10:00 (ET) TOR@POR
Portland Trail Blazers
Brown III, Greg Questionable Injury/Illness – Left Ankle; Sprain
Lillard, Damian Questionable Injury/Illness – Abdomen; Tendinopathy
Achiuwa, Precious Questionable Injury/Illness – Right Shoulder; Tendinitis
Bonga, Isaac Out G League – On Assignment
Boucher, Chris Doubtful Injury/Illness – Back; Lower – soreness
Johnson, David Out G League – Two-Way
VanVleet, Fred Questionable Injury/Illness – Left Groin; Soreness
Watanabe, Yuta Out Injury/Illness – Left Calf; Strain
• The Toronto Raptors (7-7) begin a six-game road trip Monday night against the Portland Trail Blazers (6-8) at Moda Center. Toronto is 5-1 on the road this season. The Raptors have dropped three in a row vs. Portland. Pascal Siakam recorded his first career triple-double with 22 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists Jan. 11, 2021 at Portland. Toronto’s next home game is Sunday, Nov. 28 vs. Boston.
• Rookie Dalano Banton recorded a season-high 12 points (4-6 FG, 1-1 3PT, 3-4 FT) Saturday against the Pistons, scoring in double figures for the fourth time. Banton currently leads all rookies with a .545 (30-55)
field goal percentage this season.
• Toronto had all five starters score in double figures Saturday vs. Detroit. The starting lineup combined for 92 points and shot .576 (38-66) from the field. Goran Dragic made his first start since the season opener,
finishing with 16 points and five rebounds in 28 minutes. Dragic was a DNP-CD the previous nine games.
• Fred VanVleet missed his first game of the season due to left groin soreness Saturday against the Pistons. VanVleet led the Raptors with 32 points and seven assists in their win Nov. 11 at Philadelphia. He scored 30+ points for the second time this season and 12th time in his career. With the victory, Toronto
improved to 10-2 all-time when VanVleet reaches the 30-point mark. The Raptors were 5-15 (.250) without
VanVleet in the lineup last season. He is questionable for Monday at Portland.
• Gary Trent Jr. scored 13 of his 23 points in the first quarter Saturday vs. Detroit. Trent Jr. scored 20+ points for the second straight game (Nov. 11-13) and fourth time this year. He is averaging 21.5 points and
shooting .421 (8-19) from beyond the arc over the last two games. Trent Jr. was acquired from Portland along with Rodney Hood in exchange for Norman Powell at the trade deadline last season. Powell averaged 9.9 points, 2.4 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 20.2 minutes in 349 games during six seasons (2015-21) in Toronto, and helped the Raptors capture their first NBA championship in 2019.
• Gary Trent Jr. (62) and Fred VanVleet (52) rank first and third respectively, in the NBA in deflections. Trent Jr. also ranks fourth in the NBA in steals per game (2.50) and has already matched his career high with five steals three times. VanVleet has led the league in deflections per game each of the past two seasons. Toronto currently ranks second in the NBA in steals per game (10.5).
• Rookie Scottie Barnes leads all rookies in scoring (16.2 ppg) and rebounds (8.3), and ranks third in field goal percentage (.519). Barnes has led the team in scoring in five of his first 12 games played, scored 20+ points four times and earned two double-doubles.