SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2021
1 2 3 FINAL
TORONTO 1 2 2 5
BOSTON 1 0 1 2
ON THE SCORESHEET
- John Tavares scored for the Maple Leafs at 12:21 of the first period and posted his second goal of the game at 2:53 of the third period. Tavares also posted the primary assist on Marner’s third period
goal. Tavares has recorded nine points (5G, 4A) through the last five games.
- Auston Matthews scored on a power play opportunity for the Maple Leafs at 14:59 of the second period. Matthews scored a second power play goal at 18:54 of the second period. He has marked a
multi-point outing in three consecutive games.
- Mitch Marner posted the primary assist on Tavares’ first period goal and on Matthews’ first goal of
the second period. Marner also posted the secondary assist on Matthews’ second goal of the game.
Marner added an empty net goal at 19:17 of the third period, posting a four-point outing (1G, 3A).
Marner has registered 11 points (3G, 8A) through the last five games.
- Morgan Rielly recorded the secondary assist on Tavares’ first goal of the game and posted the
primary assist on Matthews’ second goal of the game. Rielly has posted eight assists this season and
notched five assists through the last five games.
- William Nylander registered the primary assist on Tavares’ second goal of the game. Nylander
marked his fifth assist of the season.
- Rasmus Sandin posted the secondary assist on Tavares’ second goal of the game. Sandin posted
his fourth assist of the season.
- Alexander Kerfoot registered the secondary on Marner’s third period goal. Kerfoot recorded his
fourth assist of the season.
SHOTS ON GOAL (5-on-5 in brackets)
1st 2nd 3rd TOTAL
TORONTO 9 (8) 18 (12) 9 (6) 36 (26)
BOSTON 13 (12) 8 (6) 22 (15) 43 (33)
SHOT ATTEMPTS (5-on-5 in brackets)
1st 2nd 3rd TOTAL
TORONTO 17 (14) 27 (16) 11 (8) 55 (38)
BOSTON 18 (17) 15 (13) 40 (26) 73 (56)
- The Maple Leafs are 6-1-1 on home ice this season.
- Toronto’s all-time record is 279-291-98-10 in 678 games against the Boston Bruins and 175-111-51-3
in 340 games played in Toronto.
- Toronto is 5-3-1 against the Eastern Conference this season and 5-1-0 against the Atlantic Division
MAPLE LEAFS LEADERS
Shots 6 (Matthews, Nylander)
Shot Attempts 8 (Marner)
Faceoff Wins 13 (Tavares)
Faceoff Win Percentage 65% (Tavares– 13 won, 7 lost)
Hits 5 (Muzzin)
Blocked Shots 3 (Sandin)
Takeaways 3 (Marner)
TOI 24:08 (Marner)
Power Play TOI 3:51 (Marner, Matthews, Nylander, Tavares)
Shorthanded TOI 4:09 (Muzzin, Brodie)
Shifts 29 (Marner)
5-on-5 Shot Attempt Percentage 54.84% (Dermott – 17 for, 14 against)
- The Maple Leafs were 2-for-4 on the power play and 3-for-4 on the penalty kill tonight.
- Toronto is 4-3-1 when the opponent scores the first goal of the game.
- The Maple Leafs are 2-2-0 when tied after one period and 4-0-0 when leading after two periods.
- Toronto is 2-2-0 when being outshot by their opponent.
- The Maple Leafs are 3-1-0 in Saturday games.
- Mitch Marner tied his NHL single-game high of three assists which he has recorded on 17 occasions
during his NHL career.
- Per NHL Stats, Marner has factored on each of the Maple Leafs’ last six goals and 10 of their last 11
dating to when he put Toronto up 5-3 on Oct. 31 (3G, 7A).
- In recording two power play goals during tonight’s game, Auston Matthews has marked 50 power
play goals scored during his NHL career. Matthews is now tied with John Anderson and Bryan
McCabe for 15th on the Maple Leafs’ franchise all-time list.
- At 12:21 of the first period, a video review was initiated to determine whether or not the puck crossed
the Boston goal line after the actions of a Boston player caused the net to be displaced. Video review
upheld the Referee’s call on the ice. Result: Goal Toronto.
- Per the NHL Situation Room, the decision was made in accordance with Rule 63.7 which states, in
part, that “in the event that the goal post is displaced, either deliberately or accidentally, by a
defending player, prior to the puck crossing the goal line between the normal position of the
goalposts, the Referee may award a goal. In order to award a goal in this situation, the goal post must
have been displaced by the actions of a defending player, the attacking player must have an
imminent scoring opportunity prior to the goal post being displaced, and it must be determined that
the puck would have entered the net between the normal position of the goal posts.”
- Travis Dermott and John Tavares were on the ice for a team-high 17 Toronto shot attempts-for at
- Travis Dermott finished the game with a team-high 5-on-5 shot attempt percentage of 54.84 percent
(17 for, 14 against).
Nov. 8 Leafs vs. Los Angeles Scotiabank Arena 7:30 pm ET
Nov. 10 Leafs at Philadelphia Wells Fargo Center 7:30 pm ET
Nov. 12 Leafs vs. Calgary Scotiabank Arena 7:00 pm ET
Nov. 13 Leafs at Buffalo KeyBank Center 7:00 pm ET
Nov. 16 Leafs vs. Nashville Scotiabank Arena 7:00 pm ET
Nov. 18 Leafs vs. New York Rangers Scotiabank Arena 7:00 pm ET
Stats reflect official NHL stats at the time of distribution.