He was already out, recovering from a bone bruise, when this injury happened.Injuries keep coming in Chicago, Derrick Jones Jr. out 6-8 weeks with fractured finger — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
Day: January 26, 2022
Kendrick Perkins: James Harden’s camp wants him to join Joel Embiid on 76ers next season — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
James Harden is reportedly frustrated with the Nets and can become an unrestricted free agent this summer.Kendrick Perkins: James Harden’s camp wants him to join Joel Embiid on 76ers next season — ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
RAPTORS-BULLS PREGAME NOTES
INJURY REPORT AT 5:30 P.M.
Ball, Lonzo Out Injury/Illness – Left Knee; Bone Contusion
Caruso, Alex Out Injury/Illness – Right Wrist; Fracture
Cook, Tyler Questionable Injury/Illness – Left Eye; Contusion
Jones Jr., Derrick Out Injury/Illness – Right Knee; Hyperextension
Simonovic, Marko Out G League – On Assignment
Vucevic, Nikola Probable Injury/Illness – Left Patella; Contusion
Williams, Patrick Out Injury/Illness – Left Wrist; Ligament Tear
Barnes, Scottie Questionable Injury/Illness – Right Wrist; Swelling
Birch, Khem Out Injury/Illness – Nose; Fracture
Bonga, Isaac Out G League – On Assignment
Dragic, Goran Out Not With Team
Johnson, David Out G League – Two-Way
VanVleet, Fred Questionable Injury/Illness – Right Knee; Soreness
GAME #46 – TORONTO RAPTORS (23-22) at CHICAGO BULLS (29-17)
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2022 – 8 P.M. (ET) – UNITED CENTER
TV: SPORTSNET – RADIO: SPORTSNET 590 THE FAN
• The Toronto Raptors play the second game of a back-to-back set and first of a three-game road trip (Jan. 26-31) Wednesday night at Chicago. The Raptors have won two of their last three (Jan. 21-25) and are 8-5 in the month of January. Toronto will play 11 of their next 15 games (Jan. 26 – Feb. 28) on the road.
• Gary Trent Jr. scored a season-best 32 points (11-21 FG, 5-10 3PT, 5-5 FT), including 14 in the third quarter, in Tuesday’s win over Charlotte. Trent Jr. scored 30+ points for the fifth time in his career, fourth since joining Toronto at the trade deadline last year and second time this season.
• With Fred VanVleet unavailable due to right knee soreness, Pascal Siakam started at point guard last night against the Hornets. Siakam tallied 24 points, a career high-tying 12 assists and nine assists. He had
19 points, eight assists and seven rebounds in the first half, becoming the first player in franchise history to record 15+ points, 7+ assists and 7+ rebounds in a half.
• Chris Boucher finished with 12 points, seven rebounds and two blocks in 30 minutes of action Jan. 25 vs. Charlotte. Boucher has now scored in double figures in a career high-tying eight straight games (Jan. 11-
25), averaging 13.6 points and 9.3 rebounds. He is shooting .493 (37-75) from the field and .452 (14-31) from three-point distance during this stretch.
• Pascal Siakam is currently averaging 21.3 points, and career highs of 8.3 rebounds and 5.1 assists. He is one of just five players in the NBA averaging 20.0 points, 8.0 rebounds and 5.0 assists this season, along
with Giannis Antetokounmpo, Luka Doncic, James Harden, and Nikola Jokic.
• Fred VanVleet is averaging career highs of 21.7 points, 7.0 assists and 4.7 rebounds. He leads the NBA in minutes per game (38.2), and ranks second in total deflections (157) and fifth in steals (71). VanVleet has
led the league in deflections per game each of the past two seasons. The Raptors currently lead the NBA in deflections per game (18.0) and rank third in steals (9.2).
• Rookie Scottie Barnes ranks second among rookies in rebounds (7.8), and fourth in both points (14.6) and assists (3.4). Barnes leads all rookies with three games of 20+ points and 10+ rebounds.
• The Raptors rank second in the NBA in both offensive rebounds per game (13.4) and second-chance points (16.7). Through 13 games in January, Toronto has outrebounded opponents 189-to-128 (+61) on
the offensive end. Chris Boucher has grabbed a team-high 39 offensive boards this month.
• Pascal Siakam has scored 20+ points in four games and eight of the nine (Jan. 9-23). He is averaging a team-high 23.9 points over the last nine games. Siakam is shooting .491 (83-169) from the field and .375
(9-24) from three-point range during this stretch. Siakam has scored 20+ points in a career-high five consecutive games twice (Last: Apr. 13-26, 2021).
F – OG ANUNOBY #3
MIN: 36.7 REB: 5.4 AST: 2.4 STL: 1.7 TO: 1.7 BLK: 0.5 PTS: 18.8
• Recorded 24 points, seven rebounds, two assists and two steals in 36 minutes Jan. 25 vs. Charlotte.
• Has scored 20+ points in 14-of-30 games this season, something he did 13 times in 43 contests last year.
• Averaging 17.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.7 steals through 13 games in January.
F – CHRIS BOUCHER #25
MIN: 20.2 REB: 6.0 AST: 0.3 STL: 0.7 TO: 0.7 BLK: 1.1 PTS: 9.3
• Contributed 12 rebounds, seven rebounds, two steals and two blocks in 30 minutes Jan. 25 vs. Charlotte.
• Has scored 10+ points in a career-high eight straight games (Jan. 11-25), averaging 13.6 during this stretch.
• In eight starts this season, averaging 15.4 points, 8.5 rebounds and 27.9 minutes.
C – PRECIOUS ACHIUWA #5
MIN: 25.0 REB: 7.5 AST: 1.3 STL: 0.6 TO: 1.1 BLK: 0.6 PTS: 7.8
• Finished with nine points, seven rebounds an d three assists in 25 minutes of action Jan. 25 vs. Charlotte.
• Has led the team in rebounds a team-high 13 times; ranks second among sophomores in rebounds (7.5).
• Averaging 8.3 points, 8.6 rebounds and 28.0 minutes in 21 games as a starter this season.
G – GARY TRENT JR. #33
MIN: 33.7 REB: 2.7 AST: 2.0 STL: 1.8 TO: 0.9 BLK: 0.4 PTS: 16.6
• Scored a season-high 32 points Jan. 25 vs. Charlotte; added two rebounds and two assists in 35 minutes.
• Ranks fifth in the NBA in steals (1.83) and tied for fourth in deflections (3.4) per game .
• Returned to the lineup Jan. 21 at Washington after missing the previous six games with left ankle swelling.
G – PASCAL SIAKAM #43
MIN: 36.7 REB: 8.3 AST: 5.1 STL: 1.2 TO: 2.6 BLK: 0.7 PTS: 21.3
• Recorded 12th double-double with 24 points and a career high-tying 12 assists Jan. 25 vs. Charlotte.
• Has scored 20+ points four consecutive games (Jan. 19-25), averaging a 23.3 during this stretch.
• Averaging 23.3 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 6.5 assists through 13 games in January.
Scottie Barnes (Right Wrist; Swelling) – TBD
Khem Birch (Nose; Fracture) – Out
Isaac Bonga (G League – On Assignment) Out
Goran Dragic (NWT) – Out
David Johnson (Health and Safety Protocols) – Out
Fred VanVleet (Right Knee; Soreness) – TBD
W-L EAST WEST
OVERALL 23-22 15-13 8-9
HOME 13-12 7-7 6-5
AWAY 10-10 8-6 2-4
OVERTIME 0-1 0-1 0-0
NEXT GAME DETAILS
Opponent: Miami Heat
Date: Saturday, January 29
Tip-Off: 8 p.m. (ET)
Venue: FTX Arena
Radio: Sportsnet 590 The FAN
SERIES RECAP VS. MIAMI
OVERALL HOME ROAD
2021-22 0-1 0-0 0-1
ALL-TIME 36-57 22-23 14-34
STREAKS Lost 2 Won 1 Lost 2
LAST WIN: Jan. 22, 2021 (101-81)
LAST ROAD WIN: Aug. 3, 2020 (107-103)
LARGEST MARGIN OF VICTORY: +42 (Mar. 19, 2008)
LARGEST MARGIN OF DEFEAT: -30 (Mar. 8, 1996)
LAST TIME VS. MIAMI
GAME 41 – JANUARY 17, 2022
MIAMI 104, TORONTO 99
MIAMI — Tyler Herro scored 23 points, Adebayo scored 14 in his first
game coming off a six-week absence following thumb surgery and the
Miami Heat held off the Toronto Raptors 104-99 … Adebayo played 32
minutes, shooting 4 for 12 and grabbing nine rebounds … Butler finished
with 19 points, 10 assists and 10 rebounds for his ninth triple-double with
the Heat, tying LeBron James for the most in team regular-season history … Chris Boucher scored 23 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for Toronto … VanVleet finished with 22, and Pascal Siakam added 18 points and
10 assists for the Raptors … Scottie Barnes scored 16 points, OG Anunoby scored 14 and former Heat forward Precious Achiuwa grabbed 15
rebounds for Toronto … Siakam scored off a turnover with 1:48 left to get
Toronto within 99-96, but PJ Tucker made a corner 3 with 20 seconds left
to help Miami hold on … Toronto basically used a six-man rotation, with
those players getting between 34 and 42 minutes … The only other Raptor
who got minutes was Justin Champagnie, who played 9:07 before leaving
with a dislocated finger … Kyle Lowry missed the game for personal reasons … There were 22 lead changes and 10 ties in the first 35 minutes,
putting the teams knotted at 75-75 late in the third … Herro scored the last
five points of the third quarter, then had the first bucket of the fourth to put
Miami up by seven … The Heat wouldn’t trail again.
1 2 3 4 TOT
TORONTO 30 21 24 24 99
MIAMI 27 31 22 24 104
NBC SPORTS CHICAGO / WSCR-AM 670 / WRTO 1200, TUDN
Pos. No. Name Ht. Wt. Player Updates
F 8 ZACH LaVINE 6-5 202
2021-22 Season: 24.9 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.2 apg, 34.0 mpg, .487 FG%, .408 3FG%, .868 FT%
Career vs. TOR: 14 games, 16.6 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 4.4 apg, 33.2 mpg, .414 FG%, .290 3FG%, .774 FT%
Note: Returned to action at OKC (1/24) after missing five games with a sore left knee; finished with 23 pts.
F 24 JAVONTE GREEN 6-6 215
2021-22 Season: 5.8 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.0 spg, 22.3 mpg, .500 FG%, .364 3FG%, .786 FT%
Career vs. TOR: 7 games, 3.1 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 0.4 apg, 6.9 mpg, .533 FG%, .600 3FG%, .750 FT%
Note: Returned to the floor at OKC (1/24) after being sidelined for 12 games with a right adductor strain.
C 9 NIKOLA VUČEVIĆ 6-11 260
2021-22 Season: 16.5 ppg, 11.3 rpg, 3.5 apg, 1.2 bpg, 33.2 mpg, .434 FG%, .332 3FG%, .741 FT%
Career vs. TOR: 34 games, 14.7 ppg, 10.0 rpg, 3.1 apg, 29.3 mpg, .468 FG%, .355 3FG%, .700 FT%
Note: Leads the Bulls with 24 double-doubles; ranks 5th in the NBA.
G 12 AYO DOSUNMU 6-5 200
2021-22 Season: 7.5 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 1.9 apg, 22.5 mpg, .545 FG%, .451 3FG%, .605 FT%
Career vs. TOR: 0 games, — ppg, — rpg, — apg, — mpg, — FG%, — 3FG%, — FT%
Note: As a starter, averaging 13.3 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 6.1 apg, 38.3 mpg, .642 FG%, .542 3FG%, .778 FT%
G 7 TROY BROWN JR. 6-6 215
2021-22 Season: 4.5 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.3 apg, 16.6 mpg, .411 FG%, .324 3FG%, .773 FT%
Career vs. TOR: 6 games, 9.2 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.5 apg, 16.1 mpg, .622 FG%, .333 3FG%, .833 FT%
Note: Made his third start of the season at OKC (1/24), finishing with 10 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assist
MARLIES 4, GRAND RAPIDS 3 (OT)
TORONTO MARLIES (18-12-2-1 – 39 Points) vs.
GRAND RAPIDS GRIFFINS (15-12-5-2 – 37 Points)
MONDAY, JANUARY 24, 2022
GAME SUMMARY | GAME SHEET | PHOTOS | SCRUMS
Toronto: A. Suomela (6) (B. Seney, J. Anderson), S. Der-Arguchintsev (6) (J. Blandisi), B. Seney (13) (J. Duszak, A. Suomela)
Goaltender: E. Källgren (24/27)
Grand Rapids: J. McIsaac (3) (T. Elson, G. Smith), D. Yan (7) (D.Renouf, L. Witwoski), T. Elson (12) PP (T. Hirose, J. McIsaac)
Goaltender: C. Pickard (24/28)
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Antti Suomela opened the scoring 23 seconds into the first period. Suomela has 10 points (4 goals, 6 assists) in 16 games this season.
- Semyon Der-Arguchintsev scored unassisted at 19:10 of the second period. Der-Arguchintsev has 16 points (6 goals, 10 assists) in 30 games this season.
- Brett Seney scored at 18:05 of the third period. He recorded the primary assist on Suomela’s first period goal and the lone assist on Duszak’s overtime goal. He has 13 points (3 goals, 10 assists) in his last nine games.
- Joseph Duszak scored the game-winning goal 38 seconds into overtime. This was his first game-winning goal of the season. Duszak has 25 points (2 goals, 23 assists) in 24 games this season.
- Joey Anderson registered the secondary assist on Suomela’s first period goal. He has seven points (5 goals, 2 assists) over his last four games.
- Joseph Blandisi had the lone assist on Der-Arguchintsev’s second period goal. He has assists (3) in three consecutive games. Blandisi has eight points (2 goals, 6 assists) in 11 games with the Marlies this season.
- Erik Källgren stopped 24 of 27 shots he faced.
- The Marlies are 6-2 in overtime games this season. Four of Toronto’s last six games have gone to overtime (3-1).
- Toronto went 2-for-3 on the penalty kill and 0-for-2 on the power play. Toronto is 6-5-1-1 when not scoring on the power play and 8-6-2-1 when allowing a goal on the penalty kill.
- Toronto had 28-27 edge in shots in all situations. Brett Seney led the Marlies with five shots on goal. Toronto is 5-3-0-0 when outshooting their opponent.
- The Marlies are 4-1-0-0 against Central Division opponents and 1-0-0-0 against the Griffins.
Scoring first 13-1-1-1
Tied after 1 4-2-0-0
Leading after 2 13-1-2-1
On the Road 9-7-1-0
1 Goal Game 9-2-2-1
*Amongst active players
Goals 13 (J. Anderson, B. Seney)
Assists 23 (J. Duszak)
Points 29 (B. Seney)
PPG 5 (J. Ho-Sang)
Shots 74 (B. Seney)
+/- +12 (B. Seney)
PIMS 55 (R. Clune)
HEAD COACH GREG MOORE
On tonight’s game:
Really tough game. End of the road trip like this, you can tell the guys were starting to feel it. What I really loved was the confidence in the third period after they scored, the voices on the bench, the energy on the bench was different then it had been all year. There was a lot of belief in the group to find our way back into it.
JOSEPH DUSZAK (GAME-WINNING GOAL)
On the game-winning goal:
Just a great play by (Seney). Skated the whole zone and then just turned up and I just happened to be wide open and luckily it went in the net.
On the team’s attitude through the game:
We have a really good group of guys that like to stick together, play together. Everyone throughout the lineup knew the game wasn’t over. Lately we’ve been slipping with those leads like in Wilkes-Barre, we lost that two-goal lead. I thought it was good for our confidence to come back and get the tie and the win. We were 2-2-1 going into this game so, it’s good to finish off the road trip above .500.
BRETT SENEY (1 GOAL, 2 ASSISTS)
On the team’s attitude through the game:
That was one thing last game, we had the lead going into the third and we squandered it. That was one thing that it didn’t matter what the score was, we just wanted to go out there and work hard and play every shift like it’s 0-0. We got down there, but we didn’t give up. Every line was doing it tonight. We were setting each other up. We gave ourselves a chance to win and we won.
On the end of the road trip:
It’s always good to go 3-2-1, always good to be above .500. It’s been a long road trip. The bus ride is a little shorter when you get a win to finish it. It’s definitely a good one for the guys.
*All times Eastern Standard Time
January 28 at Belleville – 7:00 p.m.
February 2 at Grand Rapids – 7:00 p.m.
February 3 at Cleveland – 7:00 p.m.
February 5 vs. Rochester – 4:00 p.m.
February 16 vs. Belleville – 11:00 a.m.
DUCKS-LEAFS PREGAME NOTES
2021-22 Matchups vs. Anaheim: Second of Two
2021-22 Record vs. Anaheim: 1-0-0
Toronto Season Record: 25-10-3
Toronto Home Record: 14-4-1
TV: Sportsnet RADIO: Sportsnet 590
January 24, 2022
Forward Joey Anderson, defenceman Carl Dahlstrom and goaltender
Erik Kallgren have be reassigned to the Toronto Marlies (AHL) from the
Maple Leafs taxi squad.
January 22, 2022
Goaltender Erik Kallgren has been reassigned to the Maple Leafs taxi
squad from the Toronto Marlies (AHL).
January 21, 2022
Forward Joey Anderson and defenceman Carl Dahlstrom have been
reassigned to the Maple Leafs taxi squad from the Toronto Marlies (AHL).
Score: Toronto 3 at New York Islanders 1
Date: Saturday, January 22, 2022
TOR Goals: Marner, Engvall, Rielly
NYI Goals: Parise
TOR Goaltender: Mrazek, 27/28, .964 SV%
NYI Goaltender: Varlamov, 20/23, .870 SV%
TOR Power Play: 0-for-2
TOR Penalty Kill: 3-for-3
Date: Saturday, January 29, 2022
Opponent: at Detroit Red Wings
Time: 7:00 pm ET
Broadcast Information: Sportsnet (TV), TSN 1050 (Radio)
Jake Muzzin Concussion
ALL-TIME VS. ANAHEIM DUCKS:
First Matchup between Clubs: November 17, 1993 (Toronto 4 at Anaheim 3)
All-Time Record: 29-12-5-1 (47 Games)
All-Time Record at Home: 17-3-4-1 (25 Games)
All-Time Record on the Road: 12-9-1-0 (22 Games)
Last Home Win vs. Opponent: February 7, 2020 (Toronto 5 vs. Anaheim 4 – OTW)
Record in Last Five Games: 4-1-0
ACTIVE LEADERS VS. ANAHEIM DUCKS:
Games Played: TJ Brodie (35), Wayne Simmonds (34), Jake Muzzin (31)
Wayne Simmonds (12), John Tavares (10), Auston Matthews (5), William
Assists: TJ Brodie (14), Jake Muzzin (13), John Tavares (12)
Points: John Tavares (22), Wayne Simmonds (18), TJ Brodie (17)
Penalty Minutes: Wayne Simmonds (55), Jake Muzzin (12), John Tavares (8)
2021-22 AVERAGES AND RANKINGS
Points % GF/Game GA/Game PP% PK% SF/G SA/G FO%
Toronto .697 3.37 2.61 29.0% 84.0% 33.9 30.9 55.4%
Anaheim .557 2.89 2.80 25.0% 85.4% 30.8 32.7 49.4%
THE MAN ADVANTAGE IN 2021-22
Power Play: 31/107 (29.0%)
Power Play Goal Leader: 9 – Matthews
Power Play Point Leader: 16 – Matthews (9G, 7A)
2020-21 Power Play: 31/155 (20.0%)
ON THE PK IN 2021-22
Penalty Kill: 89/106 (84.0%)
Shorthanded Goal Leader: 2 – Marner
Shorthanded Point Leader: 2 – Marner (2G), Brodie (2A)
2020-21 Penalty Kill: 113/144 (78.5%)
Wednesday games 9th of 11 (6 home, 5 road)
Back-to-Backs played 6 of 13
Record in first game of back-to-back 3-2-1
Record in second game of back-to-back 2-4-0
January games 9th of 11 (4 home, 7 road)
TJ Brodie Nine points away from 300 career NHL points
Auston Matthews Eight points away from 400 career NHL points
Jake Muzzin 10 points away from 300 career NHL points
William Nylander Four games away from 400 career NHL games played
TJ Brodie Appeared in his 700th career NHL game, Nov. 2, 2021 vs. VGK
TJ Brodie Scored his 50th career NHL goal, Dec. 14, 2021 at EDM
Jack Campbell Appeared in his 100th career NHL game, Nov. 16, 2021 vs. NSH
Pierre Engvall Appeared in his 100th career NHL game, Nov. 2, 2021 vs. VGK
Ondrej Kaše Recorded his 100th career NHL point, Nov. 10, 2021 at PHI
Ondrej Kaše Scored his 50th career NHL goal, Dec. 9, 2021 vs. TBL
Alexander Kerfoot Appeared in his 300th career NHL game, Nov. 26, 2021 at SJS
Alexander Kerfoot Recorded his 100th career NHL assist, Jan. 1, 2022 vs. OTT
Timothy Liljegren Scored his first career NHL goal, Jan. 15, 2022 at STL
Auston Matthews Recorded his 200th career NHL goal, Oct. 25, 2021 at CAR
Ilya Mikheyev Skated in his 100th career NHL game, Jan. 15, 2022 at STL
William Nylander Recorded his 300th career NHL point, Jan. 19, 2022 at NYR
Morgan Rielly Recorded his 250th career NHL assist, Oct. 27, 2021 at CHI
Morgan Rielly Skated in his 600th career NHL game, Dec. 9, 2021 vs. TBL
Wayne Simmonds Skated in his 950th career NHL game, Oct. 16, 2021 vs. OTT
Jason Spezza Skated in his 1,200th career NHL game, Nov. 28, 2021 at ANA
John Tavares Recorded his 200th point with the Maple Leafs, Oct. 18, 2021 vs. NYR
John Tavares Scored his 100th goal with the Maple Leafs, Nov. 13, 2021 at BUF
John Tavares Skated in his 900th career NHL game, Jan. 1, 2022 vs. OTT
2021-22 TEAM LEADERS
CATEGORY LEADER CATEGORY LEADER
GOALS 25 – Matthews HITS 79 – Ritchie
ASSISTS 28 – Rielly BLOCKED SHOTS 51 – Holl, Brodie
POINTS 41 – Matthews (25G, 16A) TAKEAWAYS 36 – Matthews
POWER PLAY POINTS 16 – Matthews (9G, 7A) TOI PER GAME 24:14 – Rielly
SHORTHANDED POINTS 2 – Marner (2G), Brodie (2A) PP TOI PER GAME 3:09 – Marner
PIMs 40 – Simmonds SH TOI PER GAME 2:35 – Muzzin
SHOTS 155 – Matthews WINS 19 – CampbellLL
FACEOFF% 61.4% – Tavares GOALS-AGAINST AVERAGE 2.24 – Campbell
SHOT ATTEMPTS% 60.82% – Mikheyev SAVE PERCENTAGE .927 – CampbelL
LAST ANAHEIM DUCKS GAME
JAN. 24, 2022 – ANAHEIM 5 @ BOSTON 3
The Ducks began a five-game road trip with a 5-3 win at Boston on Monday night, Anaheim’s second straight game with five goals…Hampus Lindholm
(0-3=3), Ryan Getzlaf (1-1=2) and Rickard Rakell (0-2=2) each tallied multi-point efforts, and John Gibson made 23 saves to earn his 14th win of the
season and 162nd career win as a Duck, tying Jonas Hiller for third place on the franchise’s all-time wins list…Lindholm recorded assists on each
Anaheim’s first three goals tonight (0-3=3), tying a personal career high for both points (sixth time) and assists (third time) in a game…he last recorded
three points Dec. 17, 2021 vs. ARI (2-1=3) and three assists Dec. 2, 2020 vs. LAK (0-3=3)…Troy Terry scored his 23rd goal of the season and sixth
GWG at 6:12 of the third period, trailing only Edmonton’s Leon Draisaitl (7) for the most among league leaders…Getzlaf recorded a goal and an assist
(1-1=2), marking his 256th career multi-point game, three shy of tying Teemu Selanne (259) for the most multi-point efforts in Ducks history…his team-leading 23rd assist came on Derek Grant’s game-opening goal, the 26th by Anaheim this season, trailing only Washington (29)…Grant’s goal marked
his third the last two games and fourth the last five games…Isac Lundestrom scored his ninth goal and third SHG, his second point the last two games
(1-1=2)…Greg Pateryn netted his first goal as a Duck and second point in as many games (1-1=2)…Trevor Zegras recorded his 20th assist and 30th
point of the season, and Cam Fowler and Kevin Shattenkirk each added assists.
PP: 1-3 PK: 1-2 SF: 27 SA: 26 TOI: Kevin Shattenkirk (25:44) Three Stars: 1. Lindholm 2. Getzlaf 3. Rakell
Jan. 15 – Recalled G Olle Eriksson Ek, RW Vinni Lettieri and D Greg Pateryn to the active roster from the Taxi Squad.
Jan. 18 – Reassigned C Bo Groulx to San Diego (AHL).
Jan. 19 – Recalled D Brogan Rafferty from San Diego (AHL) and assigned C Danny O’Regan to the Taxi Squad from San Diego.
Jan. 21 – Reassigned D Brogan Rafferty to the Taxi Squad.
Jan. 24 – Reassigned RW Vinni Lettieri to the Taxi Squad
ANAHEIM DUCKS INJURIES
Man Games Lost: 176
ANAHEIM DUCKS NOTES
TONIGHT’S GAME: The Anaheim Ducks continue a season-tying five-game road trip tonight vs. the Toronto Maple Leafs at Scotiabank Arena (4 p.m.
PT, Bally Sports West, AM 830)…the Ducks enter tonight with back-to-back wins (outscoring opponents 10-4) and standings points in 14 of their last 22
games overall (10-8-4)…Anaheim is also 19-12-4 (42 points) with the fourth-ranked GAA (2.60) since Oct. 31…the Ducks also have the top PK net %
since Oct. 31 (91.6%)…Anaheim ranks third among NHL clubs in PK % (85.4) and eighth in PP% (25.0)…the Ducks open their eighth back-to-back
matchup tonight, posting a 6-5-3 record overall and 2-3-2 mark the first contest (4-2-1 in second matchup)…Anaheim continues its 14-game January
schedule (6 home, 8 road), posting a 4-6-0 mark this season and a 160-140-35 record in the month all-time…following tonight’s game, Anaheim
continues its road trip and back-to-back matchup on Thursday, Jan. 27 at Montreal (4 p.m. PT)…the trip also includes visits to Ottawa (Saturday, Jan.
29, 9:30 a.m. PT) and Detroit (Monday, Jan. 31, 4:30 p.m. PT).
ANAHEIM’S ALL-STARS: John Gibson and Troy Terry will represent Anaheim at the 2022 Honda NHL All-Star Weekend in Las Vegas Feb. 4-
5…Gibson and Terry mark the 11th time Anaheim will have multiple All-Star representatives…Gibson (third appearance, also 2016 in Nashville and 2019
in San Jose) is the only Ducks goalie to appear in multiple All-Star Games…Terry was named the winner of the final Pacific Division roster spot for the
2022 Honda NHL All-Star Weekend as a result of fan voting in the 2022 NHL All-Star Last Men In…Terry will make his first All-Star Game appearance at
T-Mobile Arena…Trevor Zegras was named by the NHL as a participant in the 2022 NHL All-Star Skills, taking place Feb. 4.
DUCKS-MAPLE LEAFS: Anaheim and Toronto conclude a two-game season series tonight at Scotiabank Arena, the Ducks first visit to Toronto since
Anaheim Ducks: Media Notes
PLAYER INJURY/ILLNESS EXEPECTED ABSENCE GAMES MISSED
Max Jones Torn pectoralis major 4-6 months 42
Adam Henrique Lower body Week-to-week 20
Sonny Milano Upper body Day-to-day 4
Anthony Stolarz COVID-19 protocol Day-to-day 4
Josh Manson COVID-19 protocol Day-to-day 3
Feb. 7, 2020 (5-4 Maple Leafs OT win)…in the first meeting of the 2021-22 season series Nov. 26 at Honda Center, Toronto earned a 5-1 win despite
Anaheim holding a 40-31 shot advantage, while Hampus Lindholm scored the Ducks lone goal…Anaheim owns a 13-26-8 all-time record vs. the Maple
Leafs, including a 4-15-6 mark in Toronto…Ryan Getzlaf holds the franchise mark for all-time assists vs. the Maple Leafs (14) and paces active Ducks
in career scoring vs. Toronto (2-14=16)…Adam Henrique has recorded the most career points among Ducks players vs. Toronto (7-10=17, in 27
games)…the captain has earned 2-14=16 points in 17 career games vs. the Maple Leafs, including 2-4=6 points his last six games in Toronto.
TERRYING IT UP: Troy Terry (22-14=36 points in 38 GP) has established new single-season career highs in scoring, goals and assists this
season…among NHL leaders, Terry ranks second in shooting percentage (25.0%), tied for second in GWG (5) and OT goals (2), tied for fifth in even-strength goals (17) an sixth in goals (22)…he has 5-2=7 points his last six games and 8-3=11 points his last 11…he has also scored 18-9=27 points his
last 30 games and 23-14=37 in his last 38…Terry scored his first career hat trick (3-0=3) Jan. 4 vs. PHI, becoming the second-fastest Duck to score 20
goals (35th game), behind only Corey Perry (33 games in 2013-14).
CALDER CANDIDATES: Trevor Zegras leads the NHL with four shootout goals…among NHL rookies, Zegras co-leads in points per game (.79) and
PPG (3), ranks second in points (10-20=30) and shots on goal (88), and ranks third in goals, assists and PPP (3-4=7)…Zegras has recorded 4-4=8
points his last 10 games, 4-12=16 his past 17 games and 8-17=25 points with nine multi-point efforts his last 26 games…he was named the NHL’s
Rookie of the Month for December, leading all rookies in scoring (2-9=11) and assists in nine games…he is the third Duck to be named Rookie of the
Month, joining John Gibson (December 2015) and Bobby Ryan (January 2009)…since Dec. 1, Zegras is one of four NHL players with six multi-point
efforts, while he leads NHL rookies in points per game (.94, 4-12=16 in 17 GP) and assists in that stretch…Zegras tallied his 20th assist and 30th point
Jan. 24 @ BOS, requiring the second-fewest games played (38) by a Ducks rookie to record 20 assists in a season (Andy McDonald, 37 GP in 2001-
02)…he became the fifth-youngest Ducks rookie to earn 20 assists in a season at 20 years, 310 days…his 30th point marked the third-fewest games (38)
needed among all Ducks rookies, trailing Bobby Ryan (31 GP in 2008-09) and Paul Kariya (35 GP in 1994-95).
Jamie Drysdale ranks second in scoring (3-15=18) and assists, is tied for second in goals and fourth in TOI/game (19:44) among NHL rookie
defensemen this season…among all NLH rookies, he co-leads in games played (44), ranks tied for fourth in assists and is eighth in scoring…since Nov.
1, Drysdale ranks second in scoring (2-13=15) and assists among NHL rookie blueliners…Drysdale is one of two defensemen selected in the last two
NHL Drafts to appear in an NHL game the last two seasons (also CHI’s Isaak Phillips, fifth round in 2020, 3 GP in 2021-22).
BY THE NUMBERS: John Gibson currently ranks sixth in saves (875) and minutes (1813), and tied for seventh in GP (30) among NHL
goalies…Gibson is 3-1-0 with a 1.51 GAA and .948 SV% his last four appearances…Ryan Getzlaf leads Anaheim in assists (23) and has 1-4=5 points
his last seven games…Cam Fowler has three assists his last four games (0-3=3) and ranks third among NHL leaders in TOI/game since Jan. 1
(26:54)…he is tied for second among league blueliners in PPG (4)…Hampus Lindholm has four assists his last two games and 2-7=9 points his last
11…Lindholm had three assists Jan. 24 @ BOS, tying a career high for both points (sixth time) and assists (third time) in a game…he last recorded three
points Dec. 17, 2021 vs. ARI (2-1=3) and three assists Dec. 2, 2020 vs. LAK (0-3=3)…Derek Grant has scored four goals his last five games (4-0=4)
and six in his last 11 (6-0=6)
FROM THE BLUE LINE: Anaheim defensemen collectively ranks second in PPG (6) and third in goals (26) among NHL defense corps…20.5% of
Anaheim’s 127 goals have come from defensemen this season, third among NHL clubs…in 2020-21, Anaheim’s defense scored 18 goals in 56
games…Ducks blueliners are on pace for a combined 50 goals (46 is single season record by defensemen, 1993-94)…both Kevin Shattenkirk (7-
16=23) and Cam Fowler (5-16=22) have each scored 20 points this season, one of eight sets of teammates to both have 20 or more points, joining the
following: COL (Makar, Toews, Girard), DAL (Heiskanen, Klingberg), DET (Seider, Hronek), FLA (Ekblad, Weegar), NYR (Fox, Trouba), SJS (Burns,
Karlsson), VGK (Pietrangelo, Theodore).
MILESTONES WITHIN REACH:
John Gibson – 1 win to surpassing Jonas Hiller (162) for sole possession of third among franchise goaltenders in wins
Rickard Rakell – 1 goal to tying Bobby Ryan (147) for sixth on the franchise’s all-time goals lis
RAPTORS 125, HORNETS 113
TORONTO & CHARLOTTE POSTGAME VIDEO: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2j8fgl17gig3szo/AAB_ze09Pd9gbmQ4iXZXs3URa?dl=0
FINAL SCORE: TORONTO RAPTORS 125, CHARLOTTE HORNETS 113
DATE: TUESDAY, JANUARY 25, 2022
|FINAL SCORE||RECORD||HIGH POINTS||HIGH REBOUNDS||HIGH ASSISTS|
|Charlotte||113||26-22||Ball – 25||Plumlee – 9||Ball – 7|
|Toronto||125||23-22||Trent Jr. – 32||Siakam – 9||Siakam – 12|
Charlotte trailed by 15 points at the half (76-61) but went on a 14-2 run at the start of the third quarter to cut Toronto’s lead to just three points (78-75) with 7:29 remaining in the quarter … The Raptors countered with a 27-11 run and took a 19-point advantage heading into the final frame … Toronto led by double digits the rest of the game.
The Raptors shot .524 (43-82) from the field, including a season-best .471 (16-34) from three-point range … Toronto improved to 5-1 when shooting 50 percent or better from the field … The Raptors also set a season high for points in a half with 76 in the first … Toronto shot .617 (29-47) from the field and .588 (10-17) from three-point range during the first two quarters.
- With the win, Toronto improves to 23-22 this season and 13-12 at home … The Raptors have now won two of their last three (Jan. 21-25) … Toronto will begin a three-game road trip (Jan. 26-31) tomorrow night in Chicago.
- Gary Trent Jr. scored a season-high 32 points (11-21 FG, 5-10 3PT, 5-5 FT) and added two rebounds, and two assists in 35 minutes … Trent Jr. has scored 30+ points five times in his career, including twice this season … Tonight, he scored 13 points in the first quarter and added 14 points in the third frame … Trent Jr. has recorded 12 double-digit quarters in 35 games played this year, something he did 13 times in 58 games last season.
- Pascal Siakam finished with 24 points and a career high-tying 12 assists in 39 minutes for his team-leading 12th double-double of the season … He also added nine rebounds in the win … Siakam has now scored 20+ points in four consecutive games (Jan. 19-25), averaging 23.3 points and shooting .521 (37-71) from the field during this stretch.
- In the first half tonight, Pascal Siakam recorded 19 points, eight assists, and seven rebounds … Siakam became the first player in franchise history to record 15+ points, 7+ rebounds, and 7+ assists in a half.
- OG Anunoby scored 24 points and added seven rebounds and two steals in 36 minutes … Anunoby has scored 20+ points in 14-of-30 games this season, something he did 13 times in 43 contests last year.
- Fred VanVleet (Right Knee; Soreness) and Scottie Barnes (Right Wrist; Swelling) were both out for Toronto.
- With the loss, Charlotte falls to 26-22, including 13-15 on the road … Charlotte will play the second half of a back-to-back (Jan. 25-26) tomorrow night in Indiana.
- LaMelo Ball finished with 25 points, seven assists and three rebounds in 32 minutes … Ball has scored 25+ points 15 times in his career, including 10 times this season.
- Miles Bridges recorded 22 points, four rebounds and three assists in 30 minutes … Bridges has now scored 20+ points in six of the last seven games (Jan. 12-25), averaging 23.4 points and shooting .539 (62-115) from the field during this span.
- Terry Rozier scored 12 points and added six assists in 29 minutes … Tonight Rozier tied Glen Rice (508) for fourth on Charlotte’s all-time three-pointers list … Rozier (168 games) is the fastest Hornet to reach 500 career three-pointers.
|2021-22 SEASON-SERIES||ALL-TIME RECORDS|
|DATE||SITE||RESULT||RAPTORS WINS||HORNETS WINS|