPBELL Five games away from 100 career NHL games played
TRAVIS DERMOTT Two points away from 50 career NHL points
JUSTIN HOLL Nine points away from 50 career NHL points
ONDREJ KAŠE Six goals away from 50 career NHL goals
ONDREJ KAŠE One point away from 100 career NHL points
DAVID KÄMPF Nine assists away from 50 career NHL assists
ILYA MIKHEYEV Seven games away from 100 career NHL games played
- The Bruins visit the Maple Leafs tonight in the 1st of 3 games between these teams this season and the 1st of 2 games of this season’s series in
Toronto … The Bruins are 5-3-0 this season and they are 1-3-0 on the road.
- The Bruins return to Boston following tonight for a two-game home stand, hosting Ottawa on 11/9 and Edmonton on 11/11.
The Bruins have won their last two games with a 3-2 shootout win vs. Florida on 10/30 and a 5-1 victory on 11/4 vs. Detroit.
- Oct. 28: Bos 0 at Car 3 … The Bruins suffered their first shutout of the season in their last game … Jeremy Swayman took the loss in net … SOG: Bos
33, Car 24 … PP: 0/5 … PK: 1/5
- Oct. 30: Bos 3 vs Fla 2/SO … The Bruins scored by Charlie Coyle and Charlie McAvoy while also Coyle shootout the winner … Taylor Hall had two
assists in points his 600th NHL points and Brad Marchand his 400th NHL assists as well … Linus Ullmark saved all three shooters saved … SOG: Bos
33, Fla 35 … PP: 1/3 … PK: 1/1
- Nov. 4: Bos 5 vs Det 1 … Patrice Bergeron scored his second career four-goal game, Brad Marchand added four assists and Charlie McAvoy had two
assists, while Mike Reilly scored Boston’s first shorthanded goal of the season … Jeremy Swayman earned the win in goal … SOG: Bos 37, Det 15 …
PP: 3/5 … PK: 1/4
- Bruce Cassidy’s next win will be the 200th of his Bruins coaching career.
- Erik Haula needs 3 points for his 200th NHL point.
- Erik Haula is 6 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal.
INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2021-22: 18)
- Nick Foligno – Upper body (IR)
- Anton Blidh – Undisclosed (IR)
BOSTON vs TORONTO, LIFETIME SERIES
- The Bruins and Maple Leafs are meeting for the 677th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 301-265-98-13 record and 2,004-2,010 scoring
advantage in those games.
- The Bruins are 114-166-51-8 vs. the Maple Leafs in Toronto with a 895-1,114 margin in those 339 games.
- Th1/6/e Bruins are 4-0-1 in their last in their five games and are 23-10-5 in their last 38 games … They are 6-5-3 in their last 14 trips to Toronto.
1: Hat trick by a Bruin this season, the second career four-goal game by Patrice Bergeron (1/6/2018 vs CAR; 11/4/2021 vs DET)
2: Rookie on the Bruins’ current roster – Jack Studnicka, Jeremy Swayman.
5: Player on the current roster new to the Bruins organization this season – Nick Foligno, Derek Forbort, Erik Haula, Tomas Nosek and Linus Ullmark
(all as free agent signings).
10: Former first round draft picks on the current roster – Charlie Coyle, Jake DeBrusk, Nick Foligno, Derek Forbert, Trent Frederic, Taylor Hall, Curtis
Lazar, Charlie McAvoy, David Pastrnak, and Jakub Zboril.
11: Players on the Bruins current roster who played college hockey – Connor Clifton, Charlie Coyle, Derek Forbort, Trent Frederic, Matt Grzelcyk, Erik
Haula, Karson Kuhlman, Charlie McAvoy, Mike Reilly, Craig Smith and Jeremy Swayman.
318-17-29: Boston’s record since the start of the 2010-11 season when they have carried a lead into the third period
346-21-20: Boston’s record since 2011-12 in games in which they have had a 2-goal lead in a game … That extends to 223-2-6 over that span when
they have led by 3 goals
495: Consecutive Bruins games (regular season &playoffs) currently sold out at TD Garden … Their last non-sellout game was on 12/2/2009 when a
Wednesday game vs. TB drew 16,553
Boston Bruins: Media Notes
- The Bruins currently have 24 players on their roster, including 2 on injured reserve … 12 were drafted by the team, 5 were acquired in trade and 7 were
signed as free agents.
- The Bruins play 11 matinees this season (local start time 4:00 pm or earlier) … They have a 1-0-0 record in afternoon games so far.
- The Bruins play 12 sets of back-to-back games this season … They are currently 0-1-0 in the 1st game of those sets and are 0-1-0 in the 2nd games
- They will play 15 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights this season … They are 0-1-0 in game 1s, 0-1-0 in game 2s &1-0-0 in game 3s of those series thus far.
- The Bruins are playing a 12-game schedule in November (8 hm/4 rd, 1-0-0) … They will play 13 games in December (5 hm/8 rd), 16 in January (9
hm/7 rd), 4 in February (1 hm/3 rd), 15 in March (8 hm/7 rd) and 15 in April (7 hm/8 rd) … They 7 games to October (4-3-0).
October 15: Charlie McAvoy signed to an eight-year contract extension.
October 24: John Moore assigned to Providence.
October 24: Jack Studnicka and Oskar Steen recalled from Providence.
October 30: Oskar Steen returned to Providence.
CLEVELAND CAVALIERS 102, TORONTO RAPTORS 101
DATE: NOVEMBER 5, 2021 ATTENDANCE: 19,800 (Sellout)
|FINAL SCORE||RECORD||HIGH POINTS||HIGH REBOUNDS||HIGH ASSISTS|
|Cleveland||102||6-4||Garland – 21||Allen – 15||Garland – 8|
|Toronto||101||6-4||Anunoby – 23||Barnes – 9||VanVleet – 6|
Cleveland entered the fourth quarter down six points (80-74) but went on a 13-5 run midway through the quarter tie the game at 94 with 4:42 remaining.
The Cavaliers outscored the Raptors 28-19 in the fourth quarter … Darius Garland tallied 12 of his team-high 21 points in the final frame, including a pair of free-throws that put Cleveland ahead 102-101 with 4.8 seconds remaining in the game.
- With the loss, Toronto falls to 6-4 this season and 2-4 at home … The Raptors will continue a two-game homestand Sunday afternoon against the Brooklyn Nets.
- Gary Trent Jr. tallied 17 points and a career-high six steals in the loss … Trent Jr. entered tonight ranked second in the NBA in steals per game (2.78).
- OG Anunoby scored a game-high 23 points tonight on 10-for-21 shooting … Anunoby has scored 20+ points in the last six of eight games (Oct. 23 – Nov. 5), and has scored 15+ points in eight straight games (Oct. 23 – Nov. 5) … He has now led the Raptors in scoring four times.
- Dalano Banton scored a career-best 11 points in 10 minutes off the bench … Banton scored in double digits for the third time this season … He entered tonight second in field-goal percentage among rookies (.548), behind only Scottie Barnes.
- Khem Birch recorded a season-high seven offensive rebounds in the loss … Birch leads Toronto with 35 offensive rebounds off the bench this season.
- Scottie Barnes returned to the lineup after sitting out the last two games (Nov. 1-3) with a sprained right thumb and finished with 14 points and nine rebounds.
- With the win Cleveland improves to 6-4, including 4-3 on the road … The Cavaliers have now won three consecutive games and snap a six-game winless streak in Toronto dating back to the 2017-2018 season … Cleveland will now travel to New York to play the Knicks on Sunday at Madison Square Garden.
- Darius Garland scored a season-best 21 points and added a game-high eight assists in the win … Garland shot 8-for-12 from the field.
- Jarrett Allen scored 16 points and grabbed 15 rebounds for his fifth double-double this season … Allen shot 5-for-6 from the field.
RAPTORS 905 ANNOUNCE OPENING NIGHT ROSTER
Raptors 905, NBA G League affiliate of the Toronto Raptors, announced Saturday its opening night roster for the 2021-22 season.
Head Coach Patrick Mutombo leads the 12-man roster which includes two-way players Justin Champagnie and David Johnson, along with returnees Breein Tyree and Kevon Harris. Jawun Evans also returns to the 905, after dressing for the team during the 2019-20 season.
NBA affiliates Alex Antetokounmpo, Ashton Hagans, Josh Hall, and Reggie Perry join the 905 this year, as well as Romaro Gill and Andrew Rowsey, acquired in trades during the offseason. Obadiah Noel completes the roster, earning his spot through the open tryout process. A full roster is below.
The 905 open the regular season, in pursuit of the Showcase Cup, beginning Nov. 11 when they host the Westchester Knicks for a 7:30 tip-off. Tickets are available here.
– RAPTORS 905 –
The Timberwolves were rolling. They were playing their best defense of the year, which is saying something. The offense was fluid and effective. Shots were falling and the lead was growing. It was the definition of a complete performance. Minnesota was up 49-29 over the Clippers midway through the second quarter, and appeared destined to…Timberwolves fall apart in second half, lose fourth straight — Twin Cities