FINAL SCORE: BROOKLYN NETS 116, TORONTO RAPTORS 103
DATE: NOVEMBER 7, 2021 ATTENDANCE: 19,800 (Sellout)
|FINAL SCORE||RECORD||HIGH POINTS||HIGH REBOUNDS||HIGH ASSISTS|
|Brooklyn||116||7-3||Durant – 31||Griffin – 11||Harden – 8|
|Toronto||103||6-5||VanVleet – 21||Achiuwa/Anunoby – 8||VanVleet – 8|
Brooklyn entered the second half down seven points (60-53) but went on a 20-7 run beginning at the 10:15 mark in the third quarter … The Nets outscored the Raptors 35-17 in the third frame and shot .600 (12-for-20) from the field … Brooklyn led the rest of the game.
The Nets outrebounded the Raptors 48-34 and recorded a season-high 12 offensive rebounds … Brooklyn improves to 6-0 this season when outrebounding opponents.
- With the loss, Toronto falls to 6-5 this season and 2-5 at home … The Raptors will now head on the road to play the Boston Celtics on Wednesday and the Philadelphia 76ers on Thursday … Toronto has started the season 4-0 on the road for the first time in franchise history.
- Fred VanVleet recorded team-highs of 21 points and eight assists in the loss … At 7:02 in the second quarter, VanVleet (580) surpassed Andrea Bargnani(579)for fourth on the Raptors’ all-time 3-point field goals list … Kyle Lowry holds the franchise record with 1,518 three-pointers, followed by Morris Peterson (801) and Terrence Ross (598).
- Pascal Siakam made his season debutand tallied 15 points in 25 minutes … Siakam missed the first 10 games of the season recovering from shoulder surgery he had in June to repair his left labrum.
- OG Anunoby scored 16 points on 7-for-16 shooting and grabbed eight rebounds … Anunoby has now scored 15+ points in nine straight games (Oct. 23 – Nov. 7).
- Scottie Barnes tallied eight points on 4-for-7 shooting … Barnes added seven rebounds, and a career-high five steals.
- With the win Brooklyn improves to 7-3, including 3-1 on the road … The Nets have won five consecutive games, and have started the season at a franchise-best 7-3 for the first time since the 2002-03 season … The Nets will continue their six-game road trip Monday night against the Chicago Bulls.
- Kevin Durant scored a game-high 31 points on 11-for-18 shooting … Durant added seven rebounds and seven assists … He entered tonight as the NBA scoring leader (averaging 28.3 points per game).
- James Harden finished with 28 points and 10 rebounds for his second double-double of the season … Harden scored 16 points in the fourth quarter and shot 6-for-8 from the field.
- Blake Griffin recorded season-bests of 14 points and 11 rebounds for his first double-double of the year … Griffin shot 5-for-9 from the field, including 4-for-6 from 3-point range.